Creative SB Z vs Audigy FX vs some Xonar cards
Feb 12, 2014 at 8:09 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

sonic2911

100+ Head-Fier
Gonna upgrade my sound card, using thì x-fi xtremegamer fatal1ty pro now, but the driver is s*ck with windows 8.1 -,- and it's not good for music, sound too bright and sibilant. Which is the best of 3 options: Z, Audigy FX and some Xonar cards.
Thanks
/just use headphone only

Feb 13, 2014 at 3:51 PM Post #4 of 6
The value of a sound card is what virtual surround sound it uses. Listen to these audio tracks and pick what VSS you like best. Then pick a sound card that has that VSS.

That may be the case for some people but not all ... and the OP did say for when listening to music. I don't play Fps games and so VSS holds little appeal to me as I'd never use it when listening to music.

To the Op- unless you have high impedance headphones sound cards are generally not the best solution for music. I'd keep your card if you use VSS for gaming and buy an external DAC/headphone amp to add to your chain to have a more versatile set up that would do both well.

Feb 13, 2014 at 7:43 PM Post #5 of 6
That may be the case for some people but not all ... and the OP did say for when listening to music. I don't play Fps games and so VSS holds little appeal to me as I'd never use it when listening to music.

To the Op- unless you have high impedance headphones sound cards are generally not the best solution for music. I'd keep your card if you use VSS for gaming and buy an external DAC/headphone amp to add to your chain to have a more versatile set up that would do both well.

yup, i dont play video games so much so i want something good in music. I like the fatal1ty card but the driver and setting are so bad in windows 8.1, so i want another better card.
  The value of a sound card is what virtual surround sound it uses. Listen to these audio tracks and pick what VSS you like best. Then pick a sound card that has that VSS.

thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back