Creative Sound Blaster Z with 250Ω headphones (DT880/DT990)?
Feb 20, 2014 at 9:39 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

kesard

New Head-Fier
Hey All!

first of all, I tried reading through the comprehensive (at this time) 133 page long Creative Sound Blaster new series Z, Zx & ZxR thread, but after about 67 sites I wanted to save my brain from exploding and gave up trying to extract that particular bit of information. I also searched (of course) google and this boards DT990 sub-forum, but without success.

So I thought I'd ask directly within a new thread. Hope you guys can help me out with some advice to my problem:

I am currently thinking of upgrading my aging (and cracked) HD555s (plugged into my onboard "asus p7p55d pro" soundchip), with a pair of DT990 or DT880 (tbd).
In particular I was looking at the 250 Ohm Models.

My question: Does the SBZ have enough power to drive them reasonably or doesn't it?

Creatives website says "up to 600ohms" but reviewers in the above mentioned thread have different opinions and I can't really extract what my limitations (if any) with that soundcard would be.

It'd be awesome if you could help me out with your expertise and insights, since I am very new to this stuff and I'm feeling kinda lost here.

Thanks in advance!

Cheers from Germany
~

Mar 13, 2016 at 6:34 AM Post #3 of 3
Totally forgot about this thread. Thanks for your answer!

In the meantime I actually bought the Creative Soundblaster Zx and the DT880s with 250 Ohms.

They work perfectly together :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back