Creative Sound Blaster X7 - Detailed Review & Impressions
Jun 25, 2016 at 4:07 AM Post #1,832 of 3,608
Really? How does it sound/what kind of audio is being output (2.0 PCM, 5.1PCM, etc)?

2.0 PCM only. PS4 doesn't support 5.1/7.1 output via USB.

Jun 26, 2016 at 2:43 AM Post #1,836 of 3,608

The Creative X7 only offers SBX-Sound in Games - so it´s a bad soundcard, you in you optinion?

I don't get your question. Did you mean to write "only 5.1 SBX"? If yes, then no, it's still the best SBX solution. G5's SBX is inferior right now. INFERIOR.

Jun 26, 2016 at 1:49 PM Post #1,837 of 3,608
Has anyone upgraded the power adapter? I have the standard edition and I'm not sure if it's worth upgrading the cord or not. I use headphones maybe 40% of the time and 60% of the time use the e-mu xm7 speakers. Not sure if there would be much increased quality at all with the speakers with a better adapter. Sounds like it makes little difference with the headphones. 

Jun 26, 2016 at 2:21 PM Post #1,838 of 3,608
  Has anyone upgraded the power adapter? I have the standard edition and I'm not sure if it's worth upgrading the cord or not. I use headphones maybe 40% of the time and 60% of the time use the e-mu xm7 speakers. Not sure if there would be much increased quality at all with the speakers with a better adapter. Sounds like it makes little difference with the headphones. 

I did, and I also use the E-MU XM7. The power adapter makes absolutely no difference with headphones but it does increase the dynamics of the speaker sound.

Jun 26, 2016 at 10:09 PM Post #1,840 of 3,608
It's hardto me to gauge because I bought the adapter together with the speakers and I replaced both the old speakers and the old adapter at the same time. I bought the official one.

Jun 30, 2016 at 7:59 AM Post #1,841 of 3,608
Powered speakers or unpowered speakers for the X7? 

I don't need to fill a room with sound. These speakers are going to be sitting 1 meter away from ears. 

What will be the difference between
I was looking at something like the powered Fostex PM0.3(B)
and 
unpowered Sony SS-CS5

I live in Japan and these two are pretty much priced the same. I am just using some 20$ Creative speakers and want a SLIGHT upgrade. Like I said I am using them on my desktop 1 meter from my head. Everyone is saying the X7 sound so much better with the upgraded AC adapters. So if I get unpowered speakers, thats even more cash in the equation. 

Jun 30, 2016 at 9:03 AM Post #1,843 of 3,608
  You really don't need powered, so I'd go with non powered as they're probably going to be cheaper. 

as far as I can tell, its the other way around. There are tons of fantastic powered speakers for around 100. 

All the decent unpowered seem to START at 100, but through another 100 for the upgraded AC adapter, or 50 for the 3rd party adapter. 

Jun 30, 2016 at 9:17 AM Post #1,845 of 3,608
  What do you mean upgraded adaptor? 

The x7 has TWO AC adapters. 
Just read the review on page 1. The OP states that the upgraded (more powerful) adapter poweres speakers much better. Just read through the comments. ON THIS PAGE "I did, and I also use the E-MU XM7. The power adapter makes absolutely no difference with headphones but it does increase the dynamics of the speaker sound." 

That is the general concusious around the web. If you want to run unpowered speakers you really need the extra more expensive adapter to make the speaker amp shine. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back