Current rig pics
Jan 21, 2002 at 11:16 AM Post #16 of 59
Quote:

Originally posted by Vertigo-1
I'm on the lookout for a different amp that's quicker, cleaner, and of course brighter in the treble

Hmmm... didn't someone recommend the Creek 4330 or 5350SE for you?
very_evil_smiley.gif

Jan 21, 2002 at 12:45 PM Post #17 of 59
Yeah...literally one day too late!!!
mad.gif
*shakes fist at MacDEF*
tongue.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif

Still, given the reviews I read on them, Creeks also seem to sound a bit on the smooth side? Maybe not as warm as Rotels though...hmm I'm wondering about those NAD amps maybe (yeah I'm being careful not to speak of that company in plural terms...
biggrin.gif
evil_smiley.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif
).

Ctn, that amp indeed looks gorgeous...although it is over what I wanted to spend on an amp. Maaaaaaybe if I could find one at $750, but otherwise that amp alone would cost more than my speakers + Rotel amp + speaker cables! I was considering amps around the $500 region...the Rotel 972 I picked up for $400. Seemed like a good deal given the features it has is right up my alley...but the sound on the other hand...
eek.gif

Ahh yes Moo seems like we are in the same situation...I don't have to worry about tuition for one, a full tuition waiver takes care of that...and I'm gonna be selfish for a couple of years and just hog my money to myself, no more GFs for me.
very_evil_smiley.gif
From there I just dedicate what little money I get towards audio. I'm a gamer but I'm not so heavy a gamer that I throw $300 on games every two weeks like most people my age probably would be doing, either that or on the GFs.
wink.gif
I've owned the PS2 for like 6 months now and still only have 3 games for it. I don't own a car, so there's a couple thousand saved, plus more saved from not having to worry about gas or insurance. Only other expenses I really have is rent, food (I don't drink, so there goes alcohol addiction problems)...and CDs.
smily_headphones1.gif
My audio equipment is like an investment...certain parts of my system are pretty guaranteed now to stay with me for a good 2-3 years, like my 9000ES. It all works out pretty good in the end...I'm a warm and fuzzy monkey.
biggrin.gif

Jan 21, 2002 at 1:51 PM Post #18 of 59
Lol, I'm only 15, but I'm sorta in the same position. My parents take care of my food, mortgage payments
smily_headphones1.gif
, etc. Whatever money I make, I keep (Working stage crew @ the high school for outside groups(minimum wage!)), reffing soccer, etc. All this money goes to either computer or now, audio. Can't wait till I get a job this summer.

Jan 21, 2002 at 8:41 PM Post #19 of 59
Quote:

Still, given the reviews I read on them, Creeks also seem to sound a bit on the smooth side? Maybe not as warm as Rotels though...hmm I'm wondering about those NAD amps maybe (yeah I'm being careful not to speak of that company in plural terms...
biggrin.gif
evil_smiley.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif
).

From what I've read, the Creek amps are very detailed and "clean" but not uncomfortably bright. NAD amps tend to have good detail but they are also a bit warmer.

Jan 22, 2002 at 12:16 AM Post #20 of 59
Quote:

Ctn, that amp indeed looks gorgeous...although it is over what I wanted to spend on an amp. Maaaaaaybe if I could find one at $750, but otherwise that amp alone would cost more than my speakers + Rotel amp + speaker cables! I was considering amps around the $500 region...the Rotel 972 I picked up for $400. Seemed like a good deal given the features it has is right up my alley...but the sound on the other hand...

Vertigo there is a 35w version that uses plastic mofsets
smily_headphones1.gif
. The sound is pretty much the same clean, detailed and laid back sound. A very good amp to relax too for 500US. That is you buy it in Oz
smily_headphones1.gif
. And this when Im using cheap speaker cables too...Cant wait to upgrade mine
smily_headphones1.gif

Here's their link if you want to check it out

http://www.redgumaudio.com/

From what I can tell, everyone that has used one or reviewed one highly recommends it for its price/performance.

Oh the Redgum doesnt have much for features
smily_headphones1.gif
All it has is some input selectors and dual mono volume controls. There isnt any fancy remotes or bass/treble controls...all the money goes into the sound
cool.gif

Jan 22, 2002 at 12:50 AM Post #21 of 59
Quote:

I'm gonna be selfish for a couple of years and just hog my money to myself, no more GFs for me.
very_evil_smiley.gif
[/B]

Yeah, rigth! Like it would really happen. I mean, come one, you are in collegue Vert. That's like a primordial soup for relationships. Besides, women are evil. They always come to you when you are not looking for one.

Jan 22, 2002 at 2:20 AM Post #22 of 59
Nice setup you got there Vert! I have always thought Sony ES players were killer. The RKV looks cool. I also like your monitor being that it is almost exactly like mine. I've got the G400.
Yep, Rotel is a little more on the smooth side. Sometime, you should look into seperate power amps if you crave more detail. Ones that I have heard that are very detailed are: Aragon, Bryston, and Parasound. And, every one of these are BASS MASTERS! Good luck!
mondialdesigns.com
parasound.com
bryston.ca

Jan 22, 2002 at 4:28 AM Post #23 of 59
Quote:

Yeah, rigth! Like it would really happen. I mean, come one, you are in collegue Vert. That's like a primordial soup for relationships. Besides, women are evil. They always come to you when you are not looking for one

LOL, believe me, I make myself EXTREMELY difficult for the opposite sex to find anything about me to like in real life...they may dig my looks (yeah right), but I tend to buzz them off with a sentence or two, and I do it on purpose.
very_evil_smiley.gif
In all honesty I'm absolutely the happiest when I'm alone...it was the way I was brought up after all, I've been pretty much a loner all my life. No parents to look over my back, no hanging out Saturday night with friends at the mall movies and drive ins at Taco Bell. So get a GF and get married and all that? Maybe, but I'm sure gonna make it as hard as hell to happen.
very_evil_smiley.gif

A lot of what I see today in society also just disgusts me and makes me even want to stay away from relationships even more. Girls just hooking up with any old guy just to have a guy, and vice versa for the guys, people breaking up after a week, watching my friend's GF literally take control over his whole life...I could go on and on. I'm just simply avoiding this kinda crap for as long as I can.

Just my take on the whole GF thing.
rolleyes.gif

Jan 22, 2002 at 11:46 AM Post #25 of 59
Vert - I'm the same way, never took interest in a relationship with a girl(one exception, fell in love with someone already taken, doh!
frown.gif
), but I'm lucky and have great parents looking out for me.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 22, 2002 at 12:27 PM Post #26 of 59
Reminds me of the other reason I don't bother with girls...all the good and pretty ones with nice personalities that you even bother giving effort to chase after tend to all be taken already.
rolleyes.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back