Creative Super X-Fi headphone holography
Mar 13, 2020 at 7:50 AM Post #841 of 1,001
I have the gsx 1000 and it works for me but some times i think it has not enough juice to power headphones (was using shp9500s).
I also want to ask you if you recomend GSP500 for competitive gaming?

Having used the X3 for a few months, I can safely say that it is powerful enough to drive my HD600 and He4XX. With the HD600, I often set my volume at around 25-35 windows volume. When playing pubg, I usually have to set to 50 volume max. High gain setting is used.

The He4xx is a little more power hungry even though it's 35ohms. At low gain, I usually have to set windows volume to around 30- 50 for YouTube, and around 50-65 for games like Escape from Tarkov.

VSS wise, you can either use the SXFi feature on the X3, or use Creative's SBX suite. For atmospheric games, I prefer using SXFi. For really competitive FPS games, you might want to use SBX instead, as SXFi will dial down certain audio cues to make it sound natural. To me though, I felt that SXFi is accurate enough that I wouldn't want to switch back to SBX.

I can't comment on the GSX, since I never tried them. But I have heard that the VSS on the GSX sounds better than SBX.

PS: I want to add that if I use high gain for the HE4XX, my gaming volume rarely goes above 50. But I was told through Creative's worldwide support that I risk damaging the headphones since it is only has an 35ohm impedance. I forgot to ask the engineer about this when I was at the Customer Service centre that time, so I do not know how true that is.

Last edited:
Mar 13, 2020 at 8:31 AM Post #842 of 1,001
I absolutely do recommend the GSP500 for competitive gaming. It is good for gaming and movies. And the GSX1000 can easily drive it.
The microfone is very good too.

Last edited:
Mar 13, 2020 at 6:15 PM Post #844 of 1,001
i´m in the midle of the bridge between gsp 500 and DT990...
The DT990 is rather bright, it has a U shaped sound profile. Especially when gaming all the gunfire and explosions create a ringing in my ears using any Beyer can. Right now I own the DT1770 and the T5P second generation.

Mar 27, 2020 at 7:35 AM Post #846 of 1,001
The DT990 is rather bright, it has a U shaped sound profile. Especially when gaming all the gunfire and explosions create a ringing in my ears using any Beyer can. Right now I own the DT1770 and the T5P second generation.
I was about to buy DT990 600ohm + amp/dac but i don´t know if i´ll regrat later and don´t have a real upgrade in positional audio/footsteps/imaging...etc
i realy don´t know

Apr 8, 2020 at 2:39 AM Post #848 of 1,001
Greetings, everyone.

I was wondering if there is any alternative to SX-Fi for the time being when it comes to 'headphone holography' or anything close to that.
Thanks!
There will be April 13th look up JBL quantum one. They use a in ear mic calibration and some measurements vs pictures of your face. I'm really curious to see if its a better solution since JBL/Harmon know quite a lot about sound.

Apr 8, 2020 at 3:31 PM Post #850 of 1,001
I doubt so, according to the first two reviews from Tom's Hardware and The Verge.
I saw those and those are preliminary reviews before the in ear calibartion software is even working. I have no idea why those people even wrote a review in the first place when literally the thing that separates this headset from all others in not released yet. If im not mistaken SXFI was better before release because they originally made a in ear calibration.

"Advanced calibration of JBL’s surround sound technology includes adding your height and head diameter. However, the calibration process wasn’t ready yet, presumably because the headset hasn’t started shipping. I was able to use the re-centering feature of the headset, which is also available via the left earcup. It has you look at a bull's-eye in the center of the screen before clicking your left mouse button. "

Last edited:
Apr 11, 2020 at 12:30 AM Post #852 of 1,001
Does anyone else have a problem when switching between couple profiles with the SXFI Control? if I switch the first 1,2 profiles it works but then I get an error it can't download and I need to try again and again... I can't test which sound best like this. it takes 2 hr just to test 2 profiles.

Apr 17, 2020 at 12:43 PM Post #854 of 1,001
Hey Everyone for someone who is currently running a dt 990 250ohms would you recommend going for the x3 or possibly getting the sxfi theaters they will be used pretty much only for gaming maybe a bit of youtube/tv. If possible i would use them on PC and PS4 and PS5 when its released

thanks

Apr 17, 2020 at 1:38 PM Post #855 of 1,001
Hey Everyone for someone who is currently running a dt 990 250ohms would you recommend going for the x3 or possibly getting the sxfi theaters they will be used pretty much only for gaming maybe a bit of youtube/tv. If possible i would use them on PC and PS4 and PS5 when its released

thanks
I use the sxfi amp for my 990 250ohms it works great sounds good i would get the x3

Users who are viewing this thread

Back