Creative Aurvana Live! 2 Review and Mods
Oct 9, 2015 at 1:23 AM Post #32 of 36
  These broke. May I know another model that sound just like the CAL2. I wish CAL2 is durable. The speaker works but the headband breaks

Well I have two pairs of CAL 2s for about a year. One heavily used as work everyday, and the other moderately used at home. Both pairs are in good working order. I sympathize with your experience but I think you're drawing conclusions and bailing out too early. You may have had a defective pair that could no longer hold together. It happens! No need to panic! I recommend just buying another pair of CAL 2s. There really isn't another like it in it's price range. I just noticed the price as dropped $40 on Amazon since I bought mine.

If you really want the next closest thing with similar sound and better build quality, then check out the Bowers & Wilkins P7, but see now you're paying $200 more.

Oct 13, 2015 at 8:42 PM Post #33 of 36
having it for few months, doesn't seem to break as fast as cal1 did

Jan 15, 2017 at 1:54 PM Post #35 of 36
Im so very sorry to necro this thread but im really curious in wich cable dan.gheorghe used to improve cal2 sound..is it the offficial hd598 cable?
i have the same problems he had b4 replacing the cable, muffle sound, recessed mids and treble...i want to change the cable one but i dont know wich to buy, or if it should be just ofc or better a occ.
i was just reading the posts and they were a like 3 recommended cables but they are all 1.2m and i need a 2.5m one, but also trustworthy in means of sound quality.
So...is this one a good cable?
https://www.amazon.es/gp/product/B00UOM6TBS/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
edited: answered via private, thank you dan!

Apr 19, 2017 at 1:07 AM Post #36 of 36
Can someone tell me if there is an easy way to turn broken CAL V1's back into headphones? I've got TWO.
Both broke between the headband and the caliper, I've had a hard time recommending these to people due to fragility. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back