Crossroads Mylar Three, Super.fi sound?
May 13, 2007 at 9:06 AM Post #241 of 458
Quote:

Originally Posted by aussie_017 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Is the only place the X3 is available www.jaben.net?? That website seems a bit dodgey to me, no pics of their products, no details about anything that they sell.

This issue has already been brought up and answered in this thread. These are an asian-market headphone that is for the moment being distributed internationally only by Jaben, which happens to be a very well-known and respected audio store in Singapore. Many head-fi members have been there and speak very highly of it. It's a famous brick-and-mortar that happens to have started doing a little online dealing on particular models that are hard to get outside of East Asia, and I'll take that any time over a slick business that exists nowhere but a website.

May 13, 2007 at 1:18 PM Post #243 of 458
I'm using the mylar three with a Cowon D2.

Cowon D2 is a really good mp3 player. The crossroads mylarthree shines with it.
I never try with an amp though so I can't give a comparison.

May 14, 2007 at 3:00 PM Post #244 of 458
mylar three's with cowon d2 are great. i've had quick listens to m3 with ipod, ipod amp'd via headphone jack, d2 and d2 amp'd.

in terms of personal preference:

d2 amp'd >> d2 > ipod amp'd > ipod

m3's with stock small buds (awaiting ebay delivery of super.fi's): someone noted in this thread that they sit deeper
amp is c&c v2
IC is cardas hpi

AGAIN: my ipod amping was just through the gf's ipod mini via headphone jack

edit: i guess its pointless posting a preferred ordering without some qualitative impressions:

disclaimer: my main cans are heavily modded HD580s on the setup in my sig, so all my comparisons are wrt that system. my only prior experience with iems has been with year-old e4g through the same system.

impressions: on a bare ipod, m3 sounds better than the ibuds (iborly?). soundstage and detail are already present. the sound seems to only hint at what they CAN be. thats why i hooked the ipod up to the c&c v2 next. wow! loved the sound a lot more. a definitive increase in detail and air: the orchestra went from playing in a living room to playing in a small theater. instrument separation was more pronounced. very enjoyable. even more so for pop and rock. next was the d2. had to turn the volume down for these iems. pretty good sound. incremental improvement in sound from the amp'd ipod. and finally, the amp'd d2. shoot. soundstage i couldn't believe, detail i thought m3's could never get, given the prior e4g experience i had. but there it was. as previously mentioned in this thread, m3's don't necessarily NEED amping, but they sure capitalize on any amping you give 'em.

May 14, 2007 at 5:33 PM Post #245 of 458
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ichinichi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
mylar three's with cowon d2 are great. i've had quick listens to m3 with ipod, ipod amp'd via headphone jack, d2 and d2 amp'd.

in terms of personal preference:

d2 amp'd >> d2 > ipod amp'd > ipod

m3's with stock small buds (awaiting ebay delivery of super.fi's): someone noted in this thread that they sit deeper
amp is c&c v2
IC is cardas hpi

AGAIN: my ipod amping was just through the gf's ipod mini via headphone jack

edit: i guess its pointless posting a preferred ordering without some qualitative impressions:

disclaimer: my main cans are heavily modded HD580s on the setup in my sig, so all my comparisons are wrt that system. my only prior experience with iems has been with year-old e4g through the same system.

impressions: on a bare ipod, m3 sounds better than the ibuds (iborly?). soundstage and detail are already present. the sound seems to only hint at what they CAN be. thats why i hooked the ipod up to the c&c v2 next. wow! loved the sound a lot more. a definitive increase in detail and air: the orchestra went from playing in a living room to playing in a small theater. instrument separation was more pronounced. very enjoyable. even more so for pop and rock. next was the d2. had to turn the volume down for these iems. pretty good sound. incremental improvement in sound from the amp'd ipod. and finally, the amp'd d2. shoot. soundstage i couldn't believe, detail i thought m3's could never get, given the prior e4g experience i had. but there it was. as previously mentioned in this thread, m3's don't necessarily NEED amping, but they sure capitalize on any amping you give 'em.

forgot to mention the tightening up of the bass with the C&C's as well
biggrin.gif

May 14, 2007 at 5:50 PM Post #246 of 458
Oh man oh man they'll be here tomorrow or the day after... I'm so anxious!

May 14, 2007 at 6:01 PM Post #247 of 458
I've been comparing my cheapo BENQ 128mb mp3 player with my meizu, the match with my meizu is not very good, it sounds a bit strained. But I also noticed this with my px100's.... the BENQ while not the last on details sounds more analog like. The Mylarthrees are not the easiest phones to match. And walking around with an amp is not my idea of a portable setup.

I hope my repair works on the rio carbon are going to pay off!!!

May 14, 2007 at 7:54 PM Post #252 of 458
I've been debating on getting the M3's for the past two weeks already. Was REALLY close on buying them last night, but then I decided to look up how much UE tips would cost (I need to get the fit kit cause I personally don't know what would fit me) and it ended up coming up to $27 including shipping! So now I'm back to thinking if it's worth spending about $80 or just spend $30 more for UM1's or something within the $100 range. ARGH! Decisions!
frown.gif

May 14, 2007 at 7:58 PM Post #253 of 458
Quote:

Originally Posted by c0ldasice /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've been debating on getting the M3's for the past two weeks already. Was REALLY close on buying them last night, but then I decided to look up how much UE tips would cost (I need to get the fit kit cause I personally don't know what would fit me) and it ended up coming up to $27 including shipping! So now I'm back to thinking if it's worth spending about $80 or just spend $30 more for UM1's or something within the $100 range. ARGH! Decisions!
frown.gif

i got ue univ. fit kit for $9 shipped.

May 14, 2007 at 8:33 PM Post #254 of 458
MB (M2?): I continue to find the Crossroads Mylar MB (M2?) excellent for the gym, due to deep bass bias is really nice and dynamic for rock. Also my younger nephew who loves rap music and rarely is happy with any earphones seems very happy with the MB. His other favorite is the V-Moda Vibe.

M3: Today on my cross country airplane trip I mostly used my Westone UM2's with my ipod but for a half hour or so I used my Crossroads M3's. The UM2's are better in almost every respect, but the M3's are way, way good enough. That is, they get over the hurdle as far as I am concerned of being seriously good enough to enjoy and not necessarily pine for more. I was thoroughly enjoying the music with the M3's. The UM2's sound more refined and have much deeper bass, but might be perhaps a tad euphonic compared to the M3's. Anyway, I just thought I'd clarify that:
1. The M3's don't equal a $300 pair of earphones, but
2. The M3's are extremely enjoyable, and might well be all you ever need or want if money is tight, or you simply wish to place your funds elsewhere.

Art

May 14, 2007 at 10:43 PM Post #255 of 458
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ichinichi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i got ue univ. fit kit for $9 shipped.

Just bought both thanks to ya! Can't wait til they come!
etysmile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back