CrossRoads MylarOne X3, XB, and Classic Owners Club
Jul 30, 2007 at 1:04 AM Post #646 of 1,031
i'm going to get the Black UE tips from idealsound as well..They accept off ebay transactions too, just email them. The foams just don't look good in my opinion
wink.gif

Jul 30, 2007 at 6:02 AM Post #649 of 1,031
yes but the comparison question was between the x3 and pk2

Jul 30, 2007 at 6:07 AM Post #650 of 1,031
I have owned both the X3 and Er6i... I will say that the ER6i is still a much better choice for long noisey commuting like airplanes or train rides, subways, etc. They seal and block out substantially more and are at their best in that environment. The X3 is much more comfortable as it isnt crammed in your ear like the Ety's. In terms of sound, the ETY's are a bit more clinical, and take some getting used to, while the X3 will have a more enjoyable, musical sound out of the packaging and really dont require much burn in... in fact if you have read my posts, and some others feel this way too... that the best, fullest sound you will get out of the x3 is straight out of the box. I think that both have their advantages, depends what you would be using them for. Both sound good for the price, but both have the same weakness, relatively thin bass. If you buy the x3 with the dtx50, you will have a great set for wide soundstage and detail with the x3, and one for knocking thumping bass with the DTX50 ( a great overall performer when you get over the initial bass boom and adjust to their sound)

Jul 30, 2007 at 1:59 PM Post #652 of 1,031
Does the XB suffer too from this phenomenon?

Jul 30, 2007 at 4:10 PM Post #653 of 1,031
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bisco82 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have owned both the X3 and Er6i... I will say that the ER6i is still a much better choice for long noisey commuting like airplanes or train rides, subways, etc. They seal and block out substantially more and are at their best in that environment. The X3 is much more comfortable as it isnt crammed in your ear like the Ety's. In terms of sound, the ETY's are a bit more clinical, and take some getting used to, while the X3 will have a more enjoyable, musical sound out of the packaging and really dont require much burn in... in fact if you have read my posts, and some others feel this way too... that the best, fullest sound you will get out of the x3 is straight out of the box. I think that both have their advantages, depends what you would be using them for. Both sound good for the price, but both have the same weakness, relatively thin bass. If you buy the x3 with the dtx50, you will have a great set for wide soundstage and detail with the x3, and one for knocking thumping bass with the DTX50 ( a great overall performer when you get over the initial bass boom and adjust to their sound)

after hearing what you have to say, I think i've made the perfect choice. I don't care too much about bass (listen to asian pop mainly, then some english r&b/soul, and then a little bit of everything except instrumental and country). I'm looking for something comfy and ive had these flex sleeve earphones before. I'm never tried IEM's like etys before so i don't know if I'll feel comfy in them or not..but I guess the x3's are best for me because i take the bus most days (on weekdays) and i'd like to be able to hear someone talking beside me or also hear kinda whats going on when i get off (traffic..don't wanna get run over). I don't take train, airplane and such so that's no problem.
I guess ill just play all the linkin park at the beginning and then enjoy my pop as the bass decreases, hehe.
600smile.gif

Jul 30, 2007 at 4:19 PM Post #654 of 1,031
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bisco82 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
yes but the comparison question was between the x3 and pk2

What...did you read his question? pk2 (even pk3). I've only heard the pk3's so that's what I was giving my opinion on. I was telling him not to even worry about the pk3's.

Jul 30, 2007 at 4:44 PM Post #655 of 1,031
Quote:

Originally Posted by souperman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What...did you read his question? pk2 (even pk3). I've only heard the pk3's so that's what I was giving my opinion on. I was telling him not to even worry about the pk3's.

Haha..ooops.. Noted.

Jul 31, 2007 at 4:24 AM Post #657 of 1,031
Quote:

Originally Posted by deep_splash /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Any comparisons for x3 vs yuin pk2 (even pk3) vs Etymotic er6i???

Since the pk2 vs x3s question hasn't been answered yet, I can tell you that I've owned both x3s and pk2s but at different times, so I'll only tell the things that wer obvious to me.

I remember the PK2 to have superior mids, soundstage and better clarity. But there is something lacking in the bottom end. The bass is tighter and not slow but there isn't much of it at all. The highs also slightly lacking but combined with the beautiful mids, it was still a surreal listening experience to me.

The X3s has less flaws but less magic also, but as a canalphone they are a real bang for the buck. I think the X3s is a better choice for portable because of the added isolation. The PK2s has to be listened in quiet condition.

Hope that helps.

Jul 31, 2007 at 4:26 AM Post #658 of 1,031
Quote:

Originally Posted by souperman /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Don't really agree on the PK3-X3 comparison. The PK3s sound great and hold up against the X3s. Ear buds may have limits, but the PK3s are on par with the X3s SQ-wise in my view. Just stating my view on the issue at hand, representing the other side, so to speak. Same with PK2S, and I have owned both (PK2 and still have the threes, and find them to be a fine listening experience, for the money or otherwise).

Jul 31, 2007 at 5:30 AM Post #660 of 1,031
Quote:

Originally Posted by tstarn06 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Don't really agree on the PK3-X3 comparison. The PK3s sound great and hold up against the X3s. Ear buds may have limits, but the PK3s are on par with the X3s SQ-wise in my view. Just stating my view on the issue at hand, representing the other side, so to speak. Same with PK2S, and I have owned both (PK2 and still have the threes, and find them to be a fine listening experience, for the money or otherwise).

Just to clear up my opinion, I believe the X3's are better than the PK3's because they have much more detail. Also, the X3's scale up with amping. Pk3's get little or no help from an amp. PK2's of course I believe are on par with the X3's, but definitely not the Pk3's. Although I love my little Pk3's, the sound is much less detailed. Don't hesitate getting the Pk3's and the X3's though :p.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back