Creative Sound Blaster X7 - Detailed Review & Impressions
Apr 14, 2017 at 3:58 PM Post #2,507 of 3,608
last question: when i put enable "direct mode" i feel the lowest volume than i disable direct mode. So i think strange because "direct mode" should be direct analogic signal RCA on the final power Marantz SM80. (100W+100W). Why the reason i feel lower volume like t this? please help me for the last time :) Thank!

Apr 15, 2017 at 9:06 AM Post #2,508 of 3,608
Hi fellow X7 owners.

Quick question regarding the BT-W2 adaptor. If I connect this to the USB port on the X7, am I right in assuming this will allow me to connect any Bluetooth headphones I have?

I normally use my wired AKG 712s but as the new owner of a puppy (whose addicted to wires), I need a back up wireless option to connect to the X7.

I assume this can be done but just wanted to check with anyone who has the BT-W2.

Many thanks in advance.

Apr 15, 2017 at 9:09 AM Post #2,509 of 3,608
Hi fellow X7 owners.

Quick question regarding the BT-W2 adaptor. If I connect this to the USB port on the X7, am I right in assuming this will allow me to connect any Bluetooth headphones I have?

I normally use my wired AKG 712s but as the new owner of a puppy (whose addicted to wires), I need a back up wireless option to connect to the X7.

I assume this can be done but just wanted to check with anyone who has the BT-W2.

Many thanks in advance.

It will not. The USB port on the side is for connecting smartphones only. BT-W2 should be treated as additional USB input.

Apr 15, 2017 at 9:15 AM Post #2,510 of 3,608
It will not. The USB port on the side is for connecting smartphones only. BT-W2 should be treated as additional USB input.

Thanks for the quick response Yethal.

I'm glad I checked before ordering the BT-W2. So the only way to connect Bluetooth headphones to the X7 would be to connect a Bluetooth transmitter to the left/right line outs or optical out (depending on the transmitter) on the back of the X7?

Apr 15, 2017 at 9:21 AM Post #2,511 of 3,608
Thanks for the quick response Yethal.

I'm glad I checked before ordering the BT-W2. So the only way to connect Bluetooth headphones to the X7 would be to connect a Bluetooth transmitter to the left/right line outs or optical out (depending on the transmitter) on the back of the X7?

Yup.

Apr 15, 2017 at 5:15 PM Post #2,514 of 3,608
I'd love to but I have no idea what You wrote.

Apr 19, 2017 at 12:14 PM Post #2,516 of 3,608
Don't know who asked, quote didn't work. I have the X7 with Sparkos op amps and also a Schiit Mimby. I have not done a direct comparison between the two, but honestly I cannot tell a difference if just switching back and forth between the two. This is just listening and enjoying, and they sound the same. Now if I was to test the two, I am sure something would be different between them, but honestly it isn't obvious. I use a pretty good amp with both, so the DAC should be more obvious in the chain. If I was upgrading, personally I would get the X7 and Sparkos and call it a day. I may sell my Mimby because I just don't need it for my needs. I will try it in my 2 channel setup first and it may just go there. 

The person who asked had a Cavalli amp, and that will work great with the X7. 

Apr 19, 2017 at 12:25 PM Post #2,517 of 3,608
Don't know who asked, quote didn't work. I have the X7 with Sparkos op amps and also a Schiit Mimby. I have not done a direct comparison between the two, but honestly I cannot tell a difference if just switching back and forth between the two. This is just listening and enjoying, and they sound the same. Now if I was to test the two, I am sure something would be different between them, but honestly it isn't obvious. I use a pretty good amp with both, so the DAC should be more obvious in the chain. If I was upgrading, personally I would get the X7 and Sparkos and call it a day. I may sell my Mimby because I just don't need it for my needs. I will try it in my 2 channel setup first and it may just go there. 

The person who asked had a Cavalli amp, and that will work great with the X7. 

