crossover frequency
Jul 25, 2008 at 1:46 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Tom Drinkwater

Head-Fier
OK, so many IEMs are 2 or 3 way, westone, freq, livewires, only futuresonics are actively going against the trend.

BUT

i haven't seen any of these manufacturers publish any details about their crossovers! what are the crossover frequencies? what are the slopes?

not only is this data not published (you'd never get away with that in pro audio!), 3 different prominent manufacturers have replied to my email enquiries and not answered the questions about the crossovers!

what are they hiding?

if anyone has any data on this for any IEM that uses a crossover, post it here I'd love to know!

Jul 25, 2008 at 2:14 PM Post #2 of 4
You'll find a lot of stuff going on in the audiophile market that wouldn't fly in the pro audio market (or anywhere where the buyers knew about what they were buying).

Jul 25, 2008 at 4:04 PM Post #3 of 4
Not just Future Sonics, Sleek Audio and Klipsch's top models are both single drive too.

They are probably trade secret. Many companies use patented design on crossover too.

People buy result, not what bring the result. For example, Bose never really publish any hard data, yet people still spend big money for it.

Jul 25, 2008 at 5:37 PM Post #4 of 4
well no manufacturer of professional studio monitors or similar equipment feels the need to keep their crossover frequencies or other specs a trade secret, it just makes them look like amateurs, pointless anyway since any competitor that really wanted to know could just pull them apart to see, but i can't afford to do that!

i want to know because i'm not getting the result, and want to work out why not...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back