Creative Sound Blaster X7 - Detailed Review & Impressions
Jan 31, 2016 at 10:46 PM Post #1,426 of 3,608
There is no option for USB, under monitoring I have Mic-in, Line In, SPDIF-In, Bluetooth, and USB Host. None of these seem to affect my PC volume except "Speakers" which controls the overall volume of the x7. SPDIF-IN is maxed, but even so it's almost half the volume of my PC.

Now that You mentioned it, there really is no option of making inputs other then USB louder. Sorry for that.

You may be able to create different profiles in the Mixamp, and adjust the volume level there. I believe you can go into the equalizer and bump it up as much as 6db.

You just have to remember to switch profiles in the app when you switch devices.

Worth a shot, at least.

Feb 1, 2016 at 2:31 PM Post #1,427 of 3,608
This thing is popping and crackling like crazy recently when I am using the xbox app on my pc for chat and my xbox one at the same time. When I am just using one or the other seems like the cracks rarely happen, but when the device is receiving audio signals from 2 different devices at the same time it cracks/pops like crazy sometimes and other times its perfect.

Feb 1, 2016 at 10:56 PM Post #1,428 of 3,608
Is anyone outputting the X7 to a desktop amp with particularly good results? If so, which amp(s)? I'm looking to jump into the desktop amp game, and I don't love the unprocessed sound of the X7 for music. 

Thanks!

Feb 2, 2016 at 7:18 AM Post #1,429 of 3,608
desktop amp for speakers? or headphones?  I'm assuming you mean speakers because frankly, the x7 bests quite a lot of headphone amps (probably until you get into the more expensive stuff)

I'd say the x7 is at least comparable to my ifi ican, better than the my magni, better than my lyr2

Feb 2, 2016 at 10:01 AM Post #1,430 of 3,608
desktop amp for speakers? or headphones?  I'm assuming you mean speakers because frankly, the x7 bests quite a lot of headphone amps (probably until you get into the more expensive stuff)

I'd say the x7 is at least comparable to my ifi ican, better than the my magni, better than my lyr2

I'd agree with this. I think it sounds better than a lot of other desktop amps I have heard.

Shuto77, sounds like you want something coloured?

Feb 2, 2016 at 11:36 PM Post #1,431 of 3,608

I'd agree with this. I think it sounds better than a lot of other desktop amps I have heard.

Shuto77, sounds like you want something coloured?

I think I need to re-calibrate my brain. Over the last three months, I've turned my headphone inventory over three times. I need to get a handle on the sound signatures I like again. 

Or, I've just been bitten with upgrade-itis. It's a terrible disease around here. 

Feb 6, 2016 at 7:12 PM Post #1,432 of 3,608
So I just started having this problem, or at least was never aware of it until I got my new mechanical keyboard and headphones, but my amp is picking up audio from my desk and playing it through my headphones. Mostly clicks or physical things. I'm not hearing myself or audios or vocals or anything, but when typing on my keyboard I hear myself back in my headphones, if I put a glass down on my desk I hear the clink in my headphones. I was eating cereal the other day at my desk while reading some stuff and I had to take my headphones off because everytime my spoon touched the glass bowl I heard a horrible clink in my ears.

Any suggestions on how to solve this? I'm assuming it has to do with it sitting on my hard desk? Would putting a rubber mat under it help at all?

Feb 6, 2016 at 7:19 PM Post #1,433 of 3,608
  So I just started having this problem, or at least was never aware of it until I got my new mechanical keyboard and headphones, but my amp is picking up audio from my desk and playing it through my headphones. Mostly clicks or physical things. I'm not hearing myself or audios or vocals or anything, but when typing on my keyboard I hear myself back in my headphones, if I put a glass down on my desk I hear the clink in my headphones. I was eating cereal the other day at my desk while reading some stuff and I had to take my headphones off because everytime my spoon touched the glass bowl I heard a horrible clink in my ears.

Any suggestions on how to solve this? I'm assuming it has to do with it sitting on my hard desk? Would putting a rubber mat under it help at all?

I did not have that problem with my X7 and I also have a wooden desk. Does the issue occur if You put a towel under the X7?

Feb 6, 2016 at 7:25 PM Post #1,434 of 3,608
I actually got it figured out, somehow the internal mic on the X7 itself got renabled despite me having it turned down and muted previously. Feel like an idiot but I'm glad I got it figured out because I was losing my mind and didn't know what happened.

Feb 6, 2016 at 8:26 PM Post #1,435 of 3,608

I had similar issue before, but not with X7. It seems to be ground loop problem, you can Google it for detail. To solve it is to use USB isolator, to isolate the usb ground of the devices. I use Elfidelity AXF-101.

You can try to remove USB devices one by one to check which one is causing the problem. Try device that uses external power supply or use wall power. After you found it, you can isolate the usb connection using usb isolator.

Feb 6, 2016 at 8:27 PM Post #1,436 of 3,608
I actually got it figured out, somehow the internal mic on the X7 itself got renabled despite me having it turned down and muted previously. Feel like an idiot but I'm glad I got it figured out because I was losing my mind and didn't know what happened.

I see. Glad you found the fix!

Feb 7, 2016 at 2:30 AM Post #1,437 of 3,608

Lol, and here we are recommending USB filtering and shock dampening.

Feb 11, 2016 at 12:44 PM Post #1,439 of 3,608
This delay from Massdrop with the X7 is killing me. I want to set it up, and start gaming with it already. 

Kind of Off-Topic: This is my first order through Massdrop, but are they prone to having delays like this? The expected ship date was supposed to be the 5th, and now they're telling us to check for an update on the 15th.

Feb 11, 2016 at 12:57 PM Post #1,440 of 3,608
Is there anything that could compare to this in a lower price range. I currently use my a40 mix amp. I'm willing to upgrade, but I was wondering if there was anything comparable to this but less expensive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back