CrossRoads MylarOne X3, XB, and Classic Owners Club
Aug 16, 2007 at 3:44 PM Post #796 of 1,031
Quote:

Originally Posted by souperman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
BTW guys, I have an XB up for sale for anybody who is interested in one. Just look at the link in my profile. It's completely new and it's cheaper than Jaben, and will arrive to you faster. I just don't need two pairs ATM lol.

bro..dont like the xb sound? go for sales so fast..

but if u get it proper amped, sound superb

Aug 16, 2007 at 3:51 PM Post #797 of 1,031
Quote:

Originally Posted by yuheng /img/forum/go_quote.gif
bro..dont like the xb sound? go for sales so fast..

but if u get it proper amped, sound superb

Nah....in fact I actually love them. I am trying to recover from buying PK1's, and I have two pairs.

Here's my review, since I finally got to listen to them.

These XB's are WONDERFUL. In fact I think I like them more than the X3's. The XB's have a fuller bass, and just a warmer sound signature in general. I think I found my new favorite canalphone. It lacks a bit of clarity as compared to the X3 of course, but not by much if at all. Seriously, I'm not trying to plug my sales or anything, but for everyone who feels that the X3's are lacking for them in the bass department, the XB's will do wonderful things for you.

Aug 16, 2007 at 4:01 PM Post #798 of 1,031
Quote:

Nah....in fact I actually love them. I am trying to recover from buying PK1's, and I have two pairs.

Here's my review, since I finally got to listen to them.

These XB's are WONDERFUL. In fact I think I like them more than the X3's. The XB's have a fuller bass, and just a warmer sound signature in general. I think I found my new favorite canalphone. It lacks a bit of clarity as compared to the X3 of course, but not by much if at all. Seriously, I'm not trying to plug my sales or anything, but for everyone who feels that the X3's are lacking for them in the bass department, the XB's will do wonderful things for you.

yeah...i m fully agree with u, and guys, as for greater potentials, u should really try bx, the potential after a decent amps is amazing.

Aug 16, 2007 at 4:08 PM Post #799 of 1,031
wow im hearing details even more from my X3, the sibilant highs before, now its gone and high is smooth, a little rolled off i think, bass has impact depends on the song, sometimes its there, sometimes its gone..
confused.gif

Aug 16, 2007 at 4:27 PM Post #800 of 1,031
Quote:

BTW guys, I have an XB up for sale for anybody who is interested in one. Just look at the link in my profile. It's completely new and it's cheaper than Jaben, and will arrive to you faster. I just don't need two pairs ATM lol.

XB only has blue and red color? No black and silver ring?

Aug 16, 2007 at 5:27 PM Post #801 of 1,031
Wow, you might sell the RP21s for the X3s. I'm amazed. I have the RP21s and owned the X3s, and while I can certainly understand the difference if portability is what you need, my experience is the X3s aren't close to the RP21s SQ-wise. Goes to show you how we all react differently to headphone SQ/signature. I sold my X3s to make room for Atrio M5s and PK1s, which gives me a great trio of relatively low-cost, high-quality headphones for all occasions (RP21, M5 and PK1). Notice, no canal phones in the group, but I have a pair of Bose IEs someone gave me (not horrible if I boost the highs via EQ) and Ksc75s if I need them as canal phone substitures. Anyway, an interesting decision. When I saw your RP21s posts, I didn't figure them as your portable cans.

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigAmish /img/forum/go_quote.gif
There is a very good chance that at least one of the UE tip styles will improve your listening experience by a significant margin. Be sure to let us know how the new tips work out!

I felt much the same way. Then I purchased a pair of JVC Marshmallows for use when travelling by bus/plane on a recent vacation because I didn't want to lug around my RP-21s. My IEM/canal phone experience was so positive that, since I purchased my vastly superior X3s (superior to the Marshmallows at least), & I am now seriously considering selling my beloved RP-21s. The RP-21s are great cans, but the X3 sound quality is almost as good (to my ears), isolate better, and are much more portable. I am looking at the LiveWires as a possible future upgrade, but that will be a long while off yet.

Aug 16, 2007 at 5:42 PM Post #802 of 1,031
Quote:

Originally Posted by kite7 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
XB only has blue and red color? No black and silver ring?

Only the one color combo for the time being, although Uncle Wilson has said more colors are planned.

Quote:

Originally Posted by souperman

So you don't find the bass too overdone or boomy? It doesn't suppress the other frequencies?

One thing I appreciate about the X3 is its ability to project detail in the mids and highs without resorting to harshness (Despite the findings of folks like dfkt, I find them much less fatiguing than a slew of competing canalphones) -- How do the XBs perform with regards to harshness and sibilance?

Aug 16, 2007 at 6:31 PM Post #803 of 1,031
Quote:

Originally Posted by epithetless /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Only the one color combo for the time being, although Uncle Wilson has said more colors are planned.

So you don't find the bass too overdone or boomy? It doesn't suppress the other frequencies?

One thing I appreciate about the X3 is its ability to project detail in the mids and highs without resorting to harshness (Despite the findings of folks like dfkt, I find them much less fatiguing than a slew of competing canalphones) -- How do the XBs perform with regards to harshness and sibilance?

