crinacle's IEM FR measurement database
Aug 17, 2018 at 8:38 AM Post #906 of 1,335
Did these sound as nice as they measure?

I had a chance to try these out last time. I think they're very competent as a first product from an underground mysterious manufacturer! I'm not entirely sure whether they want me to say much about it. I can, however say that like its name, it does beg listened to for long hours at a time

IMG_3212.jpg

Aug 28, 2018 at 7:59 PM Post #907 of 1,335
I had a chance to try these out last time. I think they're very competent as a first product from an underground mysterious manufacturer! I'm not entirely sure whether they want me to say much about it. I can, however say that like its name, it does beg listened to for long hours at a time

The connectors look unusual. Do they, by any chance. use sonion's electrostatic tweeter? Or are they just a regular BA IEM?

Aug 29, 2018 at 8:04 AM Post #908 of 1,335
Great news, I've managed to get in contact with an acquaintance and salvage some parts to identify my mic's issue. Looks like my lemo 2pin to 3.5mm cable is the culprit so I've borrowed his for the time being.

Dump #11:

Dunu DN2000

I had the impression these were the J / Japanese tuning version, which sounds different from the originals...

Edit: on second thought, I might be wrong...

Last edited:
Aug 31, 2018 at 1:53 AM Post #909 of 1,335
Hey @crinacle, any chance of you getting your hands on the Zeus XR for an updated measurement?
The Zeus is just an IEM I'm highly interested in as I haven't been able to find demo units or even any customs to forcefully shove into my ears.
I understand you're quite occupied as of recent times, so it's no biggie.

Aug 31, 2018 at 1:58 AM Post #910 of 1,335
Hey @crinacle, any chance of you getting your hands on the Zeus XR for an updated measurement?
The Zeus is just an IEM I'm highly interested in as I haven't been able to find demo units or even any customs to forcefully shove into my ears.
I understand you're quite occupied as of recent times, so it's no biggie.

Zeus demo units are sparse and hard to find these days. I'll contact Empire Ears and see if they can supply me with something.

Sep 1, 2018 at 2:11 AM Post #911 of 1,335
The connectors look unusual. Do they, by any chance. use sonion's electrostatic tweeter? Or are they just a regular BA IEM?

Nope, it's all BA. The maker really wants to experiment with some Sonion tweeters though!

The connectors are actually standard 2 pin my friend made for me. It's just using some fancier looking connectors instead of the more plain looking ones. I think it's quite similar to those used by Null Audio with their cables. Unfortunately I can't really remember the brand used for the connector

Users who are viewing this thread

Back