Crossroads Mylar Three, Super.fi sound?
May 8, 2007 at 5:52 PM Post #181 of 458
Ugh. I'm so excited to get mine now. I'm supposed to be expecting them on the 16th...
biggrin.gif

May 8, 2007 at 6:12 PM Post #183 of 458
wow i just realized. these really improve with amping. they didn't really sound that great coming out of my ZVM despite all the EQ possibilities i tried. after i hooked it up to my C&C, the difference is huge. the bass tightens up, there is more of it and it sounds all-around better. i think these definitely depend on the source. even though the ZVM is not a crappy source, it sounds 10 times better out of my C&C box and they are just not enjoyable on my ZVM. i find that the best headphones to use with the ZVM are the EP630's. for some reason i just love the way the ZVM sounds out of the ep630's and absolutely nothing else. i don't think i'll be listening to my X3's without an amp from now on. they won't be a portable solution for me anymore
frown.gif
! (i don't carry around my amp. i use it as a home desktop amp)

May 8, 2007 at 6:29 PM Post #184 of 458
I ordered a pair of these to test out against my UM1. Whatever doesn't survive will be sold on here or given to my girlfriend depending on how I feel that day.

While I only have a cheap iBasso T1 amp I find that it improves the SQ of my UM1s a great deal. Fixes the lack of bass atleast and widens the perceived soundstage. They just overall sound better. Judging by Souperman's experiences these Mylars will give me a similar experience.

May 8, 2007 at 6:38 PM Post #185 of 458
Quote:

Originally Posted by ak40ozKevin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I ordered a pair of these to test out against my UM1. Whatever doesn't survive will be sold on here or given to my girlfriend depending on how I feel that day.

While I only have a cheap iBasso T1 amp I find that it improves the SQ of my UM1s a great deal. Fixes the lack of bass atleast and widens the perceived soundstage. They just overall sound better. Judging by Souperman's experiences these Mylars will give me a similar experience.

i would assume so

May 9, 2007 at 3:59 AM Post #187 of 458
Quote:

Originally Posted by fini /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ordered a pair last thursday and they arrived today. Before I say what I think of them I must add that I've only played them for about an hour, really don't know a lot about headphones generally and have owned a pair of shure e4's for about 8 months.

So, how do they compare to the e4's? The mylar3's seem to have more bass, though it doesn't seem to go quite as low. They're less detailed, but warmer without being too coloured. The soundstage is wider and you seem to be 'closer' to the sound (sitting in between the band rather than by the stage). For me, I think it's maybe too close, but then I'm used to the e4's. The cable is very thin and they feel night and day different from the e4s - far more flimsy and not as well made. Separation of each instrument doesn't seem as good either - this probably contributes to them being less detailed. I like the case they come in though, it seems really usable and doesn't have any pointed middle bit to worry about (unlike the case that comes with the e4's). The netting to put other tips etc in is a good idea as well.

I'm only using the stock tips at the moment, but, for the price (less than £30 - thanks poor $ at the moment
icon10.gif
) they're amazing. I'm almost considering not giving them to the gf now, who they were supposed to be a present for...

Let them burn in for about 2-3 days and you will find a difference in them. Also, as mentioned in other people's posts, they benefit a lot from amping
smily_headphones1.gif

May 9, 2007 at 4:41 AM Post #188 of 458
Seems an irony that I have not got a Mylarone X3 (or Mylar3) yet, when I am residing in Singapore.

Perhaps my mylar1 has been doing great for me, but you guys are poisoning me and making me want to fly down to Jaben, try it and buy one.

Wonder how well it synergises with an XO? Oh, my poor wallet!
cool.gif

May 9, 2007 at 5:06 AM Post #189 of 458
Quote:

Originally Posted by tristram /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Seems an irony that I have not got a Mylarone X3 (or Mylar3) yet, when I am residing in Singapore.

Perhaps my mylar1 has been doing great for me, but you guys are poisoning me and making me want to fly down to Jaben, try it and buy one.

Wonder how well it synergises with an XO? Oh, my poor wallet!
cool.gif

There is no need to resist... You know you want it
very_evil_smiley.gif
Quoting from the star wars saga: The lure of the dark side is too seductive for you to resist
evil_smiley.gif

May 9, 2007 at 2:29 PM Post #190 of 458
The Post Office left a notice on my door yesterday, and I picked up my X3s this morning. First impression: Yep, no love for the stock tips. Basslessness galore. After cycling through an assortment of alternatives, I settled on the small super.fi silicones. Very nice, balanced, non-peaky sound for a $57 canalphone with zero burn-in and no amp. I can tell already that they will not require an amp to shine (though I don't doubt one would only improve things). I'm liking 'em.
etysmile.gif
(<--Watch out Etymotics, this could become the :mylaronesmile:.)

May 10, 2007 at 3:49 AM Post #191 of 458
Got mine today in the mail and sure enough right out the box smooth midrange,
lots of detail and a lowend response that is a bit thin, don't
have much to add to the observations made by others yet other than to
add another voice to the chorus of happy cheapophiles.
wink.gif

May 10, 2007 at 4:18 AM Post #192 of 458
Its a little hard to tell by the pics, but how big are they? Could anyone put them next to other iems/canalphones like vibes or ep630s? Thanks
These look very tempting for the price. I have um1s and ep630s already but im sure i can find a use for them.

May 10, 2007 at 4:49 AM Post #194 of 458
Quote:

Originally Posted by kite7 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Can anyone compare the X3's vs im716/im616?

I think theory_87 also have im716. Since he already said the X3 are only second to his triple.fi 10 Pro, i think we can assume he prefer X3 over im716?

But i'd also like to hear his actual opinion between these phones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back