Creative Sound Blaster X7 - Detailed Review & Impressions
Jan 4, 2020 at 9:56 AM Post #3,421 of 3,608
I just noticed when I use the Line in mode on x7 the Right Chanel is louder(more bass) than Left Chanel. I tried with A&K Kann and also tried with my Razer phone 2 and also tried with different RCA cables but nothing fixed it so I assume that something is wrong with X7's Line in input.

To verify if there's a fault with my Xm7 Left Speaker I tried with Bluetooth and also with usb DAC mode and both speakers are working Flawlessly.

Luckily I don't really use the Line in input but I was a bit shocked today to face this issue is this something to do with the Gain of the Left Chanel?

Jan 25, 2020 at 3:01 PM Post #3,425 of 3,608
Hello guys, I cannot make up my mind between the X7 and the AE-9. They are somehow at the same price (discount of 15% of the AE-9) and I do not know which one to choose! I have a DT 1990 Pro and I will use it only with my computer either for gaming, music or movies. Which one do you think is a better choice? I read some of your comments but I have the feeling that they are both great and almost equal as regards the sound quality.
Thank you for your help! :)

Jan 25, 2020 at 6:01 PM Post #3,426 of 3,608
Hello guys, I cannot make up my mind between the X7 and the AE-9. They are somehow at the same price (discount of 15% of the AE-9) and I do not know which one to choose! I have a DT 1990 Pro and I will use it only with my computer either for gaming, music or movies. Which one do you think is a better choice? I read some of your comments but I have the feeling that they are both great and almost equal as regards the sound quality.
X7, ability to plug into devices other than fullsize gaming pcs is a major advantage.

Jan 26, 2020 at 3:06 PM Post #3,427 of 3,608
X7
then upgrade to Sparkos OpAmps for substantial improvement

Jan 26, 2020 at 5:32 PM Post #3,430 of 3,608
Last edited:
Jan 26, 2020 at 6:30 PM Post #3,431 of 3,608
lmao that's my review, I also wrote one for the SS3601 a long time ago (I don't recommend reading it, it's highly incoherent). The opamps themselves are really good and totally worth it though.

Oh lol I did not notice! Just found on google :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
I guess I will check for the SS3602 based on your review. Sad they are a bit tall but I am fine to leave the cover off :)

So, you have to change a pair, right? I am totally newbie and question might seems dumb.
The other pair inside the X7 are stock?
Thank you :)

Jan 26, 2020 at 6:52 PM Post #3,432 of 3,608
lmao that's my review, I also wrote one for the SS3601 a long time ago (I don't recommend reading it, it's highly incoherent). The opamps themselves are really good and totally worth it though.
In fact, this review made me to try these OpAmps.
But I disagree, they crank up the performance up to thirteen, not eleven.

So, you have to change a pair, right? I am totally newbie and question might seems dumb.

AFAIK you gotta get 2 pairs, 2x01 and 2x02 to replace them all.

Jan 27, 2020 at 1:57 AM Post #3,433 of 3,608
Oh lol I did not notice! Just found on google :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
I guess I will check for the SS3602 based on your review. Sad they are a bit tall but I am fine to leave the cover off :)

Thank you :)
I covered the hole using tape and a metal enclosure from a spare hard drive but hou're free to just leave them it won't impact performance.

Feb 27, 2020 at 3:44 PM Post #3,435 of 3,608
idk if i should get these speakers, is it so good that it can compare with like JBL LSR 305s
https://sg.creative.com/p/sound-blaster/e-mu-xm7-bookshelf-speakers
please helpp i do not know how great are these speakers
I'm actually a speaker guy as well and I was really surprised how good a set of mid-size Creative desktop speakers sounded. I just saw that these speakers are on sale for $149 and for that money, given that Creative have been in the sound game for a long time, I would be shocked if the XM7s are not really good. I don't see anything about the JBL that would suggest it is anything special.

Frankly, I would look at Yamaha's stuff. Yamaha make some of the highest regarded musical instruments and electronics in the world. Their pianos and drum sets are legendary and when a company is so deeply invested into crafting well regarded families of wonderful sounding musical equipment it is wise to pay attention to their offerings.

If your main concern is a need to keep the price down, certainly Yamaha gear will be more than Creative, and given that Creative is also well known for great price/performance hard to go wrong there.

As well, when trying to balance price/performance, the Polk Audio Signature Series S15 desktop speaker is another great option. I actually own them and when I was using a desktop speaker setup I was really impressed by these. I still own them, just not currently using them as I have no desktop setup needs right now. I would say that with any small enclosure speaker certainly consider getting a sub woofer, you really need one as small enclosures roll the bass off early so don't expect any meaningful bass response below 60Hz from any small driver/small enclosure speaker. It isn't possible.

Frankly, and this is also something that I have done for desktop rigs, I went powered with the Kanto YU5 with their YU8 sub woofer. Very nice sound, great Bluetooth, nice build quality and despite not being a household name, Kanto is actually pretty respected and based on what I heard when I owned the YU5/YU8 rig, well deserved praise.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back