Creative Sound Blaster new series Z, Zx & ZxR
Jul 16, 2014 at 11:29 PM Post #2,251 of 3,462

I don't know much about the asus cards but I wouldn't recommend the Z because of the subpar positioning in FPS games for these series. I would say either listen to your friend or find an xfi xtremegamer on ebay for under $60.

I see, I dont get the hype for this sound card if the  positioning in FPS games is subpar...what do you guys think about USB sound cards btw, like  the Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi

Jul 17, 2014 at 2:27 AM Post #2,252 of 3,462

I don't know much about the asus cards but I wouldn't recommend the Z because of the subpar positioning in FPS games for these series. I would say either listen to your friend or find an xfi xtremegamer on ebay for under $60.

But then the result is different for different people as one person might like CMSS3D and another Dolby headphone or SBX surround headphone. That what make it hard for alot of people to pick between the 3 as they wont know if they like it til they try it.

Jul 17, 2014 at 12:50 PM Post #2,254 of 3,462

Why do you say subpar? I think SBX really helps with games that support 5.1. It makes the game more immersive. I use a soundblaster OMNI which is a usb version of the Z.

Jul 17, 2014 at 4:47 PM Post #2,258 of 3,462
I think you are confusing SBX (sound processing) with ZxR (sound card). My $60 usb OMNI does SBX processing, as well as the entire soundblaster z line.

That's not really relevant unless you could use both SBX and CMSS3d on the ZXR. But you can't. Therefore the ZXR's surround sound positioning is inferior to the xtremegamer because the ZXR uses SBX and the xtremegamer uses CMSS3d.

Jul 17, 2014 at 5:50 PM Post #2,259 of 3,462
  That's not really relevant unless you could use both SBX and CMSS3d on the ZXR. But you can't. Therefore the ZXR's surround sound positioning is inferior to the xtremegamer because the ZXR uses SBX and the xtremegamer uses CMSS3d.

But it all up to the person tho, as not ever one will share thet same results as you did with sbx and CMSS3D, Just because you don't like it, do not mean every one doesn't. Because that all it really matter's, is what sound good to the said person. As there many people that perfer one over another.  I used all 3, CMSS3D headphone, Dolby Headphone and SBX surround and I find my self preferring SBX over CMSS3D and of course I had it config correctly in windows control panel to 7.1 with X-Fi and games and 5.1 with SBX surround headphone. As I didn't like what CMSS3D headphone did to the bass as it made it had too much kick and for me SBX did a better job in FPS games that I tried, in fact I got done playing Xcom Fps game with it and with SBX surround on 67%, it did a great job thru my audio setup, which the X-FI XG CMSS3D didn't and this is my results,like i said every one results will be different because of the Source/amp and headphones that there using which will also effect thet way all 3 will perform, as for sound cards like ZXR and STX etc, the default op-amps sound signature will come into play too. My Bifrost uber and my little dot mK 2 2.0 with The tubes I using and my Headphones gave me results that different then yours if you get what I trying to say.

Jul 17, 2014 at 11:03 PM Post #2,260 of 3,462

Because it's a $250 card that performs worse in surround sound positioning than a $60 xtremegamer.

I was talking about the sound blaster Z which goes for 80$ ---> SBX technology
and the Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi XtremeGamer also goes 80$ ---> X-Fi CMSS-3D technology

Anyone care to compare these too because I googled a bit and I have no idea tbh I am not too good with these stuff lol.

it says in your profile you play cs 1.6, I also play cs:go so you probably know exactly what I want, bare in mind I listen to a lot of music so I don't want it only for gaming, also I plan to switch between my headphones and my 5.1 speakers.

Why do you say subpar? I think SBX really helps with games that support 5.1. It makes the game more immersive. I use a soundblaster OMNI which is a usb version of the Z.

Can you comment more on the USB sound card, I was told that they are inferior in general to normal sound cards, also can I connect both my speakers and my headphones to the sound card.

Jul 17, 2014 at 11:41 PM Post #2,261 of 3,462
the Z card let you plug in both 5.1 speakers and headphone's while the X-FI Gamer would make you unplug your speakers, unless you plug your headphone thru the case and that wouldn't be a good idea. The Z has benefits tho like it headphone amp in case you get headphones that benefit from being amp. If your in the USA, amazon and ebay usually have the Z for 45-49 used, Even the omni is around the same price used, which I got mine for.

Jul 18, 2014 at 12:31 AM Post #2,263 of 3,462
  so in my case the Z would be the better choice here ?

yea since you mentioned you wanna plug in both your 5.1 speakers and your headphones at the same time.Without having to unplug one and another.

Jul 18, 2014 at 11:54 AM Post #2,264 of 3,462

It's relevant.
Also, don't go around speaking as though CMSS3D > SBX = FACT. It isn't. That's your opinion and that's your taste, which is all cool and dandy but it IS NOT a fact.

I'd personally say DH > CMSS3D too, but that's just because I like DH more and it doesn't mean DH is better.

Jul 18, 2014 at 6:30 PM Post #2,265 of 3,462

CS:GO 

this video demonstrates the problem, and i talk about all surround softares. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mjad_V8ZAHo&feature=youtu.be

is what other valve games have this problem ?

17 JUL 2014 - 
cs_blog_tag.png

[OVERPASS]
- Fixed the A box not having its clip brush enabled.
- Fixed some unfair peek and boost spots around the map.
- Added some clip brushes to smooth movement.
- Fixed the sign decal on the bank.
- Thanks AreUhungry.

[GAMEPLAY]
Fixed a surround spatialization issue caused by not handling angle wraparound properly at 0/360. ( thanks derpylurker )

[MISC]
- Fixed a networking regression with M4A1-S when fired by a player who is not the owner of original item.
- Fixed M4A4 | Howl showing as the wrong quality in GOTV streams.
- Fixed decay lerp on non-default crosshairs, crosshairstyle 5 now decays linearly and is now frame-rate independent.
- Fixed equipped collectible items not networking correctly for other players.[/quote]

fixed ! :D :D 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back