CUDA
Apr 27, 2011 at 7:13 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

BillW

New Head-Fier
This is my first thread, so bare with me.
I'm running W7 with Foobar2000 + Wasapi, and have been wondering if, not too sure what, but if there is anything my graphics card can do to add to my output?
I'm running a Fubar IV Plus using optical out (onboard) (Not using USB because there is some weird issue where I hear very odd ripping like distortion with USB, and not optical thank god)

Anyway, back on topic, basically are there any components for Foobar2k worth mentioning that utilise CUDA cores?

Apr 27, 2011 at 10:45 PM Post #4 of 5
There was actually something that utilizes OpenCL (similar to nvidia CUDA or MS DirectCompute) to calculate BPM and help you create playlist with certain BPM criterias IIRC. I didn't use it so I don't know how it performs.

For audio processing (DSP) as someone stated before, CPU is mostly enough and in case you wanna use the card, GPU older than Fermi architecture (the GeForce 200 series have some cards that support double precision and some not as they are older G9x derivatives) might not be a good choice as they only support single precision floating point calculation.

EDIT: Fixed misinformation and on 2nd thought, I think for audio playback if you really want to use things like CUDA in single precision float it's ok, too. Foobar audio pipeline is only in 32 bit float anyway. For my line of works, that is typically not the case.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back