crinacle's IEM FR measurement database
Feb 17, 2020 at 10:31 AM Post #1,291 of 1,335
I think is 1DD thing, there are tons of 1DD iem that graph very similar.I wonder did they also sounds like each others?:thinking:
graph.png

major looks like a bass boosted T-one

Last edited:
Feb 17, 2020 at 11:06 AM Post #1,292 of 1,335
I think is 1DD thing, there are tons of 1DD iem that graph very similar.I wonder did they also sounds like each others?:thinking:
graph.png
major looks like a bass boosted T-one
Sounds like continuous rehash of Chifi iems with different casing to make it seem like different models/brands. Which is one reason what measurement reveals.

Feb 19, 2020 at 2:02 PM Post #1,293 of 1,335
@crinacle noticed you have quite a few CIEM measurements in your database. How do you seal the CIEM bore to the IEC60318-4 coupler? Do you use a putty or a comply wrap or something? Thanks

Feb 29, 2020 at 1:39 AM Post #1,294 of 1,335
@crinacle , just wanted to say - I`m starting to believe into your target curve :)

Feb 29, 2020 at 3:31 AM Post #1,296 of 1,335
@crinacle noticed you have quite a few CIEM measurements in your database. How do you seal the CIEM bore to the IEC60318-4 coupler? Do you use a putty or a comply wrap or something? Thanks

Putty/blutac. The procedure is highlighted in the standard.

@crinacle
Any news about your collaboration with fearless ? The frequency response if the dawn is very appealing to me....

Delayed. Still in progress, but events like the virus outbreak has made things a lot harder to work with.

Mar 8, 2020 at 4:11 AM Post #1,298 of 1,335
I just added over-ear headphone measurements by @crinacle in AutoEQ. I had to come up with a target curve for these measurements since the rig is quite unique. I calculated an average deviation from oratory1990 measurements with all the headphone models measured by both and added that to Harman over-ear 2018 target. Here are the squiggly lines from the calibration process.
calibration.png

Of course the usual disclaimers apply here as well: it's not really possible to calibrate one system to another with a static calibration curve when the two rigs have different acoustical imbedances. However the standard deviation of the differences is quite modest here in the mid range so these should be fairly solid. The peaks in the upper treble don't look so good but I decided to keep them because they are mostly above zero meaning that the EQ would only bring those areas down which is usually not that big of a problem in uppper treble.

The MiniDSP EARS pinnas are not the best but at least the Crinacle is using a good ear simulator so I decided to put these measurements above all but oratory1990 measurements. The pinnas on Head Acoustics HATS (used by Rtings, Innerfidelity and headphone.com) is equally rigid and those don't have the modern ear simulator Crinacle is using.

All the pre-computed results for Crinacle's over-ear headphone measurements can be found here: https://github.com/jaakkopasanen/AutoEq/tree/master/results/crinacle/crinacle_over-ear

Mar 8, 2020 at 4:47 AM Post #1,299 of 1,335
I just added over-ear headphone measurements by @crinacle in AutoEQ. I had to come up with a target curve for these measurements since the rig is quite unique. I calculated an average deviation from oratory1990 measurements with all the headphone models measured by both and added that to Harman over-ear 2018 target. Here are the squiggly lines from the calibration process.

Of course the usual disclaimers apply here as well: it's not really possible to calibrate one system to another with a static calibration curve when the two rigs have different acoustical imbedances. However the standard deviation of the differences is quite modest here in the mid range so these should be fairly solid. The peaks in the upper treble don't look so good but I decided to keep them because they are mostly above zero meaning that the EQ would only bring those areas down which is usually not that big of a problem in uppper treble.

The MiniDSP EARS pinnas are not the best but at least the Crinacle is using a good ear simulator so I decided to put these measurements above all but oratory1990 measurements. The pinnas on Head Acoustics HATS (used by Rtings, Innerfidelity and headphone.com) is equally rigid and those don't have the modern ear simulator Crinacle is using.

All the pre-computed results for Crinacle's over-ear headphone measurements can be found here: https://github.com/jaakkopasanen/AutoEq/tree/master/results/crinacle/crinacle_over-ear

Could you PM me the raw data for the over-ear target (with bass and without)? I'll see if I can implement it on my side.

Mar 8, 2020 at 7:11 AM Post #1,301 of 1,335
Could you PM me the raw data for the over-ear target (with bass and without)? I'll see if I can implement it on my side.
See here: https://github.com/jaakkopasanen/AutoEq/tree/master/measurements/crinacle/resources

@jaakkopasanen Out of curiosity, would using the median deviation instead of the average make sense for applications like this?
My guess would be it's not helpful. Median is a good alternative to average when the data set has outliers far from the median and these tend to shift the average to their direction. In this case that doesn't seem to be so I would say median and average are about the same here.

Mar 19, 2020 at 7:30 AM Post #1,302 of 1,335

Users who are viewing this thread

Back