Creative Sound Blaster X7 - Detailed Review & Impressions
Jul 18, 2015 at 7:59 AM Post #662 of 3,608
How to setup line-in, SPDIF-in at 24-bit/192kHz in Windows?

When I set the default format as 2 channel 24 bit, 192khz in  SPDIT in properties tab, it always fails and says the device doesn't support this format.

Jul 18, 2015 at 10:08 AM Post #663 of 3,608
  How to setup line-in, SPDIF-in at 24-bit/192kHz in Windows?

When I set the default format as 2 channel 24 bit, 192khz in  SPDIT in properties tab, it always fails and says the device doesn't support this format.

Did you set it to 'Direct Mode' ?

Jul 18, 2015 at 12:19 PM Post #665 of 3,608
Jul 18, 2015 at 10:35 PM Post #666 of 3,608
Jul 18, 2015 at 11:54 PM Post #667 of 3,608
I'm getting some electrical buzzing noise every couple of minutes from my X7. It comes through on both speakers and headphones and can be recorded, meaning even the system seems to hear the noise ( meaning this is an issue happening before it gets to the speaker/headphones? ) Here's a link to 30 seconds of audio with the buzz noise:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8WhCbIKGPA&feature=youtu.be

Does anyone have an idea as to what may be causing this? It's very distracting. Buzzing seems to go away in direct mode, but when using effects such as surround sound or crystalizer, the buzzing returns. I'm using the latest control panel and firmware update.

Things I have tried to resolve the issue so far:

Muting all levels under the playback device other than Speakers.
Disabling onboard audio in bios. 
Moving from a USB 3.0 to a USB 2.0 port.
Disabling all playblack and recording devices other than the X7.

Jul 19, 2015 at 2:31 AM Post #669 of 3,608
How to prevent "Power Saving Mode"? I use SPDIF in to play the audio from another PC, and also use Direct Mode(SPDIF-In). X7 can play the sound, but it will go to "Power Saving Mode" after 15 mins. I suppose it cause there is no action/or input from USB. Is there any way to solve it?

Jul 19, 2015 at 8:20 AM Post #670 of 3,608
Under your system properties you can untick this under power management.

Right-click/select on My Computer > Choose Manage and authorise > Device Manager > USB Hubs and once you find the correct hub the X7 is attached to go to power management and deselect the option.

Jul 19, 2015 at 9:01 AM Post #671 of 3,608
Under your system properties you can untick this under power management.

Right-click/select on My Computer > Choose Manage and authorise > Device Manager > USB Hubs and once you find the correct hub the X7 is attached to go to power management and deselect the option.

unselected "Allow the computer to turn off this device to saving power" of the USB Root Hub for X7, but it's still go to"Power saving mode". I think X7 goes to "Power savning mode" by itself.

Jul 19, 2015 at 1:20 PM Post #672 of 3,608
Sorry I'm not sure whether that's a hardware or software problem then, although I imagine that you can disable it through software. Try the Creative support for an answer.

Some are saying this is a hardware/software 'inconvenience' although as yet I can't point you in the direction of a way to fix this.

Jul 19, 2015 at 10:59 PM Post #673 of 3,608
sorry for a late post..but would these be ok with powered studio monitor speakers? I recently bought JBL lsr305 and a B&w P7.. I need a good DAC and some sort of headphone amplifier and looks like this fits the bill!

Jul 20, 2015 at 4:02 AM Post #674 of 3,608
Sorry I'm not sure whether that's a hardware or software problem then, although I imagine that you can disable it through software. Try the Creative support for an answer.

Some are saying this is a hardware/software 'inconvenience' although as yet I can't point you in the direction of a way to fix this.

Someone said it's bug of new FW. Hope it can be fixed in next release.

Jul 20, 2015 at 4:55 AM Post #675 of 3,608
I'm getting some electrical buzzing noise every couple of minutes from my X7. It comes through on both speakers and headphones and can be recorded, meaning even the system seems to hear the noise ( meaning this is an issue happening before it gets to the speaker/headphones? ) Here's a link to 30 seconds of audio with the buzz noise:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8WhCbIKGPA&feature=youtu.be

Does anyone have an idea as to what may be causing this? It's very distracting. Buzzing seems to go away in direct mode, but when using effects such as surround sound or crystalizer, the buzzing returns. I'm using the latest control panel and firmware update.

Things I have tried to resolve the issue so far:

Muting all levels under the playback device other than Speakers.
Disabling onboard audio in bios. 
Moving from a USB 3.0 to a USB 2.0 port.
Disabling all playblack and recording devices other than the X7.

Doesn't sound good ! Have you tried in another device like a laptop to see if you get the same issue ? Worth a try so you can eliminate it down to the X7.

Maybe worth doing what Creative told me to do & rewrite the firmware, the last page MLE walked me through this.

A couple things to try !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back