Custom Art FIBAE 7 announcement & impressions thread
Jul 8, 2019 at 12:24 PM Post #106 of 749
So any update on modded balanced Arete cable? Is it better?

Yes, for sure but I only made the modification yesterday evening and did not have a lot of time today to beneficit from the change.

Jul 8, 2019 at 12:25 PM Post #107 of 749
now I'm thinking hard about getting the F7 to complement the H8.2
Have had really good experiences with Piotr and his team since buying my first pro 330v2 from them way back, till upgrading to H8.2.
Since my impressions are still there.... hmm... let's see about the missus...

For me, I find that the H8.2 sounds really nice with a neutral to neutral slightly bright dac/amp combo just wished for some added pizzazz and height, and seeing the posted FR, seems like it might fit the bill.
Does anyone here have a F7 running out of LGV30+ or even the RME ADI2-DAC or RME/V280 combo or even the ibasso dx220 on amp1mk2?
How does it sound?

Would be helpful for me to get a better understanding about the signature of the F7.
Thanks in advance.

Cheers and rock on Piotr!
Happy 7th anniversary to CA!
Just tried a demo unit of FIBAE 7. The upper midrange and treble stand out for me the most. Bass decay is quick and each bass note is articulated with a nice weight. Vocals' forwardness is spot on. Treble is lively yet smooth. The amount of sparkle is apt and it helps to spice up the top end without any aggression. The soundstage provides an intimate feeling but it is still on the spacious side of things. Overall, the FIBAE 7 is engaging, clean & controlled without any harshness. An excellent flagship from Custom Art with its highly musical sound.

This impression is tested out of my iBasso DX220 on AMP1 MK2. Cheers! :)

Jul 8, 2019 at 2:28 PM Post #108 of 749
Jul 9, 2019 at 10:17 AM Post #110 of 749
Does anyone here have a F7 running out of LGV30+ or even the RME ADI2-DAC or RME/V280 combo or even the ibasso dx220 on amp1mk2?
How does it sound?

Would be helpful for me to get a better understanding about the signature of the F7.
Thanks in advance.

Cheers and rock on Piotr!
Happy 7th anniversary to CA!
Well since we are talking about IEM with FIBAE technology, there will be very little to no changes in sound signature based on the sound source and FIBAEs are very easy to drive so I think you'll be ok with any of those

And thanks!

Jul 9, 2019 at 5:49 PM Post #112 of 749
It's hard to say how is the actual improvement as the 4.4mm output is much better than the 3.5mm. Well, that's outstanding compared to the Lionheart which is less musical and full but as detailed and refined. The Arete and the F7 sound more mature and refined than other combinations tried for now, that's full and open at the same time. I compared them with the VE8, which had the Lionheart, this afternoon and sincerely I was not amazed by the difference. Okay, the second one is a bit more defined on some bass lines, but that was not so obvious. At the end I definitely preferred stayed with the F7 during the afternoon... Just more musical for my taste.

Jul 10, 2019 at 6:16 AM Post #113 of 749
It's hard to say how is the actual improvement as the 4.4mm output is much better than the 3.5mm. Well, that's outstanding compared to the Lionheart which is less musical and full but as detailed and refined. The Arete and the F7 sound more mature and refined than other combinations tried for now, that's full and open at the same time. I compared them with the VE8, which had the Lionheart, this afternoon and sincerely I was not amazed by the difference. Okay, the second one is a bit more defined on some bass lines, but that was not so obvious. At the end I definitely preferred stayed with the F7 during the afternoon... Just more musical for my taste.
That's really great to hear!
And I can't really help but point out price difference which is roughly 2,5 times between those setups :O

Jul 16, 2019 at 11:07 AM Post #114 of 749
And the FIBAE7 review from @akared has made the homepage, congrats :)

2019-07-16 17-05-36.png

I really must sell some gear to get the F7... my wallet won't allow me right now... eager to lay my ears on it :)

Jul 16, 2019 at 2:09 PM Post #115 of 749
Yes, this is an excellent review! Which player do you use @akared?

Jul 16, 2019 at 4:51 PM Post #117 of 749
And the FIBAE7 review from @akared has made the homepage, congrats :)

I really must sell some gear to get the F7... my wallet won't allow me right now... eager to lay my ears on it :)
Thank you :) The Black is also on my radar -- if my custom F7 comes back and the fit is perfect I might just order a pair of black to use as daily driver.

Jul 16, 2019 at 7:37 PM Post #118 of 749
Thank you :) The Black is also on my radar -- if my custom F7 comes back and the fit is perfect I might just order a pair of black to use as daily driver.
Ohh, I hope you do! I'd love to hear your comparison between them. Going by Piotr's descriptions, I'd guess that the Black and F7 would make an excellent complementary pairing. At least, that's what I tell myself (shortly after that, my wallet goes into hiding).

Speaking of which, @piotrus-g, you commented a while back about streamlining the production processes. Did that also include making any headway on being able to offer 3D-printed shells in colors other than black?

Jul 17, 2019 at 9:51 AM Post #119 of 749
Congratulations @akared on phenomenal review and making it to the front page of head-fi! Also thank you for being the first one to review it! :)
I'd guess that the Black and F7 would make an excellent complementary pairing.
Well you could definitely do that but if I were to have both F7 and Blacks as my only customs I would probably end up using F7 more.
Did that also include making any headway on being able to offer 3D-printed shells in colors other than black?
We are working on it. We are now focusing on making a clear transparent our next 3D printed material - once we master that a few different colors will be available as well.

Jul 17, 2019 at 1:40 PM Post #120 of 749
Congratulations @akared on phenomenal review and making it to the front page of head-fi! Also thank you for being the first one to review it! :)

Well you could definitely do that but if I were to have both F7 and Blacks as my only customs I would probably end up using F7 more.

We are working on it. We are now focusing on making a clear transparent our next 3D printed material - once we master that a few different colors will be available as well.
Yeeessssss more colors!

I suppose my follow up question to your comment about having the 7s and Blacks is, what is your gauge of what makes a complementary pairing? I still consider myself a newbie so thought experiments that give perspective help me :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back