CrossRoads MylarOne X3, XB, and Classic Owners Club
Jul 12, 2007 at 7:36 PM Post #436 of 1,031
Quote:

Originally Posted by DoomzDayz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm currently at a university for the summer and I've heard reports of needing to be home and sign for the package. If it is delivered at the university, there is no way I can personally sign it. Will I be able to get it or should I just wait 3 weeks till I move back home?

Well, at UC Berkeley, the people who takes care of packages signs it, so if you have a mail room with a clerk, it should be ok. Go ahead and order it! You don't have to personally sign it. Hope this helps!

Jul 12, 2007 at 9:04 PM Post #437 of 1,031
add me to the owners club!!! My crossroads x3 and beyer dtx50 came in the mail about 5 minutes ago! Wow straight out of the box, the x3 sound better! I just had to take the flier on the beyer's too. The bundle was hard to pass up!

Rob

Jul 12, 2007 at 9:05 PM Post #438 of 1,031
FYI it took exactly 15 days to arrive to my door in Las Cruces, NM from the date that these left singapore on the tracking info. Great estimate!

Jul 12, 2007 at 11:23 PM Post #440 of 1,031
Q-mmm, how significant is the increase in SQ amped?

A-I think the Mylar 3's work well straight out of most DAP's with minimal improvement due to their high efficiency. I only use an external portable amp with low efficiency IEM's like my Altec IM716's.

Jul 13, 2007 at 12:22 AM Post #441 of 1,031
Quote:

Originally Posted by tbonner1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Q-mmm, how significant is the increase in SQ amped?

A-I think the Mylar 3's work well straight out of most DAP's with minimal improvement due to their high efficiency. I only use an external portable amp with low efficiency IEM's like my Altec IM716's.

I actually found that the X3's improved a lot when amped.

Jul 13, 2007 at 12:37 AM Post #442 of 1,031
im checkin in on behalf of my gf! i bought her a pair as a surprise a week ago...how i wish they were mine! however, quite amazingly, she finds that the stock small tips r too big for one ear! shes realli had to ram it in...any solutions?

Jul 13, 2007 at 3:38 AM Post #444 of 1,031
Would you guys know if the these comply tips fit the x3?
http://earplugstore.stores.yahoo.net/cofotipeco1p.html

Im liking the sound out of the sony tips, but im searching for a more comfy fit as the silicon irritates my inner ear if worn for a long time. Im choosing between UE faomies, e2c foamies, and these ones.

Jul 13, 2007 at 4:35 AM Post #447 of 1,031
I received my X3s (all black w/ silver band) today. They seem a bit murky in sound, recessed mids to upper mids with some high frequency boost (some cymbals are very clear and stick out too much and some in the recessed area fades into the background, a bit odd sounding), but I'll break them in and see how much this changes. The bass seems quite full though, but sloppy. Unfortunately when I tried to insert it in my ear, the right headphone fell apart. I'm applying some super glue. I didn't quite expect that to happen. I sent an e-mail to Wilson and asked if I should return them or just hang on to see what happens.

Jul 13, 2007 at 4:56 AM Post #448 of 1,031
Quote:

Originally Posted by holland /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I received my X3s (all black w/ silver band) today. They seem a bit murky in sound, recessed mids to upper mids with some high frequency boost (some cymbals are very clear and stick out too much and some in the recessed area fades into the background, a bit odd sounding), but I'll break them in and see how much this changes. The bass seems quite full though, but sloppy. Unfortunately when I tried to insert it in my ear, the right headphone fell apart. I'm applying some super glue. I didn't quite expect that to happen. I sent an e-mail to Wilson and asked if I should return them or just hang on to see what happens.

wow. seems like you got a pretty crappy one.

Jul 13, 2007 at 2:19 PM Post #449 of 1,031
Got mine today , just listening to some Paramore on them , sounding great
biggrin.gif

Jul 13, 2007 at 2:52 PM Post #450 of 1,031
i've receive my X3 today, am confused, i can hardly feel the bass, can this problem solved by burning in, or i'm not plugging it right to my ear?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back