Custom Art + AAW : Project 4+2
Feb 27, 2021 at 4:44 AM Post #76 of 142
Currently enjoying the 4+2, I thought that with the 2 x 8 mm drivers I would encountered a strong bass, I have dealt with multiple DD IEM's from Lear and UM and had mixed feelings.

Early thoughts using stock large tips and cable

No doubt, if you are listening without knowing the specs, you will know it's a hybrid as the DD show it's presence but it doesn't feels like a 8 mm driver, but almost like having a 10 MM driver and not like 13.6 mm as some other hybrids .
So I think the 2 x 8 mm is quite good in providing the right hit in the bass region. For example Big Boi Kill Jill sounds fantastic with the hits that occur within the first minute or in Big Sean Harder than My Demons changes during the first part of the song

Still listening on the Mids and Highs using Interpol, The Smits and Sault. The BA approach seems very good, no fatigue or harshness.

No doubt need to keep listening

Cable and accessories very good
Thanks for quick sum up. I believe the IEMs are delivered with Normal filter, so if you are looking for bigger bass, change the filter to "Bass"
Have not touched the modules as I was not sure how you changed them
use your fingernails to grab the top of the filter and pull it slowly up. Be aware that if you do it too fast they will fly, so do it in such a place that you'll be able to find the filter if you lose your grip. Same goes for the metal filter holder.
Thanks for the quick response

@piotrus-g are these going to be on the Custom Art site for purchase soon?
I hope to add them to our shop this weekend

Feb 27, 2021 at 12:40 PM Post #77 of 142
I hope to add them to our shop this weekend
Awesome, my card is in my hand waiting!!

Still loving my Fibae 4 customs and have been waiting for a new model. Downside is now we are out of Europe there will be added cost due to customs taxes 😒

Mar 1, 2021 at 10:07 AM Post #78 of 142
Thanks for the quick response

@piotrus-g are these going to be on the Custom Art site for purchase soon?
Don’t forget that now the uk is out of the eu there will be import costs ordering from CA. Chating with another headfier it seems ups is largely the culprit.

edit beaten.

Last edited:
Mar 1, 2021 at 10:30 AM Post #79 of 142
Don’t forget that now the uk is out of the eu there will be import costs ordering from CA. Chating with another headfier it seems ups is largely the culprit.

edit beaten.
I think it adds around 22%% of the value of item as the tax, so maybe around £120 ish

Mar 1, 2021 at 10:58 AM Post #81 of 142
I'm guessing whole price with taxes and the courier adding a fee will be around £585-600

I'm hoping they punch above their weight price wise, I've always felt my FIBAE 4 are great value and compete with more expensive models

Mar 1, 2021 at 11:33 AM Post #83 of 142
We can also ship with FedEx, but the price for UK might be different now, and I honestly can't say if the charges would be any different.
I've been led to believe that the courier charges are around £11-15 or 2% of value dependent on company

I don't mind either company to be honest as I think the charge will be around the same

How long before a custom version is available do you think?

Mar 3, 2021 at 1:21 PM Post #84 of 142
Package just arrived!

PXL_20210303_175812318.jpg

Mar 3, 2021 at 8:40 PM Post #85 of 142
Thought I should pop back in with some very very quick first impressions, that will mostly be non audio related. And of course Ill try and pop back in tomorrow with some more actual audio impressions.

Fairly standard, but quality unboxing experience I would say. Also a fairly standard set of included accessories. Biggest omission would be a cleaning tool, but I assume most of us likely already have more than one of those already anyways. What was nice though is it comes with a microfiber cloth.

The cable is also quite nice for a stock cable, though I guess its technically not really a "stock" cable since its a null audio cable. Anyways, nice that its included. Its this guy I believe if anyone is wondering: https://www.null-audio.com/collecti...tiburon-upocc-cryo-copper-headphone-iem-cable

First thing about them though, they are BIG. Significantly larger than both my CA dorado and 64 Nio, and while I dont have the Z1R to compare to anymore, I would say they might even be larger. My ears are sensitive and I have trouble with larger IEMs. That said, they are not very heavy, and the stem seems to be decent enough length so they sit far enough out. Surprisingly for the hour or two of wear time I got in earlier, they were actually quite comfortable for me. But they are definitely large.

