Crossroads Mylar Three, Super.fi sound?
May 3, 2007 at 12:34 AM Post #106 of 458
After careful deliberation I sold my EB's yesterday. The M3's are sounding better each day so there's no point in keeping the EB's. Let's hope the build quality holds out. Good thing the shop is around the corner
wink.gif
. Can anyone recommend an amp to go with these?

May 3, 2007 at 3:50 AM Post #108 of 458
Do these earphones (mylar3/1) go deep in the ear, like IEM's? Or more like cx300 canalphones? I am thinking about getting a pair of these but I can't handle the pressure in the ear from IEM's.

May 3, 2007 at 3:56 AM Post #109 of 458
Yes they are IEM's and go into your ear but are designed to be comfortable....

btw, nobody has done any comparison of these to the Future Sonics Artrio M5?? Does anybody have both and can compare briefly?

May 3, 2007 at 3:57 AM Post #110 of 458
They fit like canalphones. If you want to improve the fit, you can use tips from other brands as metioned in this thread or UE biflangesif you need to go deeper in the ear. Personal preference
wink.gif

May 3, 2007 at 6:38 AM Post #113 of 458
Depends what type of service is used. Normal air parcel takes about 6-10 days while express parcel with tracking takes about 3-4 days.

May 3, 2007 at 6:54 AM Post #115 of 458
Thats a conservative estimate. But judging from the estimated time, it should be by normal air parcel.

May 3, 2007 at 9:07 AM Post #116 of 458
Through the tracking number they sent me I can tell you this.
Ordered online April 19 sent on the 23rd and it arrived in
Vancouver May the 2nd and I expect that it wil take a few
days to get to me. I imagine that Calfornia would be about
the same speed.

May 3, 2007 at 1:00 PM Post #117 of 458
Quote:

Originally Posted by JadeEast /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Through the tracking number they sent me I can tell you this.
Ordered online April 19 sent on the 23rd and it arrived in
Vancouver May the 2nd and I expect that it wil take a few
days to get to me. I imagine that Calfornia would be about
the same speed.

holy! 9 days just to make it to the westcoast??! i'm in the midwest, and my shipment is en route to JFK (NYC) as of May 2...my god, i'm not gonna see these babies for weeks!
frown.gif

but the tracking site they gave me said that tracking numbers to overseas only track up until the package leaves singapore and no further. how can you know when it got to vancouver? (go nucks!)

May 3, 2007 at 3:00 PM Post #118 of 458
Quote:

Originally Posted by c001m4n /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Do these earphones (mylar3/1) go deep in the ear, like IEM's? Or more like cx300 canalphones? I am thinking about getting a pair of these but I can't handle the pressure in the ear from IEM's.

I think it depends on what tips you use. IMHO they do not need to go very deep to obtain a good seal. But thats with MDR-EX51/90 tips and UE super-Fi tips. I prefer the super-fi tips, I think they isolate slightly better than the MDR-EX ones.

A word of caution on the M3, insert them VERY slowly into your ear. On my pair if I insert them too fast I can hear the driver flexing and compressing from the pressure. I do not know if this has any adverse affect on them, but it can be a little alarming at first.

They a re really good sounding phones though

May 3, 2007 at 5:21 PM Post #120 of 458
Well, I got mine today. At least I believe these are the Mylarone X3s. Originally I ordered the plain old Mylarones, but they were out of stock, so the good people at Jaben sent me the Mylarone X3s instead. They were shipped last week, monday or tuesday, and I think they were at the local post office yesterday, so fast enough for me.

One thing disappoints me, though: there was no cable manager in the package. A nice, red, zippered carrying case was provided, though. Oh well, I'll think of something.

Right out of the package these sound _very_ nice. They need to be pushed quite deep, though, even with the Sony tips. Isolation is decent, and they are comfortable enough. The sound is really, really nice. There actually is a soundstage, the sound is not as much "in your head" as with other canalphones and IEMs. The bass is not overwhelming, yet solid, mids are smooth and I believe the slight edge of the highs goes away with use.

Perhaps I'll keep the EP-630s as my workout phone, these are way too nice to be used for that.

After going through literally dozen different canalphones I can safely say these are way better than any of the phones I've tested in this short period of time. Bang for buck ratio is very high. Finally I'm happy with what I bought
icon10.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back