Cretative X-Fi Surround 5.1 modded for audiophile -- USB audio
Apr 13, 2011 at 12:34 PM Post #31 of 36
What should be the voltage of a untouched clean line out? That device I mentionned is 2000mV. Is there any standard in there?

The manual of my Tube amp mentions that the Input intensity is 300mV. Is the mismatch an issue?

Thanks,
Serge

Apr 16, 2011 at 4:06 AM Post #33 of 36
the voltage will vary with the volume, the difference is its DC, it doesn't have a negative value, and as a rough guess the voltage from a line level speaker could go as high as 2v

Dec 25, 2012 at 2:49 PM Post #34 of 36
Hello.
I'm working on a carpc and I have this soundcard (X-FI Surround 51. Pro SB1095).

My carpc is from the start a netbook, so I must use usb soundcard.
I want to use this card directly to my amps, but i dont know how much volt the soundcards puts out from all 6 channels.
I need minimum 2 volt.

My system are like this:
Front mid speakers - To L/R Front at soundcard
Front tweeters - To L/R Rear at soundcard
Subwoofer - To Sub/Center at soundcard

I would also like to mod my card so it sound better, but i dont know what types of components i should use..
Please help!

Mar 22, 2013 at 12:33 PM Post #35 of 36
Hi Guys,

I don't know if this will be relevant here but i'm gonna give it a go :

Since I have upgraded to Windows 8 I have been encountering the following problem.

1. The X-Fi Crystalizer will not work tough it can be activated via creative console and audio control . It has NO EFFECT on the sound.
  2. Same problem goes for the X-Fi CMSS 3D.

Any advice will be highly appreciated.

I have downloaded the latest driver that supports windows 8 on the site and checked in windows device manager that it is running that driver.

Thank You.

Jan 15, 2019 at 10:05 AM Post #36 of 36
I just bought a stock Creative X-Fi 5.1 sound card. I don't know if the mod would be needed in my setup as I only use the sound card's ouptical output?
My system:
The Creative sound card is connected to the source Synology diskstation via Audioquest mini usb cable.
An optical cable is connected to the Creative sound card and goes into Stello da220 mk2 DAC.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back