CrossRoads MylarOne X3, XB, and Classic Owners Club
Jul 4, 2007 at 12:26 AM Post #331 of 1,031
Quote:

Originally Posted by tman1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If he made a J-cord version I would finally take the plunge and order it right now. I don't understand why some people prefer the y-cord. When walking around I often have to take one side out to answer the phone or talk to someone, and with a Y-cord you basically have to take both sides off and hold them or they fall down (pretty annoying), but with the J-cord you just pull one or both sides out and it just hangs around your neck (MUCH better).

Why don't people like them (J)? Is everyone just wearing them wrong?? (in front as opposed to around the back)

Pardon my stupidity, but what is the J cord variation? I understand "Y" when the stem of the Y is the cord and the left and right parts of the Y are the left and right earphone.

Thanks!

Jul 4, 2007 at 1:11 AM Post #333 of 1,031
Quote:

Originally Posted by Slashdot87 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Pardon my stupidity, but what is the J cord variation? I understand "Y" when the stem of the Y is the cord and the left and right parts of the Y are the left and right earphone.

Thanks!

One side is longer than the other after the split, and goes behind the neck, so that if you take them out of your ear they just hang around your neck instead of falling down like with a y cord (where both sides come up from the front).

Jul 4, 2007 at 1:12 AM Post #334 of 1,031
Quote:

When walking around I often have to take one side out to answer the phone or talk to someone, and with a Y-cord you basically have to take both sides off and hold them or they fall down (pretty annoying), but with the J-cord you just pull one or both sides out and it just hangs around your neck (MUCH better).

No problem with the CrossRoads since they come with a clip, so you simply pull out one or both and leave them hanging. I dislike the J-cord because I wind my phones around my player and it's quite a bit more troublesome to do that properly with a J-cord. Not to mention I have to adjust the J-cord repeatedly because friction often tautens the wire behind the neck - and then the right earphone pops out when I turn my head to the left. It's a horrible design in my opinion.

Jul 4, 2007 at 2:07 AM Post #335 of 1,031
Quote:

Originally Posted by creamyhorror /img/forum/go_quote.gif
...Not to mention I have to adjust the J-cord repeatedly because friction often tautens the wire behind the neck - and then the right earphone pops out when I turn my head to the left. It's a horrible design in my opinion.

I completely agree. Being able to hang the earphones over my shoulder when not in use (as tman1 mentioned) is the only benefit I've experienced with the J-cord design, and that certainly doesn't outweigh the negatives when they're in my ears (where they belong
tongue.gif
).

Jul 4, 2007 at 9:34 AM Post #336 of 1,031
So does anyone know good tips for the X3s? I've tried the stock ones (uncomfortable) and the tips from my FX33s (bassy) and im wondering what have people tried and enjoyed. I'm thinking about getting UE Double Flanges but does anyone know of good foam tips?

Jul 4, 2007 at 10:10 AM Post #337 of 1,031
I liked the J cord on my old CX300s, they're great for the gym as they don't get in the way. I think a lot of it would depend on how heavy the cable is, the cable on the X3s is heavier than the CX300s. I think I would prefer a J cord/right-angle version of the X3s.

Jul 4, 2007 at 12:44 PM Post #338 of 1,031
David isn't reponding to my mails
frown.gif

Has someone got im716?

Jul 4, 2007 at 1:03 PM Post #339 of 1,031
Quote:

Originally Posted by EsthetiX /img/forum/go_quote.gif
1 vote for "I hate J cord".

x2. If you want to put the cord behind your neck a la a J, it's no problem with Y's. Only advantage to J's I can see is that you know L & R in the dark. And I still don't like them. At least with Y's you have the option of wearing front or back...

Oh, and another vote for a R angle plug...

On tips, I've tried the UE bi's on the X3 and the CK7, and so far I can't get them to work. They just cut all bass....I must have funny canals.

The UE medium blacks are working well, as are the grey foams for the CK7.

Jul 4, 2007 at 1:44 PM Post #340 of 1,031
I like the J cord design for the convenience of hanging the buds down. Sweat isn't a problem if you keep the cord loops around your collar.
They're only good for buds or canalphones though, not proper IEMs.

Jul 4, 2007 at 2:44 PM Post #341 of 1,031
Just wondering before I buy a pack of Flanges what buds are similar in size to the UE double flanges? S M L or in between?

Jul 4, 2007 at 6:29 PM Post #342 of 1,031
Quote:

Originally Posted by steviebee /img/forum/go_quote.gif
x2. If you want to put the cord behind your neck a la a J, it's no problem with Y's. Only advantage to J's I can see is that you know L & R in the dark. And I still don't like them. At least with Y's you have the option of wearing front or back...

Oh, and another vote for a R angle plug...

On tips, I've tried the UE bi's on the X3 and the CK7, and so far I can't get them to work. They just cut all bass....I must have funny canals.

The UE medium blacks are working well, as are the grey foams for the CK7.

That works for you? I've tried that with my JBL 220s and it just doesn't work - not enough length on the cord for the opposite ear - keeps tugging.

Jul 4, 2007 at 6:49 PM Post #343 of 1,031
Quote:

That works for you? I've tried that with my JBL 220s and it just doesn't work - not enough length on the cord for the opposite ear - keeps tugging.

you have to have the cord go behind your neck and behind/under your arm too, it works out a lot better than the j cord if you're say, shooting pool.

Jul 4, 2007 at 7:09 PM Post #344 of 1,031
Quote:

Originally Posted by DoomzDayz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
you have to have the cord go behind your neck and behind/under your arm too, it works out a lot better than the j cord if you're say, shooting pool.

I'll have to try that. seems like it might be a bit awkward but I'll certainly give it a shot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back