Creative Sound Blaster X7 - Detailed Review & Impressions
Dec 21, 2016 at 7:38 AM Post #2,131 of 3,608
Thanks for the feedback guys.

Why would some of the default settings need to be changed? I thought if bit streaming the DD from the PS4 and using the DD mode on the X7 I wouldn't even use the SBX option on the unit. Or do any tweaks you make in the control panel also effect the DD mode as well?

All of the tweaks affect the DD signal. By default SBX is turned on, alongside Crystalizer and Bass Boost (separate tweak from the EQ). Crystalizer and Bass Boost should be turned off and only turned on after getting acquainted with the X7 as they affect the sound in a very artificial way.

Dec 21, 2016 at 7:58 AM Post #2,132 of 3,608
All of the tweaks affect the DD signal. By default SBX is turned on, alongside Crystalizer and Bass Boost (separate tweak from the EQ). Crystalizer and Bass Boost should be turned off and only turned on after getting acquainted with the X7 as they affect the sound in a very artificial way.

Thanks Yethal, I appreciate the help.

I would rather not add any further post processing and just use the DD bit stream from the source. This would mean I wouldn't even need to activate SBX, is that correct?

I do not want to sound whore or amplify footsteps via an EQ. Just a nice immersive surround sound DSP to the headphones.

Thanks again for replying.

Dec 21, 2016 at 9:06 AM Post #2,133 of 3,608
Thanks Yethal, I appreciate the help.

I would rather not add any further post processing and just use the DD bit stream from the source. This would mean I wouldn't even need to activate SBX, is that correct?

I do not want to sound whore or amplify footsteps via an EQ. Just a nice immersive surround sound DSP to the headphones.

Thanks again for replying.

In that case enable SBX, and the highest Dynamic Range and disable Crystalizer and Bass Boost.

Dec 21, 2016 at 11:33 AM Post #2,134 of 3,608
In that case enable SBX, and the highest Dynamic Range and disable Crystalizer and Bass Boost.

I think this is where I am getting confused (Dolby Digital vs Dolby Headphone). If I choose DD on the X7 I won't be getting a virtual surround DSP when using headphones? It would be stereo 2.0? The DD setting on the X7 is is for actual 5.1 speakers not headphones.

To get virtual surround with headphones, I would have to use the SBX mode?

Hope the question makes sense.

Dec 21, 2016 at 11:35 AM Post #2,135 of 3,608
I think this is where I am getting confused (Dolby Digital vs Dolby Headphone). If I choose DD on the X7 I won't be getting a virtual surround DSP when using headphones? It would be stereo 2.0? The DD setting on the X7 is is for actual 5.1 speakers not headphones.

To get virtual surround with headphones, I would have to use the SBX mode?

Hope the question makes sense.

You need to have SBX enabled and have DD as the source signal for the virtual surround to work.

Dec 23, 2016 at 9:57 AM Post #2,138 of 3,608
I have both, buy not installed yet. Hoping to do a write up on the different combos soon. Probably first week of the new year.

Dec 28, 2016 at 6:46 PM Post #2,139 of 3,608
Hey guys, anyone know how to get a microphone to work on a PS4 with the X7?
No issue on pc, or just using headphones on ps4 - but I'd like to use the X7 with my headphones as I use a mic on PS4 as well.

Dec 28, 2016 at 7:07 PM Post #2,140 of 3,608
  Hey guys, anyone know how to get a microphone to work on a PS4 with the X7?
No issue on pc, or just using headphones on ps4 - but I'd like to use the X7 with my headphones as I use a mic on PS4 as well.

Use Creative BT-W2 (or any chinese Bluetooth adapter labeled as PS4 compatible)

Dec 28, 2016 at 8:01 PM Post #2,141 of 3,608

Use Creative BT-W2 (or any chinese Bluetooth adapter labeled as PS4 compatible)

Yeah? Thanks, I'll look into that.

I remember seeing a post somewhere about using a y-splitter for headphone/mic, aux cable and rca cable to do it but I'm not sure if that was for Xbone, PS4, or where that post is.
I have all those cables so it would be my first choice.

Dec 29, 2016 at 2:13 AM Post #2,142 of 3,608
I am thinking about how to connect the audioengine hd6 to my pc...would I be able to use the rca output from my x7 to the speakers? Will this create an issue, since the speakers have their own remote/dac/amp? 

Would it be better if I use the x7 dac?

I have not yet bought the speakers...maybe passive is a better buy? I feel like the x7 might not be able to put out enough power for good speakers.

Dec 29, 2016 at 3:33 AM Post #2,143 of 3,608
I am thinking about how to connect the audioengine hd6 to my pc...would I be able to use the rca output from my x7 to the speakers? Will this create an issue, since the speakers have their own remote/dac/amp? 

Would it be better if I use the x7 dac?

I have not yet bought the speakers...maybe passive is a better buy? I feel like the x7 might not be able to put out enough power for good speakers.

The X7 LE powers my RBH R5Bis beautifully

Dec 30, 2016 at 7:37 PM Post #2,145 of 3,608
This image shows mic/headphone for PS4 use, I see use using the y splitter and rca cables, have both, what else is used here? Aux cable?

http://cdn.head-fi.org/6/6f/6f249630_P1080190.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back