Love the faceplates though, the blue purple swirl is nice, and has a bit of a shine and sparkle to it. Really cool. The rest of the shell is a dark gray (though may be blue or purpleish), and semi transparent. They are really nice looking.

Some real quick words on sound since I know its the most important... They are a nice smooth listen. Not fatiguing or sharp or sibilant. Clarity and detail retrieval seem good, but thats always hard to tell for me. I actually get some nice width and even some height from the soundstage. Its got a nice quality there. I immediately swapped to the bass module. Bass isnt quite to my preferences. Its not quite as visceral or physical as I like, but still a bit north of true neutral. Its good some decent weight to it. My very first listen it actually sounded a bit stuffed up in the bass. I know people talk about burn in, and while I am not a big believer, it seemed more palatable after I left it running for an hour or so. Overall though, pretty nice and pleasant sounding. Way too early to make any proclamations one way or another, but as I said, if I have time tomorrow Ill certainly try and get some more detailed impressions and maybe some comparisons with the other IEMs I have on hand. And some photos.

Last edited:
Mar 3, 2021 at 10:47 PM Post #86 of 142
Thought I should pop back in with some very very quick first impressions, that will mostly be non audio related. And of course Ill try and pop back in tomorrow with some more actual audio impressions.

Fairly standard, but quality unboxing experience I would say. Also a fairly standard set of included accessories. Biggest omission would be a cleaning tool, but I assume most of us likely already have more than one of those already anyways. What was nice though is it comes with a microfiber cloth.

The cable is also quite nice for a stock cable, though I guess its technically not really a "stock" cable since its a null audio cable. Anyways, nice that its included. Its this guy I believe if anyone is wondering: https://www.null-audio.com/collecti...tiburon-upocc-cryo-copper-headphone-iem-cable

First thing about them though, they are BIG. Significantly larger than both my CA dorado and 64 Nio, and while I dont have the Z1R to compare to anymore, I would say they might even be larger. My ears are sensitive and I have trouble with larger IEMs. That said, they are not very heavy, and the stem seems to be decent enough length so they sit far enough out. Surprisingly for the hour or two of wear time I got in earlier, they were actually quite comfortable for me. But they are definitely large.

Love the faceplates though, the blue purple swirl is nice, and has a bit of a shine and sparkle to it. Really cool. The rest of the shell is a dark gray (though may be blue or purpleish), and semi transparent. They are really nice looking.

Some real quick words on sound since I know its the most important... They are a nice smooth listen. Not fatiguing or sharp or sibilant. Clarity and detail retrieval seem good, but thats always hard to tell for me. I actually get some nice width and even some height from the soundstage. Its got a nice quality there. I immediately swapped to the bass module. Bass isnt quite to my preferences. Its not quite as visceral or physical as I like, but still a bit north of true neutral. Its good some decent weight to it. My very first listen it actually sounded a bit stuffed up in the bass. I know people talk about burn in, and while I am not a big believer, it seemed more palatable after I left it running for an hour or so. Overall though, pretty nice and pleasant sounding. Way too early to make any proclamations one way or another, but as I said, if I have time tomorrow Ill certainly try and get some more detailed impressions and maybe some comparisons with the other IEMs I have on hand. And some photos.
They are rather large , but never felt heavy or fatiguing. I enjoy the normal module, but I have moved to bass module and it has increased the sub bass but without overpowering the sound

Mar 4, 2021 at 2:56 AM Post #87 of 142

Nice write up

How would you say at this early stage they compare to your Nio?

Mar 10, 2021 at 6:18 AM Post #88 of 142
Are these available for purchase in EU, possible with VAT reverse charge? :)

Mar 10, 2021 at 7:38 AM Post #90 of 142

Users who are viewing this thread

Back