Creative Zen Neeon Review (Many Pics + Long!)
May 28, 2005 at 2:50 AM Post #17 of 51
some other pics taken from other websites

[
10217169kj.jpg

10217159dx.jpg

10217174sv.jpg

10217257fs.jpg

May 28, 2005 at 2:51 AM Post #18 of 51
Indeed, hope you are happy with it. The lack of resume playback feature is dumbfounding. The first Muvos didn't have resume either and it was incredibly annoying. I figured once they got that one right they wouldn't go backwards. The size is amazing, though, and seems like a fun player.

May 28, 2005 at 6:37 AM Post #20 of 51
Quote:

Originally Posted by gowrygabriev
What's the sound quality like? The micro has a SNR of 95 and creative's website mentions 90 for this one? Why are they going backwards?

i have only listened to the micro birefly, so i can't compare much. with the muvo2 fm, i pretty much prefer the neeon. the muvo2 fm has only 4 band eq and the sound is not very adjustable and bass distorts when it is pushed. the neeon presents a very controlled sound and the eq possibilities are endless.
cool.gif

May 28, 2005 at 6:41 AM Post #21 of 51
Quote:

Originally Posted by PrototypeX2
Another great review DigDub.
One thing, are YOU happy with the player?

other than the non-resume playback point function, i'm pretty happy with it, especially the sound quality. luckily, the problems can be fixed by a software upgrade. hope creative will release new firmwares soon.
cool.gif

May 28, 2005 at 2:08 PM Post #23 of 51
I'm pleased to hear the SQ is supposedly good. I can't understand why creative chose to put a defective 4-band EQ on the zen touch, while all their other players have much better EQs.

May 28, 2005 at 2:29 PM Post #24 of 51
Quote:

Originally Posted by Edwood
Is the 2.5mm recording jack for cell phone headsets, so you can use them as a microphone?

-Ed

i don't think so, because not all cell phones use 2.5mm jacks for their headsets. creative does provide a 2.5mm-3.5mm cable. i think creative is trying to make it more difficult to copy music?
wink.gif

May 28, 2005 at 3:30 PM Post #25 of 51
The player doesn't come with an adapter? But zen micro does rite? does that mean we can use e adapter from micro for neeon? And does the player allow you to skip songs? Like if u're playing the songs as shuffle, can u fast forward to the next track? Oh, and when shuffling songs, do they shuffle within a folder, or shuffle within the whole list of songs?
Still torn btn neeon and micro. Which is betta?

May 28, 2005 at 3:55 PM Post #26 of 51
Quote:

Originally Posted by dolphluver
The player doesn't come with an adapter? But zen micro does rite? does that mean we can use e adapter from micro for neeon? And does the player allow you to skip songs? Like if u're playing the songs as shuffle, can u fast forward to the next track? Oh, and when shuffling songs, do they shuffle within a folder, or shuffle within the whole list of songs?
Still torn btn neeon and micro. Which is betta?

it doesn't come with a power adapter. i'm not sure about what kind of adapter the micro use, but if it has a mini-USB plug at one end, it should be fine as the Neeon charges using the USB port. The player allows you to skip song. You can choose to shuffle within the folder or shuffle all the songs inside the player.

May 29, 2005 at 4:24 PM Post #29 of 51
Quote:

Originally Posted by Loche
Hi,
Nice review!
But, can you search tracks by artist, album and all these like in the Zen Micro (and basicly all other Hard Drive Player) ?

the navigation is folder-based. so scrolling through music is like looking for songs in Windows Explorer.
tongue.gif

May 29, 2005 at 4:43 PM Post #30 of 51
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jon.
..says the man who loved the orange micro

no need to be fresh "Jon", i understand that you are too stubborn to take other people's thoughts and opinions, so why don't you just run along now to another thread? The orange micro was cool, cuz it was just one color, im talking about how there are no masculine skins for the neeon. And anyways-i owna red one now and it is smoking..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back