CrossRoads MylarOne X3, XB, and Classic Owners Club
Aug 4, 2007 at 12:37 AM Post #691 of 1,031
I got a used pair off the FS forum and a now waiting for the arrival! I must admit, I am a bit concerned over the quality issues people have mentioned. I am very reassured by the service in which Jaben provides though. I myself work in Quality Assurance. It is not always possible to nail down every defect until the end user has the product. Sometimes only the big quantities will show a particular defect with extended use. In my experience, the response to the problem is usually more important then the problem that was encountered, and this is something Jaben seems to excel at.

My only concern is if Jaben will cover me even though I've purchased 2nd hand, or does he require a proof of purchase? I'm positive this hasn't been addressed in this thread, as I just read all 35 pages
smily_headphones1.gif

Regardless, I'm looking forward to my first real IEM / ECH. Now off to order the UE Universal Kit (see, not everyone asks the same questions over and over again!)
very_evil_smiley.gif

Aug 4, 2007 at 2:39 AM Post #692 of 1,031
Let me tell you this, so far the only available source for MylarOnes is Jaben. Proof of purchase should not be that important. If it broke and you're sure it's not your fault, just contact them. If they require you to ship back the faulty phones, that's still reasonable IMO.

Aug 4, 2007 at 1:37 PM Post #694 of 1,031
Quote:

Originally Posted by Krohn /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have no problem paying a few bucks for shipping them back. I'll just see how it goes and enjoy them when they arrive. I'm excited!

Don't blame you -these things are superb! I got mine throught the FS forum too & they've been perfect.
Welcome to the club!

Worrying about all these failures (mine are faultless, thankfully) but in terms of customer service, it doesn't look like you could deal with a better company than Jaben. Wilson seems to be The Man! Or, with David, The Men, LOL...

Aug 4, 2007 at 3:09 PM Post #695 of 1,031
Quote:

Originally Posted by steviebee /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Don't blame you -these things are superb! I got mine throught the FS forum too & they've been perfect.
Welcome to the club!

Worrying about all these failures (mine are faultless, thankfully) but in terms of customer service, it doesn't look like you could deal with a better company than Jaben. Wilson seems to be The Man! Or, with David, The Men, LOL...

From everything I've read in this thread, you're probably right. I always look for customer service as a big factor when I purchase things. Now I just wish they would arrive!
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 4, 2007 at 3:24 PM Post #696 of 1,031
I just plugged my X3s for a little listen last night (haven't really used them much since I haven't really traveled anywhere) and, man, are these just a joy to listen too? I don't know what it is but they are just a lot of fun to listen to out of my Zune. Its not that they are perfectly linear, they roll off at the top end pretty fast even though they are pretty detailed, but they just really get you to enjoy the music. This is with both rock and jazz.

Aug 4, 2007 at 3:28 PM Post #697 of 1,031
just got the XB over the X3. the bass won me over.

am very glad that for this price, you get such good sound. i also tested the shure e2c and weston um1 but in the end, decided on the XB.

only complain is the box and casing.. red paper box. red casing. o.O

Aug 4, 2007 at 6:20 PM Post #698 of 1,031
Just how much bass is there of the XB over the X3?

Quote:

Originally Posted by runaway /img/forum/go_quote.gif
just got the XB over the X3. the bass won me over.

am very glad that for this price, you get such good sound. i also tested the shure e2c and weston um1 but in the end, decided on the XB.

only complain is the box and casing.. red paper box. red casing. o.O

Aug 4, 2007 at 6:43 PM Post #701 of 1,031
Quote:

Originally Posted by wiseman405 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I dont rate the threes at all...They distort. And bass is pant
frown.gif

Hi!
What source do you have? What quality of encoding are you using?

I once used a very cheap mp3 player that had the characteristics you are saying.

Per the quantity of replies here, the conscensus is the X3 are ++OK ++.

Aug 4, 2007 at 8:32 PM Post #702 of 1,031
Quote:

Originally Posted by wiseman405 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I dont rate the threes at all...They distort. And bass is pant
frown.gif

Clarify please!
blink.gif

Aug 5, 2007 at 3:37 AM Post #705 of 1,031
Has anyone done a comparison of the XBs and DTX50 yet? I'm curious as to which of these two bass-monsters is the better sounding one. I know bisco has mentioned that the DTX50 is much more fun sounding. Anyone else concur?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back