Creative Sound Blaster X7 - Detailed Review & Impressions
May 3, 2018 at 9:27 AM Post #2,941 of 3,608
I notice there is no option in the mixer settings to mute or adjust the audio coming from the PC, is this possible like it is to adjust optical, bluetooth, usb etc volume?

Also I notice that if I turn the X7 on with the PC, sometimes it messes around with the settings causing the volume to go to 100 and unmute the internal mic causing audio feedback. Is this fixed in the latest firmware as I'm always worried that this could damage my speakers especially since they are very loud at around 30

Anybody?

May 3, 2018 at 11:21 AM Post #2,943 of 3,608
The volume control on the X7 becomes the PC's volume control.

To change the PC volume you also change the X7's volume.

Yes and that what allows me to use a Flirc to control the volume on the X7 using any IR remote other than the bluetooth app which is slow and the misses can't use. A good replacement for anyone to control the volume however the PC has to be on for this to work which I don't mind as you say, the X7 becomes the PC volume.

I just thought there might have been a way to temporarily mute windows sounds while using this method. I would get windows update popup sounds or other sounds if someone is using the machine.

May 3, 2018 at 12:00 PM Post #2,944 of 3,608
Yes and that what allows me to use a Flirc to control the volume on the X7 using any IR remote other than the bluetooth app which is slow and the misses can't use. A good replacement for anyone to control the volume however the PC has to be on for this to work which I don't mind as you say, the X7 becomes the PC volume.

I just thought there might have been a way to temporarily mute windows sounds while using this method. I would get windows update popup sounds or other sounds if someone is using the machine.
You can set a different default audio device to stop that from happening.

May 3, 2018 at 12:01 PM Post #2,945 of 3,608
I just thought there might have been a way to temporarily mute windows sounds while using this method.

The X7 takes all sounds fed to it and plays them as far as I know.

May 3, 2018 at 12:04 PM Post #2,946 of 3,608
I just thought there might have been a way to temporarily mute windows sounds while using this method.

You can set a different default audio device to stop that from happening.

I use CheVolume app to let me choose different audio outputs for different apps - that maybe an option?

May 3, 2018 at 8:16 PM Post #2,947 of 3,608
I've had my X7 for a month or so but now I noticed that on my Mac when set to the default 44.1khz, audio is crackling and popping on mid to high sounds.
If I set the output to be 48khz, the crackling disappeared from the one song that shows it always on 44.1khz. On Windows, it didn't crackle but I forgot to check the
sample rate Windows sets by default. Also the same song doesn't show the crackling when
played on lower bitrate... Spotify normal doesn't have crackling but Apple Music and Tidal do for the same song, played from mac output directly none have the crackling

Running the latest firmware. Any suggestions? Or should I just stick it to 48khz and live with it?
I would make a suggestion should you still want to keep on SBX full time. I have the same issue with the USB and SBX enabled. The only workaround I found is to use the toslink audio input. Then SBX works for me with no popping.

Just had tried the USB with the new firmware but issue persists. I usually just keep the X7 as a standalone unit, no USB. And control X7 via phone app.

May 7, 2018 at 12:15 AM Post #2,948 of 3,608
I was hoping to get some clarification on the x7 surround pro's audio channel requirements. On soundblaster website I believe it mentions the surround pro sbx can either have a stereo or multichannel source. However I had read elsewhere sbx surround needs a multichannel 5.1 source to function properly.

Thanks

May 8, 2018 at 3:58 PM Post #2,949 of 3,608
That direct mode is amazing and solved all interference issues with usb connection. Thank you. Of course when direct mode is off with usb the interference comes back.
I plan to just keep using headphones with the direct mode anyways as that is the best setup. For the life of me I cannot figure out why I only have usb interference without direct mode. Any ideas what that could be?

May 14, 2018 at 4:16 PM Post #2,951 of 3,608
Why there is a static white noise after I finish one album/whole song playing?

The noise is only there when I use Direct Mode, and it dissappear when I touch the volume on X7/windows, its not a big issue because I do not hear the noise while playing music, its only when song is complete, anyone experiencing this noise??

Last edited:
May 18, 2018 at 1:54 PM Post #2,952 of 3,608
Why there is a static white noise after I finish one album/whole song playing?

Try a different USB port? Or any reason to run direct?

My news, just ordered a set of Sparko's

May 20, 2018 at 4:20 PM Post #2,955 of 3,608
XM7 performs pretty well, but it's not for bass lover but luckily X7 has the option to use active subwoofer, so you can enjoy your movies/games with 5.1 surround setup.
DSC_0544 - Copy.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back