creative aurvana dj heaphones - $34.99 + shipping
May 10, 2008 at 11:50 AM Post #2 of 24
Wasn't almost all of the stuff that creative does utter crap?

I won't forget the issue with the creative soundcards and the purposely screwed driver software for win vista and xp....

That being saig, they can go to hell.

May 10, 2008 at 1:35 PM Post #3 of 24
And how do that suppose to help the thread starter.

Any way there not worth the 35 dollars.

I sure theres other headphones around the price that does worth the 35 dollars. I think some of the sennisher line are around 35 dollars if you look around.

May 10, 2008 at 3:51 PM Post #4 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by zaero69 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

have to say i got mine the other week, and i would agree with the above comment, although i probably wouldn't have been so strong in my summation. give them a miss!

May 11, 2008 at 10:34 PM Post #6 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by filipelli /img/forum/go_quote.gif
There are better ways to spend that $35. (Two pairs of ksc75, px100, etc)

i would go that far, but at the £60 (UK RRP) i would be seriously hacked off. At ....£20...they bearable.

May 12, 2008 at 1:34 AM Post #7 of 24
lol ouch, that bad.
smily_headphones1.gif

May 12, 2008 at 2:06 AM Post #8 of 24
Quote:

I won't forget the issue with the creative soundcards and the purposely screwed driver software for win vista and xp....

I'm still curious about the Foster-built Aurvana Live, but, not $110 curious.

May 12, 2008 at 3:58 AM Post #9 of 24
Quote:

lol that's a tat unfair innit? considering their ep630 is a decent pair of phones for its price of $20. and that creative still makes the best gaming soundcards....

May 12, 2008 at 9:09 AM Post #10 of 24
Maybe that's where i've been going wrong. Maybe their headphones are meant to compliment their sound cards, because the HQ1700 and the aurvana DJ headphones, aren't much cop in the real world.

May 12, 2008 at 10:10 PM Post #11 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by athenaesword /img/forum/go_quote.gif
creative still makes the best gaming soundcards....

When you buy out your competitors and make the only remaining standard proprietary, it's not hard to be make the "best" (read: only) gaming sound cards. Now that Asus is on the scene with their EAX 5 capable drivers though, Creative better get its act together, 'cause that's one company they ain't buying out.

Aug 15, 2008 at 2:06 AM Post #12 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by CingKrab /img/forum/go_quote.gif
When you buy out your competitors and make the only remaining standard proprietary, it's not hard to be make the "best" (read: only) gaming sound cards. Now that Asus is on the scene with their EAX 5 capable drivers though, Creative better get its act together, 'cause that's one company they ain't buying out.

you mean hacked, proprietary drivers that spoof being EAX 5 compatable?

and they bought out Aureal, they didn't buy out VIA, C-Media, Realtek, Cirrus, Yamaha, Onkyo, M-Audio, Hercules, and so on, so you can't really say they bought out the competition, they just bought Aureal (after Aureal went bankrupt due to its own fault, not due to Creative) and integrated A3D into EAX

as far as "only remaining standard", you mean OpenAL, or DirectSound 3D, or DirectSound, or what? oh EAX? you mean the extensions for Direct3D that Creative writes the majority of the specification for, and opened up to various other hardware manufacturers (given that, lets see, VIA and C-Media chips handle it just fine), but other hardware manufacturers are unwilling/incapable of designing more powerful hardware to handle the extra processing required by EAX 3 and beyond (excepting Asus)

and even with the Xonar D2 and D2X on the market, the X-Fi still kicks their teeth in performance wise, because, its got more processing power (owed to being a real processor, and not a hacked up C-Media chip) and onboard memory, along with other "help outs" that its got

and the "purposely screwed drivers for win vista", again, thats not Creative, thats Microsoft (sticking it to Creative) refusing to integrate EAX and other crap into Vista, and refusing to be flexible with its new driver model, Creative, just like the other few hundred independent hardware vendors, have felt this in big ways (Creative is far from the only company to have issues with Vista, and they've actually handled it with workarounds faster, and better than companies such as ATi, nVidia, Ageia, M-Audio, VIA, etc, some of whom still can't claim Windows Vista compatability)

that whole rant aside, I only found this thread looking for info on the Aurvana headphones, which are $30 atm from Creative on a back-to-school promotion, apparently they aren't the best sounding though?

Aug 15, 2008 at 4:47 AM Post #15 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by obobskivich /img/forum/go_quote.gif
honestly I don't really like creative, I just dislike the gross ignorance towards creative that seems to be a constant on the boards, like the majority of this thread's comments

thankyou! \bored of creative bashing

Users who are viewing this thread

Back