Creative Aurvana Live! vs Superlux HD 668 B (vs possibly Sennheiser PX 100/200 ii)
Jan 2, 2012 at 3:46 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

bmoorthamers

New Head-Fier
Good Day!

As this is my first ever post here; a little introduction! For those non-caring but willing to help me, skip the first two paragraphs ;p Man, I get addicted so easily whenever I see a forum as enthusiastic as this one. Kind of reminds me of watchuseek, a forum on watches, which made me buy like 5 pieces in a couple of weeks. You don't really need it, but you want it :wink:

Seems like headphone-gear renders the same effect! I once got Philips SHL8800's for christmas 2010, headphones of which I thought they were fine. However, they broke some time ago, and going back to my standard Apple iPod buds sucks. Seeing as how many big-sized headphones I broke over the years in a bag (mostly cables hanging everywhere), I thought of going for in-ears this time. I love googling like crazy to find something that lives to the bang-of-the-buck principle. This way, I ended up buying Brainwavz M4's. Still awaiting them, excited! My taste of music differs from time to time and genre to genre. At the moment I listen a lot of Indie/Rock, but I do however like to go back to my old roots of dubstep, dance, and D&B quite a lot. I read that M4's bass may be a bit low compared to the M2's, so I'm awaiting to see how that turns out. I'm not buying two IEM's right of the bat, I don't see any use in that (the head-fi bug is tickling me, but has yet to bite :wink:). But since the M4's turned out to be pleasantly cheap (44,5USD/32EUR), and are probably still occupied with travelling from HongKong to The Netherlands in the next 3 weeks, I want to buy something that will sound maybe a tad more suitable for dance/d&b/dub, (I assume you could say these have bass? That's another thing, I don't really know what is "a lot of bass" or not, I have yet to get a feeling of comparison). I'd like something for home/long travel use as well, something bigger. On to the full-size market!

Based on a lot of random googling, not being an expert on head-fi terms, I first stopped at the Sennheiser PX 100/200ii, not knowing what to choose between those two, and not being utterly convinced by either one of those. Some googling later, and finding this thread (http://www.head-fi.org/t/433318/shootout-96-portable-headphones-reviewed-v-moda-m-80-added-11-27-11), I think the Creative Aurvana Live! and Superlux HD 668B are much, much better than the Sennheisers. Also, they are cheaper. 51EUR for the CAL! and around 40-45-ish for the SHD668B. I realise that not many of you have the CAL!, but maybe you experienced it somewhere else/you know from others.

That's it basically.. First of all, am I correct thinking I want a more bass-oriented headphone next, and which of these two (or the Senns?) is the best?

Thanks! Love your forum. On to many more :wink:

Bruno

Users who are viewing this thread

Back