Creative Sound Blaster X7 - Detailed Review & Impressions
Dec 4, 2016 at 9:39 PM Post #2,071 of 3,608
So has anyone found out the issue with static pops/hiccups/pauses/strange lags when playing WAV Files with the X7?  Several people complained about this on amazon and it prevents me from using my X7, because then I can't even play blitz chess on internet chess club due to sounds crackling or not playing after the first sound event.  No problems whatsoever with my PCIE X-fi, USB Beyerdynamic, GSX 1000 or even the onboard Realteks.  This is in windows 7.

Creative acts like there is no problem whatsoever.

Note: if you're playing something ELSE at the same time--e.g., a movie, a 3d video game, something on winamp, youtube, media player classic, anything, then wave files play perfectly, just as flawlessly as on the X-fi's.

When I first reported this issue last (!) year, Creative said they reproduced the problem and it was a DRIVER issue.  But ever since then, they keep saying that there's no problem at all (obviously a completely different group of people) :frowning2:  And I've literally spammed them about the issue and they blame me...?

Happens on both a desktop and laptop!

Dec 5, 2016 at 2:53 PM Post #2,072 of 3,608
Dec 5, 2016 at 4:40 PM Post #2,074 of 3,608
  So has anyone found out the issue with static pops/hiccups/pauses/strange lags when playing WAV Files with the X7?  Several people complained about this on amazon and it prevents me from using my X7, because then I can't even play blitz chess on internet chess club due to sounds crackling or not playing after the first sound event.  No problems whatsoever with my PCIE X-fi, USB Beyerdynamic, GSX 1000 or even the onboard Realteks.  This is in windows 7.

Creative acts like there is no problem whatsoever.

Note: if you're playing something ELSE at the same time--e.g., a movie, a 3d video game, something on winamp, youtube, media player classic, anything, then wave files play perfectly, just as flawlessly as on the X-fi's.

When I first reported this issue last (!) year, Creative said they reproduced the problem and it was a DRIVER issue.  But ever since then, they keep saying that there's no problem at all (obviously a completely different group of people) :frowning2:  And I've literally spammed them about the issue and they blame me...?

Happens on both a desktop and laptop!

Does the issue occur when the device is in Direct Mode?

Dec 6, 2016 at 1:04 PM Post #2,076 of 3,608
Dec 6, 2016 at 1:06 PM Post #2,077 of 3,608
Aside from the SS3601 I've also tried Burson V5i. A bit different sound signature but You may like it.

Sounded like you preferred the SS3601 better. Thanks for the reviews, very helpful!

Dec 6, 2016 at 2:10 PM Post #2,078 of 3,608
Sounded like you preferred the SS3601 better. Thanks for the reviews, very helpful!

SS3601 didn't color the sound as much as the Bursons.

Dec 6, 2016 at 8:28 PM Post #2,080 of 3,608
I'm satisfied with them. I think the sound is much cleaner and fuller/more satisfying compared to the stock op-amps.

I got the opa1612s including adapters and shipping at 48usd total from browndog. The opa627s I bought from element14 at 117sgd total.

I've had a look at the Element14 website (looking at the local Australian version of the website).

Not being all that aware of electronics, what are the differences between the OPA627APG4, OPA627AP, and OPA627BP op-amps?

Which one did you get?

Cheers :)

Dec 6, 2016 at 10:22 PM Post #2,081 of 3,608
I've had a look at the Element14 website (looking at the local Australian version of the website).

Not being all that aware of electronics, what are the differences between the OPA627APG4, OPA627AP, and OPA627BP op-amps?

Which one did you get?

Cheers :)

I'm not sure maybe some differences in electrical specs. I'm using the BP

Dec 7, 2016 at 7:12 PM Post #2,085 of 3,608
Does anyone have 5.1 through optical with the X7 working?
I have a JVC TH-G30 5.1 sound system with DTS/Dolby, one of the primary reasons I bought the X7 was to be able to have an all-in-one solution for headphones, 5.1 on PC and upgrading my PS4 sound.
So far, I just get sound out of the left and right speakers, as well as the subwoofer. I can turn on "MTRX" but that just gives the same sound through all speakers.
If anyone has some ideas, I'd be most thankful, this is driving me crazy. I'm un-sure if HDMI to my mobo through RealTek would work either, don't have an open hdmi currently.

Other than that, loving the X7.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back