Crossroads Mylar Three, Super.fi sound?
Apr 28, 2007 at 8:59 PM Post #76 of 458
Quote:

Originally Posted by Xsparc7 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Quote:

Originally Posted by epithetless
Before the "buy it now! buy it now!" voices drown out all reason, could you MylarThree/MylarOne X3 owners comment on how they handle sibilance? As great as some headphones sound otherwise, sibilance yanks me out of my musical bliss like nothing else.

Yeah.. it's there!! But I do pray hard that it will go away as time goes by. It has only been only 7 hours..

Hm, well, I guess I'll get to hear for myself...The voices won out and I placed an order a few days ago.
etysmile.gif

Apr 28, 2007 at 9:27 PM Post #77 of 458
Oh great epithetless, I'd love to hear your thoughts on them when you get them. You, unlike me, have a lot of similarly priced headphones to compare them to.

Headphones you can try out in most stores before you buy them, IEMs on the other hand are trickier. You might be able to borrow a pair from a friend if you're lucky enough to have audiophiles in your area, but otherwise you're reliant on impressions from others. Quite the predicament for me since I'd rate my portable rig as at least equally important as my home rig.

Apr 29, 2007 at 6:21 AM Post #79 of 458
Enjoy your mylar3s. I am sure you won't regret it for its performance. From my experience, the drivers need a few tracks to "warm up" first and then it will sound better
wink.gif

Apr 29, 2007 at 8:18 AM Post #81 of 458
So... you guys think that it'd be worth selling my Super.fi 3 Studio's over?
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 30, 2007 at 8:54 AM Post #82 of 458
Quote:

Originally Posted by iPatcH /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So... you guys think that it'd be worth selling my Super.fi 3 Studio's over?
smily_headphones1.gif

IMHO I would say yes. But your ears are the best judge. So I suggest getting it first to try out and if you do not like it later, you can sell it off
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 30, 2007 at 9:12 AM Post #83 of 458
I'm seriously considering it. From the sounds of it, UE tips fit them just fine. Will I need them to get the best possible seal/isolation?

May 1, 2007 at 2:28 AM Post #84 of 458
It depends on the structure of your ears. Some people can get a good fit with the stock tips, some with other brands, some with UE tips and some use biflanges.YMMV.

May 1, 2007 at 9:30 AM Post #85 of 458
Ok, got my mylar3s yesterday. Initial impressions are:

The seal SUCKS. I can't get a decent seal with any of the included tips, my ear channals are pretty narrow though...

But even though they are on the verge of falling out of my ears they still sound very very good although lacking in bass quantity because of the nonexistant seal. Definitely a lot of potential here. I'll update when I can get some proper tips.

So can those with mylar3s confirm which tips works?

Kramer said Sony tips for MDR EX 51/71 and 90 should work, so these should do the trick I guess, correct me if I'm wrong: http://www.audiocubes.com/category/H...X70SL_EX5.html

Any other tips that work or anywhere cheaper to buy from? (10 +10 for shipping to Sweden)

May 1, 2007 at 10:21 AM Post #86 of 458
Hah! As luck would have it, a friend has a pair of Sonys. He lost his medium tips so we traded, his small sony tips for my crossroads medium.

The sony tips seem to be made out of a different kind of material although the shape and size is the same as the crossroads. Sony tips are more like silicone than the rubbery crossroads tips.

Now the bass is there, and it's good. Tight and fairly detailed bass, quantity is ok.

Very detailed phones and musical too. I'm definitely happy about my purchase, they are everything I hoped for and more.

IMHO they are great IEMs for the gym, isolates enough to block out most annoyances, detailed without being analytical and musical enough to get you pumped.

I'd love to try some foamies for these though, any foamies that fit?

May 1, 2007 at 2:33 PM Post #87 of 458
Quote:

Originally Posted by techie /img/forum/go_quote.gif
is it possible that the high hiss is coming from the bad audio file quality?

and for those of you that owns the senn cx300, how does it compare with mylar 3?

so? how do these, with proper isolation, sound with respect to the senn cx300?

May 1, 2007 at 4:01 PM Post #88 of 458
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ichinichi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
so? how do these, with proper isolation, sound with respect to the senn cx300?

don't even mention it... if i can ditch my sf5p aside for M3 and use it together with my tf10p, i don't see a reason to question it sound quality.

May 1, 2007 at 4:49 PM Post #90 of 458
I currently own a pair of Super.Fi 5 Pro's, and I was wondering if I should buy a pair. I'm looking for more comfort with similar sound, but budget isn't the highest right now. How is the comfort? Is it more comfortable than Super.Fi's? Oh yeah, and are they y cords or j cords?

-The Grinman
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back