Creative Sound Blaster X7 - Detailed Review & Impressions
Sep 4, 2019 at 2:11 AM Post #3,392 of 3,608
Sep 4, 2019 at 5:57 PM Post #3,394 of 3,608
Is it possible that I'm over powering the HD800S? I have the X7 set as high gain (but I don't believe that it's a factor due to amp I have hooked up) I then have the Jotunheim in High gain as well and tune the volume to my liking.

Sep 10, 2019 at 5:38 PM Post #3,395 of 3,608
Is it possible that I'm over powering the HD800S? I have the X7 set as high gain (but I don't believe that it's a factor due to amp I have hooked up) I then have the Jotunheim in High gain as well and tune the volume to my liking.
I have the same issue. When i set to High-gain, the line-in causes buzzing. Very odd as the SPDIF is totally fine. The buzzing is really really annoying.

Sep 13, 2019 at 8:07 PM Post #3,396 of 3,608
Sometimes I'm away from my PC for days at a time and the X7 turns itself off completely (not standby). When I power it back on I'm greeted with max volume and tons of crazy reverb/interference. As soon as I frantically turn down the volume to stop my eardrums and speakers/headphones from blowing, the noise vanishes.

It's too risky turning it on with my headphones plugged in for this reason.

Anyone else experience this? I'm on the latest software and firmware.

Sep 13, 2019 at 8:19 PM Post #3,397 of 3,608
Sometimes I'm away from my PC for days at a time and the X7 turns itself off completely (not standby). When I power it back on I'm greeted with max volume and tons of crazy reverb/interference. As soon as I frantically turn down the volume to stop my eardrums and speakers/headphones from blowing, the noise vanishes.

It's too risky turning it on with my headphones plugged in for this reason.

Anyone else experience this? I'm on the latest software and firmware.

This has happened to me as well. Never fails to do it when it's late and my wife is asleep. Not a pleasant noise. I try to turn the X7 on after my PC has completely booted, and without any programs opened.

I'm not sure what the cause is though..

Sep 19, 2019 at 3:08 PM Post #3,398 of 3,608
Yeah I think the max volume on startup has now damaged my TH900's. It's only happened twice before I started unplugging the headphones in fear prior to powering the x7 on and only for 2-5 seconds.

They make a tapping noise at low volume that was never there but gonna test them with another amp to be sure.

Oct 23, 2019 at 10:39 PM Post #3,400 of 3,608
Just ordered a full set of Sparkos for my X7. If anyone is planning on doing the same, be sure to reach out to Andrew before ordering, and he should give you a break on pricing for the full set. Excellent customer service!

About time! Report back with your impressions.
I agree , Andrew is a stand up dude. It’s hard not to support a company such as his. That new amplifier he designed looks awesome

Nov 30, 2019 at 11:27 AM Post #3,402 of 3,608
Hello Guys, I have a big problem and maybe You could help me with this. Some time ago I had an accident and now I have hear loss in one ear about 30% and my question is how in X7 pc app panel or in another way I could change balance in my headphones (sennheiser HD 599). It's very important for me because I always love music and playing games. I can't find option like calibration for speakers (I have logitech 5.1) which works great. Could You help me, please? Thank You in advance :)

Nov 30, 2019 at 1:59 PM Post #3,403 of 3,608
Hello Guys, I have a big problem and maybe You could help me with this. Some time ago I had an accident and now I have hear loss in one ear about 30% and my question is how in X7 pc app panel or in another way I could change balance in my headphones (sennheiser HD 599). It's very important for me because I always love music and playing games. I can't find option like calibration for speakers (I have logitech 5.1) which works great. Could You help me, please? Thank You in advance :)

There is a Mixer tab in the app where you can change the balance for each input/output.

Nov 30, 2019 at 6:15 PM Post #3,404 of 3,608
In the Mixer tab You can change balance for line in, bluetooth, SPIDIF, USB host, mic but not in speakers/headphones. My PC is connected to the sound card using USB port on the back of the card, if it was connected to the "host USB" or through Bluetooth there is balance tab... Any advice?

Last edited:
Dec 18, 2019 at 1:40 AM Post #3,405 of 3,608
Hey all, Creative caught wind of a tweet I'm in and when I said I'd love to see a V2 of the X7, they asked what I would like to see in such a thing. I couldn't think of a whole lot, so I thought I'd tap this thread since it's still going on so many years after this product was released. Here's the tweet. If you have Twitter, feel free to pile on what you'd like to see in a Soundblaster X7 V2. :)

https://twitter.com/CreativeLabs/status/1207125842549043202?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back