Crisis with Xintechs & Superdual ?
Jul 13, 2004 at 8:51 PM Post #76 of 107
Quote:

Originally Posted by iamdone
The SuperDual used one dual opamp and the SuperMono uses a least 2 opamps (if not 3, for ground) . This is based on what opamps he lists. I'm not actually sure how using mono opamps helps but it seems to give much better stereo seperation and a better soundstage. Having to ability to amp roll is a big plus as well because many people think the ad8610 too bright.

Thanks for clarifying.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 13, 2004 at 8:52 PM Post #77 of 107
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dixie Flatline
Well, I'm glad to see Xin's bouncing back from his disappointment... SuperMono sounds nifty, and the separate mono opamps are a feature that I believe was originally planned for the SuperDual, but didn't pan out. Nice to see that he's got plans for the next generation of SuperMini (what is this, v8?) and Micro as well.

Yeah, I thought the SD was going to be designed like a mini PPA, using 3 mono opamps. So the SuperMono might come closer. Since you can also roll the buffers, I think there are some diamond type buffers you could put in there but the size will probably be a factor. The larocca one alone is bigger than xin amps.

Jul 13, 2004 at 10:55 PM Post #78 of 107
Quote:

Originally Posted by iamdone
Yeah, I thought the SD was going to be designed like a mini PPA, using 3 mono opamps. So the SuperMono might come closer. Since you can also roll the buffers, I think there are some diamond type buffers you could put in there but the size will probably be a factor. The larocca one alone is bigger than xin amps.

From my communication with Xin. the Supermono seems to be setting up a new standard for portable amp, no matter in sound quality, size, or money. I think he's not aiming at beating the current portable, but the home bulky amp
smily_headphones1.gif
It should be a big step up from SD in sound quality, but bigger. As a SD owner, I won't feel dispointed with the Superdual as it works perfectly with the gear for a run. Xin's an amazing scientiest who's enthusiastics in creating "out of the world" thing just runs forever. Can't wait!

Jul 14, 2004 at 4:47 AM Post #79 of 107
but but... I ordered a SuperDual already! I thought I could escape this portable madness of upgrading by ignoring the portable section.

Jul 14, 2004 at 10:15 AM Post #80 of 107
Quote:

Originally Posted by lan
but but... I ordered a SuperDual already! I thought I could escape this portable madness of upgrading by ignoring the portable section.

LOL, same here. Maybe the new comes out even before we receive our SD's.

Jul 14, 2004 at 12:26 PM Post #81 of 107
In reality, Xin will always have something "new and improved" hitting the market. Let's face it, this is how he makes money. I just sent my SD back for the upgrade, and considering the size and craftsmanship, I plan on using this amp for a long, long time. Yes, there will always be new flavors, but vanilla and chocolate always remain the same.

Jul 14, 2004 at 2:02 PM Post #82 of 107
Quote:

Originally Posted by clandestine

"There'll be three new amps coming.

1) The brand new SuperMono. White or black aluminum case, beautiful. Smaller and thinner than any current portable amps (except my current amps,of course). Users can roll opamps and buffers (including OPA627/637, AD8610, buf634 etc.) to fit their special tastes. Use non-rechargable and rechargable batteries. If rechargable batteries are used, they can be charged inside. 6-24V external power jack for optimal performance at home. Estimated price $199.

Sounds like Xin was reading the thread about adding an internal charger and AC power supply to the SR-71.
tongue.gif

Jul 14, 2004 at 6:04 PM Post #83 of 107
Xin is going to be very busy. Here's part of an email he sent me this morning.

After the SuperMono, I'll work on the new versions of SuperMini and
SuperMicro.
After that, I'll work on the MP3 player, which has been postponed for a
year now. The MP3 player will have built-in audiophile amp, DAC
(digital) input, headphone out and line out.

That MP3 player could be really interesting! And it would probably be a good fit with any of his amps.

Will headphones and a complete package be next???

Jul 14, 2004 at 6:13 PM Post #84 of 107
mp3 player! now that's something i would definitely wait for, hopefully he'll use better casing then the plastic superdual style case

Jul 14, 2004 at 6:23 PM Post #86 of 107
Quote:

Originally Posted by erikzen
Sounds like Xin was reading the thread about adding an internal charger and AC power supply to the SR-71.
tongue.gif

Maybe I can ask him for some royalties, then..

Hmm..

[size=xx-small]*be right back.. gotto talk to Xin about my royalties for my mind-share..
wink.gif
*[/size]

Jul 14, 2004 at 6:24 PM Post #87 of 107
HI: This SuperMono might have RCA jacks and a walwart and be used as a home amp. Now only if it sounds better than a PPA.

Jul 14, 2004 at 6:46 PM Post #88 of 107
Quote:

Originally Posted by LTUCCI1924
HI: This SuperMono might have RCA jacks and a walwart and be used as a home amp. Now only if it sounds better than a PPA.

I'm sure there will be much debate over that! If version 1 doesn't sound better than a PPA, version 6 certainly will.
wink.gif

Jul 14, 2004 at 6:47 PM Post #89 of 107
Quote:

Originally Posted by raaj

Hmm..

[size=xx-small]*be right back.. gotto talk to Xin about my royalties for my mind-share..
wink.gif
*[/size]

Good luck, raaj!

Jul 14, 2004 at 6:57 PM Post #90 of 107
Quote:

Originally Posted by raaj

Hmm..

wink.gif
*[/size]

But the internal charger and AC power supply are already in SuperDual, they are not new.
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back