It may have been me. I've since gotten the doubles so I have a fully upgraded X7 with a Liquid Carbon v2. I don't think I'll need to upgrade, as it's a great sounding rig for music and gaming. I did add the electrostat ear pads to my Ether C Flow. These pads pryed open the soundstage on already spacious headphones and everything feels more open and accurate than my K702 Annies, but with incredible resolution, imaging, low end.

Apr 19, 2017 at 12:45 PM Post #2,518 of 3,608
It may have been me. I've since gotten the doubles so I have a fully upgraded X7 with a Liquid Carbon v2. I don't think I'll need to upgrade, as it's a great sounding rig for music and gaming. I did add the electrostat ear pads to my Ether C Flow. These pads pryed open the soundstage on already spacious headphones and everything feels more open and accurate than my K702 Annies, but with incredible resolution, imaging, low end.

I loved the X7 stock, but the Sparkos really made a difference. I am currently running Burson v5i op amps, burning them in before a review (100 hours recommended by Burson). Hoping they can get close to the Sparkos for half the price. Sparkos will still be king, but really hoping the Bursons can be a great lower priced option. 

I am having major back surgery next week. Once I get home I will have an insane amount of time to listen to music. A Mimby vs X7 battle will happen, and my setup will allow a quick flip of the input switch on my amp to go back and forth. No changing wires or headphones, just flip a switch. Very much looking forward to this, as I believe this is a very good comparison between similar priced options (Mimby is $250, X7 is $300 or less on sale, but includes a pretty good amp and is far more feature laden). This may be the most useful DAC comparison for people getting started, especially gamers worried about music SQ above all else. 

Apr 19, 2017 at 3:04 PM Post #2,519 of 3,608

I loved the X7 stock, but the Sparkos really made a difference. I am currently running Burson v5i op amps, burning them in before a review (100 hours recommended by Burson). Hoping they can get close to the Sparkos for half the price. Sparkos will still be king, but really hoping the Bursons can be a great lower priced option. 

I am having major back surgery next week. Once I get home I will have an insane amount of time to listen to music. A Mimby vs X7 battle will happen, and my setup will allow a quick flip of the input switch on my amp to go back and forth. No changing wires or headphones, just flip a switch. Very much looking forward to this, as I believe this is a very good comparison between similar priced options (Mimby is $250, X7 is $300 or less on sale, but includes a pretty good amp and is far more feature laden). This may be the most useful DAC comparison for people getting started, especially gamers worried about music SQ above all else. 

Hey there. How will you switch DACs so easily? An optical switcher? I'd like to be able to do the same comparisons. I have an X7, but I picked up a Mojo as well since I wanted to upgrade. It would be cool to A/B compare so I can see what the differences are, exactly, and justify the added expense. 

I think a Mimby vs X7 DAC comparison would be very interesting.

Good luck with your surgery!

Apr 19, 2017 at 4:06 PM Post #2,520 of 3,608

Hey there. How will you switch DACs so easily? An optical switcher? I'd like to be able to do the same comparisons. I have an X7, but I picked up a Mojo as well since I wanted to upgrade. It would be cool to A/B compare so I can see what the differences are, exactly, and justify the added expense. 

I think a Mimby vs X7 DAC comparison would be very interesting.

Good luck with your surgery!

I have an optical splitter, which takes one optical signal and splits it into 3 signals. It's powered so it doesn't lose signal. I also have an optical switcher, which takes 3 inputs and sends it out to one line, which I use for my PS4, Xbox One, and Blu-Ray player. 

My MicroZOTL 2 has two inputs. So I can have the Mimby and X7 connected at the same time, and select which one is active with the input switch. The optical splitter is fed into each DAC, with the same source. Flip a switch and I can go back and forth with the same source playing. It's really cool. The X7 also has the ability to send out an optical signal to another DAC, with or without VSS applied. That should work fine as well, but I think it is more scientific to do it the way I plan. Less worry about what the X7 is doing to the signal if I have something selected without knowing. 

Thanks, surgery is basically a redo of the fusion I had last year that didn't take. 3 months in a back brace and limited ability to walk much. Lots of sitting around, listening to music, movies, and gaming. I'm not complaining, it isn't as bad as it seems. I am just better prepared for it this time, lol. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back