The XB's have no harshness or sibilance at all. It has a very very warm sound signature, and is not fatiguing in ANY way. It's much easier to listen to than the X3's IMO. I feel like the XB's aren't getting the attention they deserve. Many just suggest the X3's over the XB's without ever hearing the XB's before (I myself am guilty of this as well). I have fully changed my mind, and the XB's are THE canalphones to beat at the price.

Aug 16, 2007 at 7:08 PM Post #804 of 1,031
Quote:

The XB's have no harshness or sibilance at all. It has a very very warm sound signature, and is not fatiguing in ANY way. It's much easier to listen to than the X3's IMO. I feel like the XB's aren't getting the attention they deserve. Many just suggest the X3's over the XB's without ever hearing the XB's before (I myself am guilty of this as well). I have fully changed my mind, and the XB's are THE canalphones to beat at the price.

Very high praise. Thanks, souperman. Let's see if I can hold out for the new color schemes...

Aug 16, 2007 at 9:21 PM Post #805 of 1,031
Quote:

Originally Posted by tstarn06 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wow, you might sell the RP21s for the X3s. I'm amazed. I have the RP21s and owned the X3s, and while I can certainly understand the difference if portability is what you need, my experience is the X3s aren't close to the RP21s SQ-wise.

In my previous post I should have clarified my position a little more clearly as I can see that I made it sound like the RP-21s & X3s are near equals based on pure sound quality alone. That wasn't what I *really* meant...but I certainly made it sound that way.

What I *should* have said was that I purchased my RP-21s to isolate outside noise & while retaining good sound quality. Sadly, I found the isolation ability of the RP-21s somewhat lacking (or at least not adequate for my needs), to the point where leaked noise would interfere with my listening experience. The X3s, although not as sonically sweet as the RP21s in quiet environments, isolate much better (IMHO). When this is factored in, I found myself enjoying my X3s more because my overall listening experience was much better in noisy situations, or where portability is key. If my listening environment isn't noisy, I go to my MS-1s by default. The result is that my RP-21s are getting a bit dusty from lack of use!

Hope I clarified things a bit. Sorry for the confusion! Hopefully my updated ramblings make a certain amount of logical sense now.

Aug 16, 2007 at 9:40 PM Post #806 of 1,031
Quote:

In my previous post I should have clarified my position a little more clearly as I can see that I made it sound like the RP-21s & X3s are near equals based on pure sound quality alone. That wasn't what I *really* meant...but I certainly made it sound that way.

What I *should* have said was that I purchased my RP-21s to isolate outside noise & while retaining good sound quality. Sadly, I found the isolation ability of the RP-21s somewhat lacking (or at least not adequate for my needs), to the point where leaked noise would interfere with my listening experience. The X3s, although not as sonically sweet as the RP21s in quiet environments, isolate much better (IMHO). When this is factored in, I found myself enjoying my X3s more because my overall listening experience was much better in noisy situations, or where portability is key. If my listening environment isn't noisy, I go to my MS-1s by default. The result is that my RP-21s are getting a bit dusty from lack of use!

Hope I clarified things a bit. Sorry for the confusion! Hopefully my updated ramblings make a certain amount of logical sense now.

Perfect sense. Now, think about trading those X3s in for a pair of Atrio M5s, for iso and even better sound. Just kidding. Sure the X3s are fine. And The Atrios are $140 shipped, minimum.

Aug 16, 2007 at 9:48 PM Post #807 of 1,031
Quote:

Originally Posted by tstarn06 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Now, think about trading those X3s in for a pair of Atrio M5s, for iso and even better sound. Just kidding.

Heh...funny you should say that as the Atrios are one of my wishlist possibilities (see my sig). However, I am considering biting the bullet (when I get a $$$ influx) and jumping straight into a set of custom LiveWires as I am apparently somewhat of an isolation junkie! I'll ride the X3s for at least another year...or until the left driver breaks!
tongue.gif
We'll see...

Aug 16, 2007 at 10:45 PM Post #808 of 1,031
Quote:

Heh...funny you should say that as the Atrios are one of my wishlist possibilities (see my sig). However, I am considering biting the bullet (when I get a $$$ influx) and jumping straight into a set of custom LiveWires as I am apparently somewhat of an isolation junkie! I'll ride the X3s for at least another year...or until the left driver breaks!
tongue.gif
We'll see...

I hear you. I just worry about spending on customs and having fit issues, though it's probably rare. As I said in another thread, I do have custom sleeves for the Atrios (from the old EM3s), but they don't sound as good as foamies - they put the end of the sound shaft too far from my ears. A waste of $185, though I realize it's not the same as custom phones. Anyway, good luck with the X3s. Mine were lightly used, so no quality issues.

Aug 17, 2007 at 8:38 AM Post #809 of 1,031
Well, now I'm really confused - my X3s are sounding terrible. The Etymotic tips initially sounded good (as did the UE foamies) but last night, listening to Sibelius, the X3 sounded like an old Victrola playing in the next room. I tried some other music, but nada. So awful that I pulled out my old
E2c & guess what? They sounded full, alive, detailed & enjoyable - exactly what was missing from my Mylars. And here's me writing off the Shures only a few days ago...

Beginning to think it's my ears, & nothin' to do with the phones (my ER6 are sounding pretty bad too - that could be wax)...

Headphones - sheesh
wink.gif

Aug 17, 2007 at 4:56 PM Post #810 of 1,031
Time to use that Q-tip maybe?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back