Creative Super X-Fi headphone holography
Apr 7, 2022 at 5:20 AM Post #946 of 1,002
I think I had the same issue, but I assumed it was because I also had EqualizerAPO enabled (and then it would maybe default to unknown headphone). I wanted to verify right now but noticed that I don't know how to disable EqualizerAPO.
I don't think EqualizerAPO would impact the headphone selection functionality. I'm trying to figure out of my amp is broken or if this is a widespread issue. I read that there is a way to put the amp into a recovery mode to reset it but that it requires an Android device. The reset option in the Windows app didn't help.

Apr 7, 2022 at 6:30 AM Post #947 of 1,002
I don't think EqualizerAPO would impact the headphone selection functionality. I'm trying to figure out of my amp is broken or if this is a widespread issue. I read that there is a way to put the amp into a recovery mode to reset it but that it requires an Android device. The reset option in the Windows app didn't help.
Now that I think about it whether or not EqualizerAPO can influence this probably depends on where the EQ is applied, if it's stored on the device and applied there, or whether it's applied on the driver side.

On my side it could also be the latest update of the SXFI-Control software, I'm not sure of the exact timeline but it could be that it stopped working for me after I Installed that.

Apr 8, 2022 at 8:27 AM Post #948 of 1,002
Now that I think about it whether or not EqualizerAPO can influence this probably depends on where the EQ is applied, if it's stored on the device and applied there, or whether it's applied on the driver side.

On my side it could also be the latest update of the SXFI-Control software, I'm not sure of the exact timeline but it could be that it stopped working for me after I Installed that.
The problem is definitely version 3.4.99.1 of SXFI Control. This works correctly in version 3.4.81.00.

Interestingly enough, I could only find 3.4.81.00 on the Creative website. The newer version is offered as an update inside the app.

Apr 8, 2022 at 8:30 AM Post #949 of 1,002
Has anyone tried to connect the Sxfi amp to an external amplifier like the Drop THX 789?

I’ve tried it and I hear like a crackling noise…Not sure if it’s the output of the amp or the input of my amp..

Apr 9, 2022 at 5:54 AM Post #950 of 1,002
Has anyone tried to connect the Sxfi amp to an external amplifier like the Drop THX 789?

I’ve tried it and I hear like a crackling noise…Not sure if it’s the output of the amp or the input of my amp..
I just connected mine to an SMSL SP400, which is also a THX based amp like your Drop. I don't hear any noise even with the SXFI Amp at 100% volume.

Apr 10, 2022 at 6:32 AM Post #951 of 1,002
any of you got Creative G3 USB-C amp and shanling UP4 BT usb-c amp? is SXFI amp miles above those two? (music wise, gaming wise i am confident this sxfi is better), it's so deadly cheap now, like 60-70% price drop, considering myself

Aug 5, 2022 at 4:09 PM Post #953 of 1,002
Aug 7, 2022 at 8:16 AM Post #956 of 1,002
I fixed the headphone selection issue by uninstalling the software, reinstalling but DO NOT update it

Sep 4, 2022 at 11:24 PM Post #957 of 1,002
Anyone else noticed Gen3 was introduced?
I retook my photos this week and my profile is now marked as Gen3.
In my case the huge dip at 8-9 kHz is gone and the lower treble (4 kHz) is less pronounced. The 150 - 300 Hz is still recessed though. Now it sounds more correct with K702 using K701 setting in SXFI app or a Harman Target headphone with Unknown Headphone profile.

Still worse sensation of being in a room than Out of your head's Genelec or Cello profiles, but these have bass inconsistencies and sometimes sound as if coming from above to me.

Anyone else who tried Gen3 - what is your experience?
Where do you see Gen3? I'm still on Gen2 on the SXFI Control

EDIT :Ho,, I've found it, you need to make a new profile. such a nightmare doing the pictures. The first try was crap, the bass was gone :D

EDIT : I tried Forza Horizon 3 and it sound like crap, like half of the sound suddenly disappear or doesn't exist, the driving on rain water road make screaching noises.... compared to my GEN2 which is better. Music sounds less or so the same..... is something ****ed up in the games area??

It just doesn't sound good! what am I doing wrong? GEN2 I did sound way better like I close to the place like I'm inside it, GEN3 is like I'm far from everything on a stage which already on a stage because of HD800s. how do I fix this??

EDIT : PLEASE tell me you hear what I hear. Everyone report them!! https://asia.creative.com/contactus?h=5

Using the device with Profile GEN2.
I tried to make a new profile and saw GEN3, in songs and movies are less noticeable but in games, it becomes worse, there is terrible ECHO, and terrible quality all around, I can't feel or hear the surround like GEN2, in Forza Horizon 3 for I can hear the passing cars from left and right with GEN2 but with GEN3 it's gone, I hear everything like I'm on stage within a stage because the HD800's has biggest sound stage it's triple it. please fix the GEN3 because I can't use it at all! it feels like I'm outside the game instead of being inside. driving in the rain is unbearable, it sounds like scratching walls with fingers. Something is wrong with the GEN3 profiles, I tried 6 times from many different angles, and it is always the same thing.

I hope it's a bug or something they didn't finish properly and will fix because every new profile is GEN3 now!! if anything happens and can't create GEN2 this device becomes unuseable forever!

1662348241364.png

Last edited:
Sep 5, 2022 at 1:00 PM Post #958 of 1,002
Hmm, I just ordered one of these. Now I wonder if there is a special Firmware upgrade necessary before the gen3 profiles kick in? Maybe I hold off upgrading the firmware until the gen3 profiles issues get solved?? :ksc75smile:

Sep 19, 2022 at 5:02 PM Post #960 of 1,002
Did anyone send creative a support ticket?? or does no one care about this? because GEN3 is screwed up and anyone who buys any SXFI and wants to use it will get 10% quality of headphones sound. I guess no one on Head-Fi cares about HiFi.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back