Crap!!! I lost an earpiece from my brand new Inearz customs at the airport.
Apr 7, 2014 at 6:23 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

Kyle76

New Head-Fier
I just received my first pair of customs from Inearz on Friday. I paid extra for a rush order and express shipping so I would have them in time for a business trip today. They arrived on time Friday afternoon, and I was able to use them over the weekend. I really like them, and the fit seemed great. I was really impressed with the isolation. I enjoyed them greatly on the first leg of my trip this morning. As I deboarded the plane and entered the terminal at the Charlotte airport, I removed the earpieces and let them hang around my neck. I had a bit of a layover, so I walked toward my next gate, stopping for some coffee. When I looked down, my left earpiece was gone. I retraced my steps numerous times and asked the cleaning and gate agents between my two gates if the earpiece had been found. No luck. I called the US Airways lost and found at the airport and left a message about the item but as of 5 this evening, I've heard nothing. I can't believe this has happened. The earpieces seemed very secure, but maybe I loosened the left one when I removed it. Boy, do I feel like an idiot!

Apr 7, 2014 at 7:04 PM Post #3 of 13
I just received my first pair of customs from Inearz on Friday. I paid extra for a rush order and express shipping so I would have them in time for a business trip today. They arrived on time Friday afternoon, and I was able to use them over the weekend. I really like them, and the fit seemed great. I was really impressed with the isolation. I enjoyed them greatly on the first leg of my trip this morning. As I deboarded the plane and entered the terminal at the Charlotte airport, I removed the earpieces and let them hang around my neck. I had a bit of a layover, so I walked toward my next gate, stopping for some coffee. When I looked down, my left earpiece was gone. I retraced my steps numerous times and asked the cleaning and gate agents between my two gates if the earpiece had been found. No luck. I called the US Airways lost and found at the airport and left a message about the item but as of 5 this evening, I've heard nothing. I can't believe this has happened. The earpieces seemed very secure, but maybe I loosened the left one when I removed it. Boy, do I feel like an idiot!

Did you remove the cable and use a different one than the one supplied by Inearz?

Apr 7, 2014 at 7:10 PM Post #4 of 13
I bought a cable with an in-line mic and iPhone controls from Ultimate Ears and had Inearz use that for the build. I had not removed the cable since receiving the headphones.

Apr 7, 2014 at 7:20 PM Post #5 of 13
That sucks - my Inearz customs have the recessed sockets. I tried pulling on one connector to see how snug they were - and when it didn't budge, I backed off. They will most certainly detach, but it would have taken more effort than I was willing to give at that moment.

Was it a reshell, or an IP series custom? Either way it blows.

Apr 7, 2014 at 8:47 PM Post #6 of 13
Yeah. I'm really bummed. This was their 350 model. If it doesn't turn up, I guess I'll have to get a replacement earpiece. They returned my impressions. I wonder if they saved the molds?

Apr 7, 2014 at 9:10 PM Post #7 of 13
Yeah. I'm really bummed. This was their 350 model. If it doesn't turn up, I guess I'll have to get a replacement earpiece. They returned my impressions. I wonder if they saved the molds?

This sucks.  You didn't even have a proper "honeymoon" period with your new toy.

In cases like this one can only hope for a little miracle.  Who knows, maybe you will get a call tomorrow from the Airline...but that seems unlikely...try calling the Airport authority.

Apr 7, 2014 at 9:21 PM Post #8 of 13
I'm flying back through Charlotte tomorrow. Hopefully, I'll be in the same gate area and can check again. Or, maybe it'll turn up in the lost and found, but getting it back up damaged seems unlikely. I scoured the area several times as I had a long layover. If it wasn't picked up, it was probably kicked or (gasp) stepped on. Needless to say, it put a damper on my trip. To make matters worse, the TV in my room doesn't work, and the hotel internet is down. What??!!!

Apr 9, 2014 at 2:46 AM Post #9 of 13
I passed back through the Charlotte airport yesterday, and although my time was limited, I made a few inquiries in the concourse area where my earpiece went missing. Sadly, no one had seen it, and I've gotten no response from any lost and found people. It could still turn up, but I'm not holding out much hope.

Apr 23, 2014 at 11:04 PM Post #10 of 13
I passed back through the Charlotte airport yesterday, and although my time was limited, I made a few inquiries in the concourse area where my earpiece went missing. Sadly, no one had seen it, and I've gotten no response from any lost and found people. It could still turn up, but I'm not holding out much hope.

I just went through something like that. While working on my computer, the phone rang, so I I put down my headphone for a second to answer it and next thing I know I couldn't find the headphones anywhere. After an exhaustive search I gave up, went to the kitchen and got a cookie. As I was eating it, I got my second wind and decided to look again. This time I was smart about it, I traced the headphone cable from the plug in my computer to see that voila, they were sitting right there behind my laptop's monitor.

Just goes to show you that you should never give up hope.

Apr 24, 2014 at 1:50 AM Post #12 of 13
(but seriously you should just treat yourself to an even better IEM)

Well, I kind of did. When I sent my headset back for a replacement earpiece, I had them upgraded from triple armatures to quads for a little more low-end punch. I got a call yesterday that they are being shipped back to me. I also went with a darker faceplate.

Apr 24, 2014 at 11:19 PM Post #13 of 13
You could whip the shure se846 around your head as fast as you can like a lasso, and they wouldn't come off. I wonder if inearz have a defect that makes them easy to separate from the cable. Just a thought.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back