Custom Art FIBAE 7 announcement & impressions thread
Nov 16, 2019 at 4:26 AM Post #271 of 749
WhatsApp Image 2019-11-16 at 16.55.37.jpeg
My Universal F7 with the Blue Galaxy design has finally arrived! My first ever CA IEM and I really think the image here doesn't do the design and craftsmanship justice.

I think what is striking about the F7 to me is really its lush mids and natural tonality. Extremely pleasing to the ear and wonderful for long listening sessions. A truly wonderful flagship at a reasonable price point! Kudos to Piotr and the CA team :)

Nov 17, 2019 at 6:16 AM Post #272 of 749
I think we have had one report of hissing, don't remember the sound source it was reported with. I checked with few sources and Sansa Zip+ was the only source which produced very faint hiss with F7.

It was me who reported some hiss. I tried several sources (DX150, Mojo, R6 Pro...). I noticed significant less hiss with R3 and Vorzüge Duo II. This said I'm a heavy listener of baroque or solist instrumentals and very sensitive to silent background. The hiss is undetectable with other genres. I'm now using the Fibae 7 with DX220+amp 4s/8ex-mod for commuting and the hiss doesn't bother me as it melts with external noise and I won't change as SQ is astonishing. @piotrus-g advises me to use an inline resistor adapter and I yet to find a balanced one.

Nov 18, 2019 at 12:52 AM Post #274 of 749
iFi IEMatch comes in balanced 2.5

I checked iFI IEMatch, he isn't good. No hiss, but bass muddy and remove forward and sparkly higher mids and highs.

Nov 18, 2019 at 2:13 AM Post #275 of 749
On top of this I am not sure that IE Match is necessary at all with the FIBAE tech...

Nov 18, 2019 at 12:04 PM Post #277 of 749
On top of this I am not sure that IE Match is necessary at all with the FIBAE tech...
Oh, I definitely agree. As a matter of fact, I'd rather deal with slight hiss (non fibae tech) than use additional resistance in the circuit. While I haven't experienced the bass problem @msiekkb describes , I have found clarity and resolution decrease. I have both iematch 3.5 and 2.5 and they are indespensible if wanting to plug into a desktop setup with stupid power (like my LP rs08)

I only list it as a possible solution. But I hear ya Bros.

Nov 20, 2019 at 2:36 PM Post #278 of 749
Reading so much positive reviews on Fibae 7 is really tempting me!!

I have been looking around iems at this price point, and currently own U12T using Leo II as my daily portable driver with DX220 and modded AMP8 paired with Oriolus BA300S.

How different is the Fibae 7 to the U12T or rather how similar are they? I am looking for a musical iem that can be listened for hours. I absolutely love U12T but sometimes i find it a bit "boring"!

Nov 21, 2019 at 6:28 AM Post #279 of 749
Reading so much positive reviews on Fibae 7 is really tempting me!!

I have been looking around iems at this price point, and currently own U12T using Leo II as my daily portable driver with DX220 and modded AMP8 paired with Oriolus BA300S.

How different is the Fibae 7 to the U12T or rather how similar are they? I am looking for a musical iem that can be listened for hours. I absolutely love U12T but sometimes i find it a bit "boring"!
FIBAE 7 has a signature somewhere between U12t and U18t. Compared to U12t you get a touch less bass quantity and a bit more upper mids which should help reduce "boring" factor, as FIBAE 7 is far from being boring one.

Nov 21, 2019 at 8:24 AM Post #283 of 749
FIBAE 7 has a signature somewhere between U12t and U18t. Compared to U12t you get a touch less bass quantity and a bit more upper mids which should help reduce "boring" factor, as FIBAE 7 is far from being boring one.

Of all the things the FIBAE7 is, certainly not boring... so full of life!

To me it's also more full bodied than both U12t and U18t, there is more weight and this is part of the fun of the F7

Nov 21, 2019 at 10:27 AM Post #284 of 749

To me it's also more full bodied than both U12t and U18t, there is more weight and this is part of the fun of the F7

Definitely the Fibae 7 one day, @davidmolliere & @piotrus-g ...

One day in the not too distant future !

Hope you both have a great day !

Nov 23, 2019 at 9:38 AM Post #285 of 749

Yea, the FIBAE 7 has extremely high level of musicality and it gives a full-bodied yet engaging sound. Brilliant! :)

Definitely the Fibae 7 one day, @davidmolliere & @piotrus-g ...

One day in the not too distant future !

Hope you both have a great day !
You will not regret with the FIBAE 7 for sure! :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back