Crossroads Mylar Three, Super.fi sound?
May 15, 2007 at 4:06 AM Post #257 of 458
Quote:

Originally Posted by c0ldasice /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've been debating on getting the M3's for the past two weeks already. Was REALLY close on buying them last night, but then I decided to look up how much UE tips would cost (I need to get the fit kit cause I personally don't know what would fit me) and it ended up coming up to $27 including shipping! So now I'm back to thinking if it's worth spending about $80 or just spend $30 more for UM1's or something within the $100 range. ARGH! Decisions!
frown.gif

If I am not wrong, it was mentioned earlier in the thread that you can get the UE fit kit from this ebay store which i think is called:iDealSound for $9 shipped or something like that. The 27 bucks is a rip-off

May 15, 2007 at 5:08 AM Post #258 of 458
Quote:

Originally Posted by leeivan86 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If I am not wrong, it was mentioned earlier in the thread that you can get the UE fit kit from this ebay store which i think is called:iDealSound for $9 shipped or something like that. The 27 bucks is a rip-off

Correct, $9 shipped if you look around. Though I don't have any other canalphones to compare them to, I'm getting about as much enjoyment out of them as my HD580s. For $60 I certainly don't have any regrets.

Earlier someone asked about GV5S with normal gain and the M3s, there isn't a problem for me. I get no hiss at all out of my Alien DAC or iPod lineout until it's at 12 'o clock. For reference, 11 'o clock is earsplitting. So they should work just fine.

May 15, 2007 at 8:19 PM Post #261 of 458
I've been listening some more with my Ipod shuffle and the rio carbon... They sound really great with both... Much better than with my meizu m6!

However, I still prefer my px100's despite their less detailed presentation... They are very comfy and relaxing while the Mylarthrees are a bit more engaging and closer sounding. I don't think their sonic signatures differ all that much.

May 15, 2007 at 9:58 PM Post #262 of 458
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ichinichi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i got ue univ. fit kit for $9 shipped.

Hi Ichinichi,

does the UE universal fit kit includes a pair of bi-flanges?

Idealsound's site indicates that a pair is included but ultimateears.com indicates otherwise.

May 15, 2007 at 10:07 PM Post #263 of 458
Quote:

Originally Posted by EEXO /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi Ichinichi,

does the UE universal fit kit includes a pair of bi-flanges?

Idealsound's site indicates that a pair is included but ultimateears.com indicates otherwise.

that'd be cool if it did. for some reason they just didn't ship mine out. RIDICULOUS!!!
wink.gif

May 17, 2007 at 7:08 PM Post #264 of 458
Got the Mylarone X3s yesterday. Been listening to them. A fantastic value indeed for $57. I can't imagine any better portable solution for under $100 if you don't listen to classical. The isolation is quite high when I used with a silicon tips from my other canalphones. Clarity and detail is really good for something under $100.

They are quite close sounding to super.fi pros from what I recall and quite fun-sounding. They are not without flaw off course. Highs are rolled off (though better than PK2s and far better than E2cs), mids are just decent (PK2s and E4cs have better mids), and the bass while very satisfying is quite muddy at times. They might not be at the level of E4c and ER4 yet in terms of detail, mids, and highs; however, these are excellent alternatives for im716s if you prefer good bass and better cable design. You might also like the PK2 sound better if you don't mind about bass and would like to have better and faster guitar rendition.

All of these might be a little to harsh for a $57 canalphones
tongue.gif

I still love these canalphones nonetheless; they are FANTASTIC for the dollar. I kind of missing the point of buying ER4s, superfipros, and E4cs for $100 more even though they are better
basshead.gif
. Still, they are off as a gift for my brother
smily_headphones1.gif
no place for them after the Etys and DT531s.

May 17, 2007 at 10:03 PM Post #265 of 458
Quote:

Originally Posted by glac1er /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Got the Mylarone X3s yesterday. Been listening to them. A fantastic value indeed for $57. I can't imagine any better portable solution for under $100 if you don't listen to classical. The isolation is quite high when I used with a silicon tips from my other canalphones. Clarity and detail is really good for something under $100.

They are quite close sounding to super.fi pros from what I recall and quite fun-sounding. They are not without flaw off course. Highs are rolled off (though better than PK2s and far better than E2cs), mids are just decent (PK2s and E4cs have better mids), and the bass while very satisfying is quite muddy at times. They might not be at the level of E4c and ER4 yet in terms of detail, mids, and highs; however, these are excellent alternatives for im716s if you prefer good bass and better cable design. You might also like the PK2 sound better if you don't mind about bass and would like to have better and faster guitar rendition.

All of these might be a little to harsh for a $57 canalphones
tongue.gif

I still love these canalphones nonetheless; they are FANTASTIC for the dollar. I kind of missing the point of buying ER4s, superfipros, and E4cs for $100 more even though they are better
basshead.gif
. Still, they are off as a gift for my brother
smily_headphones1.gif
no place for them after the Etys and DT531s.

i wasn't sent the packaging! i wish i had that box. i only have the mylarone black square box. i was sent x3's as a replacement for damaged Mylarones's.

May 17, 2007 at 11:49 PM Post #266 of 458
Ordered my M3's three days ago, they were sold out so hopefully they'll ship tomorrow cause I think they got their new shipment yesterday. I hope I get the package in that box
tongue.gif

May 18, 2007 at 6:41 AM Post #269 of 458
Quote:

Originally Posted by jinp6301 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
this is kinda OT but hows the beyer IEMs that comes with the deal on jaben?

The beyer iems that come with it are the bassy type so it is more suitable for bassheads
basshead.gif
. But overall, the mylar x3 is more balanced than the beyer iems as the strong bass of the beyer drowns out the mids a little.

May 18, 2007 at 2:13 PM Post #270 of 458
Ordered on Monday , got it today today from Jaben

stock tips are ok but not great . right now using ep-630 tips which are better . Im loving the sound right out of my ipod. less bass but a fun lively sounding iem.
With my portaphile v2 , the bass realy opens up and its tight . soundstage improves a lot. definitely worth 57 $ maybe more and a real value for money product ...
still burning in , hoping sound becomes a bit more detailed
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back