Cryo Micro iMod LOD?
Aug 3, 2007 at 7:04 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

wolfB

100+ Head-Fier
Hi Ken,

I love the size of my Cryo Micro iPod Line Out Dock, and I am just wondering, if you could make something like that for the iMod as well. I understand those Black Gate caps are installed inside the dock connector usually, and I can imagine they won't fit into this small Micro Dock Connector. But maybe they'd fit inside the mini connector instead? I won't mind if the mini connector would be slightly larger than of the original Cryo Micro LOD.

What do you think?

Aug 4, 2007 at 5:06 AM Post #2 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by wolfB /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi Ken,

I love the size of my Cryo Micro iPod Line Out Dock, and I am just wondering, if you could make something like that for the iMod as well. I understand those Black Gate caps are installed inside the dock connector usually, and I can imagine they won't fit into this small Micro Dock Connector. But maybe they'd fit inside the mini connector instead? I won't mind if the mini connector would be slightly larger than of the original Cryo Micro LOD.

What do you think?

Hey Wolf,

Glad your digging the Micro Dock. I have not tried to fit the caps into that connector and I doubt / am almost certain that will not fit. Let me check and get back to you though and thanks for the post.

Ken

Campfire Audio Campfire Audio - Nicely Done. Stay updated on Campfire Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.campfireaudio.com/ Support@campfireaudio.com
Mar 13, 2010 at 11:06 PM Post #5 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by grokit /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I guess they didn't fit.

I can make a smaller iMod dock. Email me if anyone would like a "Tiny iMod" dock.

Thanks

Ken

Campfire Audio Campfire Audio - Nicely Done. Stay updated on Campfire Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.campfireaudio.com/ Support@campfireaudio.com
May 8, 2010 at 10:01 PM Post #7 of 14
I definetely would like the best "lower-profile" LOD that you can make Ken, something like Qusp makes from Twisted Cables.  I think you make higher quality LOD's they are just not as small or convenient as his, I really wish you would make a model like that with the same quality as your OCC Cry LOD.  Let me know if it is possible to make a custom LOD like this, thanks.

May 9, 2010 at 10:56 PM Post #9 of 14
Can you make your upcoming bigger gauge OCC in a lower-profile format?  If so, I am already drooling at the thought....
L3000.gif

I also had a question regarding your VCAP, is this really necessary?  I only have a 160G 6G iPod but am willing to upgrade to your full portable rig set-up if it has that big of an improvement.  I have noticed all throughout your website that tests are conducted using Lossless/ALAC files only.  Will I be able to use my lower quality (320kbps MP3/256 AAC) with your high-end set-up?  I have just started re-ripping all my albums in ALAC format but some of them I no longer have so I am stuck with the format they are in, I don't want to spend $1000+ if I am not going to be able to listen to my lower-quality music.  Thanks in advance.

May 11, 2010 at 12:48 AM Post #10 of 14
sdotfire:

I purchased an iMod recently and coupled it to a vcap dock and the sound exceeded my expectations - never expected that kind of sound without going through my wadia 170i transport.  My lower quality files (192kbps and up) sound good as well.

You NEED either an iMod LOD or a vcap (or the portable vcap - pvcap) in order to listen to the iMod.  

Hope this helps.

CJ
:)

May 17, 2010 at 12:51 PM Post #12 of 14

I don't think you really need the ALO Superdock because the Amphora already has the caps built-in.  I guess it wouldn't hurt but the ALO Superdock caps would be redundant, IMHO.

But does it actually sound better?  Maybe I'm missing something...??

CJ
:)

Quote:
If you like that,try an ALO Superdock- Amphora Combination!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back