Creative Sound Blaster X7 - Detailed Review & Impressions
Aug 27, 2019 at 2:56 PM Post #3,376 of 3,608
If you have a PS4 and you want to use virtual surround on that then X7 (or G6)
The X7 is fully featured, I'd always steer someone towards it if they can afford it. Not much more you can need than what it offers.

Thx guys! You're the best) Gonna w8 for their new sound card to make a finaly decision!

Aug 31, 2019 at 9:14 PM Post #3,377 of 3,608
happy New Year

I was told to tie it that way.

lFxbgNy.png

The Hama HA201 is connected between the USB sound card output & line-in of the Creative Sound Blaster X7. To regulate the chat, if you have annoying kids in the game so I can Muten

I just wanted to reply to this diagram which made me want to pull my hair out for 2 days, the X7 does NOT output the mic from the front into the line out

Also the line out and headphone output don’t even work at the same time

You can use one mic directly with the USB adapter for communicating to ps4 or xb1 chat (replace line out with your modmic) and then attach a second mic on the front panel for usage in your stream. Also of note is that the x7 does not have 48v phantom power for larger mics

Also you can use a Y adapter between where you connect your chat audio to the line in with RCA wires so you can play music in your stream or to your headset. Note: you connect the green audio on your USB adapter to your x7 so your teammates chat audio go to the headset you’ve connected to x7 front panel since chat audio is not outputted by toslink optical wire

Sep 1, 2019 at 3:44 AM Post #3,379 of 3,608
On PS4 you can use Creative BT-W2 (or any other bluetooth dongle that advertises itself to the OS as a USB Audio device) for chat. Pair the dongle with the X7, plug it into the console and voila, full chat support.

Sep 1, 2019 at 12:37 PM Post #3,380 of 3,608
On PS4 you can use Creative BT-W2 (or any other bluetooth dongle that advertises itself to the OS as a USB Audio device) for chat. Pair the dongle with the X7, plug it into the console and voila, full chat support.

Ok. I usually avoid BT devices but it seems the convenience factor of having all the audio go thru the X7 definitely outweighs the cost and bunch of wires everywhere.

I just wanted to let everyone know that that diagram is FALSE and does not work.

Sep 1, 2019 at 12:40 PM Post #3,381 of 3,608
Sorry for double post but separately I’m having another issue now. I have an Elgato HD60s I’m using. HD60s works fine but I can’t get my optical out on my PS4 to work anymore once the HD60s is plugged in.

I can use the line in from my USB adapter connected to PS4 but that will make me lose Dolby digital and I believe I also won’t be able to control chat audio separately anymore since now all audio is going through line in.

Any help here? This is a lot of hassle to get my stream up, starting to regret spending so much time on it lol

Sep 1, 2019 at 3:40 PM Post #3,382 of 3,608
Sorry for double post but separately I’m having another issue now. I have an Elgato HD60s I’m using. HD60s works fine but I can’t get my optical out on my PS4 to work anymore once the HD60s is plugged in.

I can use the line in from my USB adapter connected to PS4 but that will make me lose Dolby digital and I believe I also won’t be able to control chat audio separately anymore since now all audio is going through line in.

Any help here? This is a lot of hassle to get my stream up, starting to regret spending so much time on it lol
Enable output to multiple devices in PS4 settings. Alternatively plug USB from X7 to your streaming PC and set What U Hear virtual device as input in OBS

Sep 2, 2019 at 2:36 PM Post #3,383 of 3,608
Was there ever a fix for the popping noises that occur when playing a game with a 5.1 track? It's especially frustrating and immersion breaking.

Why has Creative still not fixed this after all this time? Is there some kind of work around?

Happens whether or not I use my amp (Jotunheim) or not.

Sep 2, 2019 at 8:07 PM Post #3,384 of 3,608
Was there ever a fix for the popping noises that occur when playing a game with a 5.1 track? It's especially frustrating and immersion breaking.

Have you updated to the latest firmware (Jan this year?)

The issue isn't something I've ever noticed

Sep 3, 2019 at 2:41 AM Post #3,386 of 3,608

Why has Creative still not fixed this after all this time? Is there some kind of work around?

Happens whether or not I use my amp (Jotunheim) or not.
If the popping occurs with 5.1 and not stereo then check your dpc latency it might be usb controller issue.

Sep 3, 2019 at 5:27 PM Post #3,388 of 3,608
set the x7's output to 80% and check again

Sep 3, 2019 at 6:06 PM Post #3,390 of 3,608
yes, try it and see if it fixes that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back