CrossRoads MylarOne X3, XB, and Classic Owners Club
Jul 13, 2007 at 3:16 PM Post #451 of 1,031
Just asking, which tips are you using? I think the bass performance is heavily dependent on the tips. Mine with the stock tips is quite bass light. Get as much isolation as you possibly can. Don't forget to burn them in too.

Even then, the bass coming out from most canalphones has somewhat a different flavor from headphones, so it might just not suit your taste. Still, the X3s with the right tips has a healthy amount of bass compared to other canalphones.

Hope this helps.

Jul 13, 2007 at 3:31 PM Post #452 of 1,031
How many hours are you guys burning them in ? I'm loving these
biggrin.gif
Everything sounds so balanced even though my ears are different shapes .

Jul 13, 2007 at 3:36 PM Post #453 of 1,031
Mine had only a few hours on them (got them used) so it didn't take too long, a matter of two or three hours to have them shine (or me to adjust)...then I just played music on em, and played, and played....

Different shaped ears? Like {- _-) ? j/k
biggrin.gif

Jul 13, 2007 at 3:50 PM Post #454 of 1,031
I don't own them... yet but I'm pretty interested in these after all the great reviews by everyone, but I just wanted to know how these compare to the Alessandro MS-1s. I know they're different types of headphones but how does the sound compare?

Jul 13, 2007 at 4:23 PM Post #455 of 1,031
Quote:

Originally Posted by steviebee /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Mine had only a few hours on them (got them used) so it didn't take too long, a matter of two or three hours to have them shine (or me to adjust)...then I just played music on em, and played, and played....

Different shaped ears? Like {- _-) ? j/k
biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif
No , i don't think they're the same shape inside (possible sleeping with V moda's lodged in my ear
eek.gif
)

Jul 13, 2007 at 7:16 PM Post #459 of 1,031
Quote:

Originally Posted by souperman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well said!

Very Very well said
biggrin.gif

Seriously loving these , but it could be that i've been using my ipod buds all day and the battery's gone on my ipod
frown.gif

Jul 13, 2007 at 7:55 PM Post #460 of 1,031
I really like that they are so non fatiguing, but for some tracks, the bass is very light, but always present... It takes a bit of getting used to, but overall a great sound/price ratio!

Jul 13, 2007 at 9:25 PM Post #462 of 1,031
x3's light on the bass? uhhhh
blink.gif

Not the ones I have, they offer perfect bass. (and I'm an X DT 770/current k81dj user).

Jul 13, 2007 at 10:01 PM Post #463 of 1,031
I wouldn't say perfect bass. There's a bit too much mid-bass, IMO, that darkens the sound too much. I use the K81DJ currently, and the DT990. What is a good offset (the mids on the K81DJ and better extension on the DT990) aren't present in the X3, coupled with rolled off upper freq extension and a recessed mid to upper-mid is a bit...I don't know yet.
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back