Creative Sound Blaster new series Z, Zx & ZxR
Sep 17, 2013 at 3:54 PM Post #977 of 3,462
Agreed^

Ds3d and openal games should always be played with the original api's 3d sound instead of premixed surround.

At which point sbx surround should disable itself anyways.

:frowning2: how I miss the old days...

Update:

Skipshrike, take a look at my sound blaster z surround guide I posted on over clock.net a while back. Should help u setup certain things properly a little better. Sorry didn't mention it in the pm.

http://www.overclock.net/t/1337761/creative-sound-blaster-z-zx-zxr-series/570#post_20621001

Also forget the part about the disabling "give applications exclusive mode..." Option. Its a requirement for some programs to run in wasapi exclusive.

Sep 17, 2013 at 5:17 PM Post #978 of 3,462
Hmm, I'll see what I can figure out with it.

Sep 17, 2013 at 10:17 PM Post #979 of 3,462
Lol ya I was implying the sensitivity too. Not just the ohms. This headphone line is notorious for being picky with equipment. I know they went ahead and tuned the new drivers to be 3db more sensitive or something I believe. Perhaps that's it.

I'll compare specs, and I won't even have to use the internets: still got both boxes. Oh, and you heard right, but extra details are that it was the bass boosted by +3 dB.

Sep 21, 2013 at 11:52 AM Post #981 of 3,462
I'll compare specs, and I won't even have to use the internets: still got both boxes. Oh, and you heard right, but extra details are that it was the bass boosted by +3 dB.

Just fyi, I checked my AKG boxes, the K712 and Q701 have the same impedance and sensitivity ratings. So... I dunno. Gonna have to try some Xbox with the Recon3D and the headphones plugged straight in.

Sep 25, 2013 at 12:02 AM Post #984 of 3,462
Which one?

Zxr has pretty much same components. Difference being the dsps used. Sound quality would be the same but I'm not sure if the sound signature is the same as they might have used different op amps.

Z is slightly lower components however they are by no means bad. Still really good DAC and an ok headamp for the price.

Same software features.

You might also consider the virtual surround used. Dolby Headphones vs SBX surround.

Sep 25, 2013 at 9:03 AM Post #985 of 3,462
i think so,they posted the first review also on Sony 1R and Sony XB600 & XB800 headphones.thanks
10.gif

Sep 26, 2013 at 2:57 PM Post #986 of 3,462
I'm thinking of getting the Sound Blaster Z but I have read some people saying that low impedance headphones are just too loud, even at very low volume settings in windows. I am about to get a Sony MA900, which has a very low impedance (12 ohm). Is this a good soundcard/headphone combo? Also, I would like to know if there's any difference on suing the sound card's headphone jack or my case's front panel jack using the HD Audio connection.

Sep 28, 2013 at 1:00 PM Post #988 of 3,462
I did saw it. but no problem :D....my doubt is more in the fact that you cannot change the gain in the Z like you can in the ZxR. Actually I think I'm going to get the Fidelio X1s instead of the Sony, so even though the still have a low impedance (30 ohm), it's not the 12 ohm of the ma900s. It could still be a problem but maybe not as bad as before.

Sep 28, 2013 at 3:41 PM Post #989 of 3,462
Its sensitivity is 104 dB/mW so you probably* will not have issues with the volume.

*since I have no idea how it will actually sound but that's quite a bit less than HD 595.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back