Crossroads Mylar Three, Super.fi sound?
Jun 1, 2007 at 10:58 AM Post #346 of 458
He..he.. you are funny. would the price still be a steal 86$ you know
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 1, 2007 at 11:06 AM Post #348 of 458
Quote:

Originally Posted by UltraEvo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Does it sound better with an amP? I heard tat the M6 doesn't respond well to amp.

M6? You mean X3? I used them on my Woo 6 tube amp, and they don't sound much different than on my Cowon D2. But then again, the D2 is one of the strongest amped players available.

Jun 1, 2007 at 11:10 AM Post #349 of 458
Quote:

Originally Posted by dfkt /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I believe so. I prefer them to my $200 Super.Fi's, $140 ER-6... and they might be even better than the $100 Vibes. So yes, $86 seems fair for them.

OK it sounds nice
eggosmile.gif
I think i make an order then
lambda.gif

Jun 1, 2007 at 2:00 PM Post #350 of 458
Quote:

M6? You mean X3? I used them on my Woo 6 tube amp, and they don't sound much different than on my Cowon D2. But then again, the D2 is one of the strongest amped players available.

I think he meant Meizu M6, the player pictured with Dual's X3 and amp.

FWIW, my X3s also had a declared value of $5, and I didn't communicate with Mr. Wilson at all after purchasing -- so that is indeed his practice.

Jun 1, 2007 at 2:47 PM Post #353 of 458
anyone tested these with the cowon D2 ?

and does anyone know what kit comes with the audio technica ATH-CK5 ? there might be a good reason for that $67 kit,

Jun 1, 2007 at 2:50 PM Post #354 of 458
Quote:

Customs are VERY strict here in Austria... but a parcel from Singapore declared "earbuds, $5" doesn't attract any attention.

The danish are also very bad, but i can´t buy anything that good in Denmark to 86$ so even if i get busted it is still a good price
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 1, 2007 at 2:53 PM Post #355 of 458
Quote:

Originally Posted by Aevum /img/forum/go_quote.gif
anyone tested these with the cowon D2 ?

Yes, me... sounds nice. Not much background hiss, a lot less than the Vibes or Super.Fi's. Nice mids, treble, and soundstage, right out of the box. Bass doesn't extend very deep, and they lack some "punchyness" - but that might change with some more burn-in.

Jun 1, 2007 at 3:05 PM Post #356 of 458
Quote:

Originally Posted by UltraEvo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Does it sound better with an amP? I heard tat the M6 doesn't respond well to amp.

Yeah people have been telling me that amping the M6 won't do any good. In my case the amp really helps, it filters out all the hissing of the M6 and improves the sound. If I plug the Mylars directly into the M6 all I hear is some anoying snake on cocaine taunting me.

Anyway I am very happy with my setup and thats all that counts.
icon10.gif

Jun 1, 2007 at 10:36 PM Post #358 of 458
I just got mine and have been experimenting with different tips. I'm pretty pleased. I get the best seal with large UE tips*, a marked improvement over the default Sonys, which weren't all that bad to begin with, just the bass was pretty weak.

To my ears, these sound quite a bit better than the CX-300s I used to have; the bass sounds just as strong, only with improved clarity. Vocals come out well, as do guitars. Instrument separation is pretty good. I can't say much more other than that I'm enjoying these quite a bit. I don't see how anyone could go wrong with these, and they've barely begun breaking in.

On a related note, I'm now curious to hear the XBs sound. With the right seal, the X3s already produce some pretty impressive bass.

Oh, here's the POS setup I'm using:

Noisy on-board laptop audio
128-320kbps mp3s, some VBR
PA2v2

Update 1: *Nevermind! I'm glad I bought that universal kit. I was wearing large tips and enjoying them until I started listening to Metric - SIBILANCE OVERLOAD! I switched to foamies and I'm back to noddin'. These are good phones, no question. I'm *really* curious to hear them with better source and amp. Rawwwrrrr, bloody head-fi syndrome, it's too strong to fight.

Update 2: Holy crap, Black Republican is BUMPING with these babies. Very, very fun listen. Foamies are totally doing it for me. Yao!

Update 3: Ozzy/Sabbath is an absolute joy to listen to with these. I can only wonder how they'll sound through a better source.

Jun 2, 2007 at 1:55 AM Post #359 of 458
I ordered mines last Tuesday, Jaben told me they shipped (hopefully) on Wednesday, and it's been a week and two days and I haven't received them yet. Should I start worrying? I emailed them yesterday, but haven't received a reply from them yet. I hope they come tomorrow, if USPS is handling international mail...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back