Crossroads Mylar Three, Super.fi sound?
May 7, 2007 at 10:11 AM Post #151 of 458
Quote:

Originally Posted by neoufo51 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I amended my post. The first review looks suspicious to me. I mean posing an IEM with a guitar, being from the exact place where the only website known to sell them is located? You guys have to be kidding me. There's too many people hyping these without giving reviews. For all we know, it could be a bunch of people who work for the company getting paid to put on a reasonable review showing these as a cheap yet miraculous alternative to pricey IEMs.

Until we see more reviews from people all around the world giving a consensus as to what kind of product we are dealing with here, I suggest that people who are prone to impulse buying just put their credit card down before hailing these as something of a bargain alternative to true performance IEMs. I realize you can only get these headphones in that area and the first people reviewing will of course be from there, but I see a bunch of people going into other threads trying to promote it as if its THE new headphone to get when most of the world hasn't even gotten their hands on it yet to compare to what we already know is superior out there.

I have added some links to impressions on it in this thread. Actually there were some impressions on it in the international head-fi meet thread. Search for the term crossroads or mylar.
Link to my post in the other thread:http://www.head-fi.org/forums/showpo...56&postcount=7
l

May 7, 2007 at 10:19 AM Post #152 of 458
neoufo51:
Headfi-ers in Singapore are the first bunch of guys who's ever heard these, and the response is overwhelming. The first batch of a few hundred units have all been sold out with people going to Jaben's everyday looking for one. Its no surprise you'll hear nothing but praise for them. Its not senseless praise either, much has been said about the poor tips included. You must understand that the head-fi scene in Singapore is based loosely around Jaben as the main supplier of equipment, thus the close affiliation. There aren't many overseas review as these are only available through one supplier, and only recently through the exposure at the headfi meet. Crossroads is a relatively new-comer to the canalphone market.
If you think you can't trust the opinion of all the Singaporean headfi-ers over here, go ask kramer. He's got both the M2 and M3 and good things to say about them.

May 7, 2007 at 10:24 AM Post #153 of 458
Can someone say whether the Mylar X3 can be used with a GoVibe V5S with regular gain? Will this cause a lot of noise? Must know before I purchase :p

May 7, 2007 at 10:46 AM Post #154 of 458
Quote:

Originally Posted by norseman8485 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
neoufo51:
Headfi-ers in Singapore are the first bunch of guys who's ever heard these, and the response is overwhelming. The first batch of a few hundred units have all been sold out with people going to Jaben's everyday looking for one. Its no surprise you'll hear nothing but praise for them. Its not senseless praise either, much has been said about the poor tips included. You must understand that the head-fi scene in Singapore is based loosely around Jaben as the main supplier of equipment, thus the close affiliation. There aren't many overseas review as these are only available through one supplier, and only recently through the exposure at the headfi meet. Crossroads is a relatively new-comer to the canalphone market.
If you think you can't trust the opinion of all the Singaporean headfi-ers over here, go ask kramer. He's got both the M2 and M3 and good things to say about them.

I already said that of course people there would have it first. I'm just advising people to wait until other people around the world get a chance to check them out first before plunking down cash for them. I see now that some trusted head-fiers have reviewed these and like them so I guess I'm starting to see that these actually could be in fact, great canalphones.

May 7, 2007 at 12:28 PM Post #155 of 458
Quote:

Originally Posted by neoufo51 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I amended my post. The first review looks suspicious to me. I mean posing an IEM with a guitar, being from the exact place where the only website known to sell them is located? You guys have to be kidding me. There's too many people hyping these without giving reviews. For all we know, it could be a bunch of people who work for the company getting paid to put on a reasonable review showing these as a cheap yet miraculous alternative to pricey IEMs.

Until we see more reviews from people all around the world giving a consensus as to what kind of product we are dealing with here, I suggest that people who are prone to impulse buying just put their credit card down before hailing these as something of a bargain alternative to true performance IEMs. I realize you can only get these headphones in that area and the first people reviewing will of course be from there, but I see a bunch of people going into other threads trying to promote it as if its THE new headphone to get when most of the world hasn't even gotten their hands on it yet to compare to what we already know is superior out there.

Well.. if you've been there then you'll know why the pictures are taken at jaben
The place is always packed with not only customers, but regulars who hangs around there. Great bunch, looking forward to the next time i see them

And about the headphones, lets just say this
I have mylarones (lower end than the x3) it takes up 90% my portable use, and i own an ES2
It doesn't sound better, but good enough unamped that i don't miss the ES2 while i'm travelling with just my zune

If the mylar 3x sounds.. say 25% better than the mylarone (waiting for mine to come)..

Well lets just say i'd be kicking myself in the head for getting customs

May 7, 2007 at 1:38 PM Post #156 of 458
Just home from holiday in Scotland... The Mylarthrees where waiting at the post office ! It's a rainy day , so good for burning-in/listening to some new headphones (just got my hd414 pads for px100 )

These Mylarthrees are really really impressive. They have a very nice balance . Smooth sweet mids and highs and a nice kick in the low-end.
People coming from px100's won't be dissapointed . The OVC t25's sound very muddy and overwarm in comparison to the mylarthrees.

I'm finally beginning to appreciate the sound coming from my Meizu m6, there's a nice soundstage and an open detailed sound but also romantic with some stuff. The sound is not as closed in as my OVC's and the JVC fx55

Isolation is fine, just good enough . Build quality is ok I think, they look a bit flimsy . I'm using the JVC tips.

This is just a first impression, after listening for 1 hour

All in all a great bargain !

Thanks Uncle Wilson
smily_headphones1.gif

PICS:
P1010099.JPG

P1010100.JPG

P1010102.JPG

P1010105.JPG

May 7, 2007 at 4:09 PM Post #159 of 458
the hype is real! they're seriously good for the $$. up to and until now, IMO my M3 is like a canal version of my AT ES7 though maybe slightly less refined in the bass and micro details resolution but they share very similiar sound sig.

the only beef i have is that the left bud driver suddenly died on me on the 2nd day. M1 has a rep for this very same problem. my local distributor has been very good about it and has since shipped me another unit which should be arriving tomorrow. other than that its serious value for the money.

May 7, 2007 at 4:43 PM Post #160 of 458
Asking again... anyone know if I can run the MylarOne X3 with a regular gain GoVibe V5S?

May 7, 2007 at 4:51 PM Post #161 of 458
Quote:

Originally Posted by maxxy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Asking again... anyone know if I can run the MylarOne X3 with a regular gain GoVibe V5S?

im gonna give a shot and tell ya it should be fine. i run mine with a GV6 lowgain (2.8db) and its fine with no hiss whatsoever.

May 7, 2007 at 4:54 PM Post #162 of 458
Well that's with low gain... I was asking about regular (I heard it hisses with IEMs)
frown.gif

May 7, 2007 at 4:58 PM Post #163 of 458
Since it looks like reliability may be an issue with these, does anyone know what the warranty is for units shipped to the US? (including whether shipping is included?)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back