creative aurvana dj heaphones - $34.99 + shipping
Aug 15, 2008 at 4:47 AM Post #16 of 24
I believe the Aurvana Live! are the same thing as Denon D1001k with a different look and cable?

Aug 15, 2008 at 6:21 AM Post #17 of 24
Aug 16, 2008 at 5:59 PM Post #21 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by obobskivich /img/forum/go_quote.gif
honestly I don't really like creative, I just dislike the gross ignorance towards creative that seems to be a constant on the boards, like the majority of this thread's comments

No. This time it's a well known issue. They purposely made crippled drivers for win vista in a certain x-fi series. A guy fixed the problem and then they threw the legal department to that dude for hacking the drivers. The interesting part is that this guy showed that they were actively disabling settings/options in their vista drivers (as opposed to the XP versions), thus encouraging you to "upgrade" your card to a more recent and supported one. That was for me the last straw. Last piece of dignity they supposedly had went to hell. Goodbye, creative. I'll stick with any other company that doesn't make me think i'm a stupid.

Aug 16, 2008 at 7:31 PM Post #22 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by dcpoor /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i don't remember seeing any reviews or comments for these, so i dunno if they're any good or worth the $35.

Creative Labs Aurvana DJ Headphones 51MZ0320AA002 at TigerDirect.com

I own these... at least someone in my family foolishly went to buy a pair

in short they suck. You are probably better off with ibuds

go and find yourself some grado 60s or something

Aug 18, 2008 at 1:59 AM Post #23 of 24
lol i've got much better headphones than SR-60's, I was just curious because at $30 it might be my new "junk around" pair

as far as creative intentionally "crippling drivers", i'm guessing you're probably talking about downgrading features for the EMU10k based X-fi branded boards (like the earliest, cheap ass ones) for Vista, as a result of Vista not supporting various driver toys that Creative wanted to implement, its well documented that Creative will actually deliniate SKUs merely with driver and firmware updates, and crying over that is just nonsense

as far as driver incompatability with vista, yes, it is known, they also provided ALchemy to work around the EAX-not-supported issues after filing a cease & desist to 3rd party users creating such solutions (and thats their right as a company, you agree to a EULA as far as their drivers and software goes, and it basically says its theirs to maintain, people REALLY need to stop crying and whining "oh facists" just because a company excercises its legal rights (and if you really wanna see some irony, see how many of these people cry and whine when they try to excercise rights they don't have))

Sep 24, 2008 at 10:44 PM Post #24 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by obobskivich /img/forum/go_quote.gif
you mean hacked, proprietary drivers that spoof being EAX 5 compatable?

There's no other way to support EAX above 2.0 because Creative does not license EAX 3, 4 or 5.

Quote:

and they bought out Aureal, they didn't buy out VIA, C-Media, Realtek, Cirrus, Yamaha, Onkyo, M-Audio, Hercules, and so on, so you can't really say they bought out the competition, they just bought Aureal (after Aureal went bankrupt due to its own fault, not due to Creative) and integrated A3D into EAX

Right, and the lawsuits that Creative launched against Aureal that cost them loads of money to defend was "not due to Creative", right?

Also, none of the companies you mention had/have a competing technology against EAX.

Quote:

as far as "only remaining standard", you mean OpenAL, or DirectSound 3D, or DirectSound, or what? oh EAX? you mean the extensions for Direct3D that Creative writes the majority of the specification for, and opened up to various other hardware manufacturers (given that, lets see, VIA and C-Media chips handle it just fine), but other hardware manufacturers are unwilling/incapable of designing more powerful hardware to handle the extra processing required by EAX 3 and beyond (excepting Asus)

Not too lazy, but because it's impossible. Again, Creative does NOT license EAX 3, 4, or 5 unless you buy their chipset, which is what Auzentech has done.

Quote:

and even with the Xonar D2 and D2X on the market, the X-Fi still kicks their teeth in performance wise, because, its got more processing power (owed to being a real processor, and not a hacked up C-Media chip) and onboard memory, along with other "help outs" that its got

Of course it would kick its teeth in performance, because due to Creative's licensing scheme (i.e., none at all), it is impossible to make a sound card that processes EAX 3, 4 or 5 in hardware without buying Creative's chipset. See a pattern here?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back