CRYOGENIC TREATMENT
Jul 9, 2008 at 1:35 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 96

Know Talent

100+ Head-Fier
CRYOGENIC TREATMENT DOES NOTHING TO ENHANCE SOUND PROPERTIES.

IT IS A TREATMENT APPLIED TO REDUCE INTERNAL STRESSES WITH THE INTENTION OF IMPROVING MECHANICAL INTEGRITY..

and remember kids, DUCK & COVER!!!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Jul 9, 2008 at 1:49 PM Post #2 of 96
What rubbish. It gives the cables a sharp edge, great atmospheric clarity, a pure white background, whilst providing a level of smooth coolness to the music.

Why, don't you run your system inside a deep freeze for the same reasons?

Jul 9, 2008 at 2:58 PM Post #4 of 96
Quote:

Originally Posted by Know Talent /img/forum/go_quote.gif
CRYOGENIC TREATMENT DOES NOTHING TO ENHANCE SOUND PROPERTIES.

IT IS A TREATMENT APPLIED TO REDUCE INTERNAL STRESSES WITH THE INTENTION OF IMPROVING MECHANICAL INTEGRITY..

and remember kids, DUCK & COVER!!!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

From the way that you are shouting to make your point, you must have spent a lot of money on Cryogenic Treatment.

Why don't you start a new tread titled

"How I lost my money
redface.gif
"

Jul 9, 2008 at 3:23 PM Post #5 of 96
Yeah, but it's cool to talk about when you're showing off your rig and being smug...

Jul 9, 2008 at 3:31 PM Post #6 of 96
Quote:

Originally Posted by 883dave /img/forum/go_quote.gif
From the way that you are shouting to make your point, you must have spent a lot of money on Cryogenic Treatment.

Why don't you start a new tread titled

"How I lost my money
redface.gif
"

nah, I lost (wasted) money on things far less insidious!
biggrin.gif

just trying to expose the subterfuge spewage from the marketing pink boys

Jul 9, 2008 at 3:53 PM Post #7 of 96
Absolutely correct. But it does do quite a bit for degrading sound properties. Every experience I have had with the cyrogenic has led me to realize that it degrades the sound by rolling off the high end and reducing harmonics of various instruments. This leads to the big misconception that the components sound "smoother".
To bad that many companies use it as a selling point, it is one of the worst things that has ever happened to audio. It allows manufacturer's a way to hype their product which is poor performing. I go to great extremes to assure that their is nothing cryoed in my system and products.

Regards,
Michael Wolff

Jul 9, 2008 at 5:43 PM Post #8 of 96
Interesting view. I sometimes wonder is it cryo making the difference or is it the use of super conductive fluid that is making the differences. And perhaps cryo is just a cover?

Jul 9, 2008 at 6:10 PM Post #9 of 96
If you want to try cryo, don't pay a lot. Cryo is commonly used for tooling and wear items. You should be able to find a treatment facility in most metropolitan areas and there are a number of online presences, too. You should not have to pay more than $5-$15 (you read that right) to treat a cable.

That is unless you can find some friendly Xists to do it for free. As they say, "too much is always better than not enough."
wink.gif

Jul 9, 2008 at 6:20 PM Post #12 of 96
Well obviously it does nothing to enhance sound.

Interesting that it enhances mechanical integrity if that's true though.

Jul 9, 2008 at 6:25 PM Post #14 of 96
So, for $30 I ought to be able to dunk my entire rig?

Jul 9, 2008 at 6:42 PM Post #15 of 96
I remember, steve hostin have cryo hears.
If isn't the proof than cryo is better...
Ask wonderwoman.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back