CrossRoads MylarOne X3, XB, and Classic Owners Club
Aug 11, 2007 at 7:30 PM Post #766 of 1,031
Quote:

Originally Posted by e_resolu /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I’ve just received the UE Flange set from Idealsound.
I was also part of those who found that the bass of my X3 was decreasing with time. Now with the new UE flange, I have the same bass feeling than when I’ve just burned in my X3.
This bass issue might be simply caused by sony tips durability problem!!!!

NIce work my friend. I love the E2 foamies overall, better than the UE foams. Foamies = bass!!

Aug 11, 2007 at 7:33 PM Post #767 of 1,031
Quote:

Originally Posted by Max F /img/forum/go_quote.gif
NIce work my friend. I love the E2 foamies overall, better than the UE foams. Foamies = bass!!

Well...that is faulty reasoning right there. Foamies = better seal = bass
tongue.gif

Aug 12, 2007 at 8:24 AM Post #768 of 1,031
Quote:

Originally Posted by Aevum /img/forum/go_quote.gif
to your mother

ROFL, me saying "word" was my stupid friend's fault. I was lurking this thread because I got my X3s today
smily_headphones1.gif

Thank god the extra shure e2 foams I have fit them. My ears are weird and I can only seem to get those tips to fit/feel right out of what I've tried.

My portable rig is basically my iPod and the X3s...I have found myself using the EQ on my iPod for the first time in ages, but only to see how strongly it would effect the sound. The 'treble boost' setting worked well for certain music, and other music I used the acoustic setting...usually I just keep it flat though. It's fun that I can change it up on these and it sound good to my ears
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 12, 2007 at 10:07 PM Post #770 of 1,031
its only logical, and i did say that you DONT mention it in the thread,
from what i hear, uncle wilson and david are very good people, and at first had no problem sending another pair, but people posted about it, people talked and people abused it,

but normaly, when you want to exchange a defective product, you have to send backl the defective product to get a new one,

Aug 13, 2007 at 6:24 AM Post #771 of 1,031
Even locally, we have to return the defective unit, though uncle's pretty generous with that if he knows you and you promise to send it back soon. But for him to do so internationally is just a bit too trusting. It's good for building up a good rep at first, but too many people will just abuse that trust.

Aug 13, 2007 at 7:21 AM Post #772 of 1,031
If it breaks within a reasonable amount of time, just send them in. Otherwise, just buy another pair, it's not like it's a pair of HD650s or UM2's. Help the business that helped you enjoy your music.

Aug 13, 2007 at 4:14 PM Post #773 of 1,031
Quote:

Originally Posted by Aevum /img/forum/go_quote.gif
its only logical, and i did say that you DONT mention it in the thread,
from what i hear, uncle wilson and david are very good people, and at first had no problem sending another pair, but people posted about it, people talked and people abused it,

but normaly, when you want to exchange a defective product, you have to send backl the defective product to get a new one,

Yes, indeed, but when people were whining and crying about the X3's, I could only turn to the great customer service Jaben has, and brought it up

Aug 14, 2007 at 1:54 PM Post #774 of 1,031
My X3's arrived late last week. I grabbed mine off the FS forums here. They are really lacking bass, any of it...I'm using the stock tips and waiting for the UE kit to arrive, so I will reserve judgment on these until I can give them a good run with different tips.

Although I am surprised by the lack of bass, I'm just as surprised at the level of clarity.

I get the crinkle sounds in both sides if they move in my ears a bit, or I try and adjust them. I find I can get them in without the crinkle noise though, using the tricks throughout this thread.

Hope those UE tips arrive soon!

Aug 14, 2007 at 3:56 PM Post #775 of 1,031
i'm using UE biflange tips on X3, IMO it adds thumps in bass but it kinda bloated and made sound muddy, so i prefer using sony tips that comes with my X3
wants to hear shure foamies though

Aug 14, 2007 at 4:09 PM Post #776 of 1,031
Quote:

Originally Posted by Krohn /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My X3's arrived late last week. I grabbed mine off the FS forums here. They are really lacking bass, any of it...I'm using the stock tips and waiting for the UE kit to arrive, so I will reserve judgment on these until I can give them a good run with different tips.

Although I am surprised by the lack of bass, I'm just as surprised at the level of clarity.

I get the crinkle sounds in both sides if they move in my ears a bit, or I try and adjust them. I find I can get them in without the crinkle noise though, using the tricks throughout this thread.

Hope those UE tips arrive soon!

There is no lack of bass IMO. There is lack of bass weight and punch but that's bout it.

Aug 14, 2007 at 5:06 PM Post #777 of 1,031
Quote:

Originally Posted by souperman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yes, indeed, but when people were whining and crying about the X3's, I could only turn to the great customer service Jaben has, and brought it up

I actually got a replacement pair this week. I had bought 2 pairs already but the older (about 1 month use, very light use at-work) was unglued (I described the incident in a previous post). I kinda complained to Jaben about the assembly quality (definitely weak glue that could have meant broken wires if I hadn't noticed it before) and they sent me a replacement (I didn't even ask for it).

I now have 3 pairs. The little X3 are still very pleasant and I love the clarity. They lack a bit of bass punch, for my taste, and the build quality appears to be a bit too fragile for users who jog with their IEMs or do more active commuting... That's my only problem.

I'm hoping that with 3 pairs and very "careful" use with no mechanical stress, these will last a long time.

Aug 14, 2007 at 6:01 PM Post #778 of 1,031
I just got mine in today (X3). These are my first IEM earphones. They sound really nice, but I am finding getting them in my ear is a bit awkward. I had to switch to the smaller size...thingys? I don't know what the proper term for those silicon tips.
Also, I guess I am not used to these things yet, because they don't feel very comfortable to me. I hope to get used to them though because they sound great.

Aug 14, 2007 at 6:22 PM Post #779 of 1,031
Quote:

Originally Posted by ihaveworms /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I had to switch to the smaller size...thingys? I don't know what the proper term for those silicon [size=small]tips[/size].

Yes you do.
wink.gif

P.S. "Sleeves" works too.
cool.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back