Creative Sound Blaster X7 - Detailed Review & Impressions
Jun 30, 2016 at 9:46 AM Post #1,847 of 3,608
  The x7 has TWO AC adapters. 
Just read the review on page 1. The OP states that the upgraded (more powerful) adapter poweres speakers much better. Just read through the comments. ON THIS PAGE "I did, and I also use the E-MU XM7. The power adapter makes absolutely no difference with headphones but it does increase the dynamics of the speaker sound." 

That is the general concusious around the web. If you want to run unpowered speakers you really need the extra more expensive adapter to make the speaker amp shine. 

Or You can just buy the speakers and then add the adapter later if You want. There's no need to buy both speakers and the adapter at the same time. Also remember that using the unpowered speakers means using one wall outlet instead of two.

Jul 3, 2016 at 3:51 AM Post #1,849 of 3,608
Im not sure its a issue or something up with my headphones, but whenever i turn on smart volume i can hear a clear static noise coming. Without smart volume its fine but i need to crank the volume lvl by 40-50%.

Im using brand new X7 ( the normal adapter one).

Jul 3, 2016 at 11:28 AM Post #1,850 of 3,608
X7 is on Massdrop again with the BT-W2 transceiver (which allows for PS4 hassle free voice chat)

https://www.massdrop.com/buy/creative-sound-blaster-x7-amp-dac-combo?mode=guest_open

Jul 4, 2016 at 6:06 AM Post #1,854 of 3,608
I need it for the hd800/Liquid Carbon :grin:

Y U DO DIS LENROOT??? U KNO ILL BE JEALOUS NOW.

On the more serious side, I've just found out that the Sennheiser BTD500 Bluetooth transmitter works with PS4 so it should work with the X7 too.

Jul 4, 2016 at 6:35 AM Post #1,855 of 3,608

Y U DO DIS LENROOT??? U KNO ILL BE JEALOUS NOW.

On the more serious side, I've just found out that the Sennheiser BTD500 Bluetooth transmitter works with PS4 so it should work with the X7 too.

The Sennheiser BTD500 is more expensive and bulkier than the Creative one in the UK. I couldn't tell the difference using my HyperX Cloud 2's between the controller and the X7 so am perfectly happy using a toslink cable anyway when I want speaker audio from the PS4 :) 

Yethal what games do you play on PS4 as well? :) 

Jul 4, 2016 at 10:47 PM Post #1,858 of 3,608
The Sennheiser BTD500 is more expensive and bulkier than the Creative one in the UK. I couldn't tell the difference using my HyperX Cloud 2's between the controller and the X7 so am perfectly happy using a toslink cable anyway when I want speaker audio from the PS4 :) 

Yethal what games do you play on PS4 as well? :) 

The bluetooth dongle isn't used for games sound, it's for chat audio. Using a bluetooth dongle is much more convenient than all other ways of implementing chat on the X7.

As for the games I'm on my third Bloodborne playthrough (currently cleaning out chalice dungeons). I also have mgs5 shelved.

Jul 5, 2016 at 8:10 AM Post #1,859 of 3,608
The bluetooth dongle isn't used for games sound, it's for chat audio. Using a bluetooth dongle is much more convenient than all other ways of implementing chat on the X7.

As for the games I'm on my third Bloodborne playthrough (currently cleaning out chalice dungeons). I also have mgs5 shelved.

Ohh okay so only the chat function goes through the bluetooth and the audio back is done via toslink still? 

Ohh cool I've not played either of those but I've heard they're good :D 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back