Craft Ears Reviews/Impressions Thread
Dec 13, 2023 at 7:04 PM Post #286 of 345
I've told Jed they're his most mature release! In the wider context of his line, they can be a tweaker's paradise but Omnium works right out the box with a universal appeal that will get the most immediate uptake. It's got an ease and effortlessness about it that the others, with a more 'monitor' midrange and highs, don't have.

Omnium doesn't replace Aurum, it won't mine which occupies its own niche. But this has real flagship intangibilities and cues.

The sound "let's go" of Omnium's shell, breathes and projects a lot better which gives that impression. The horn also sounds less tuned around just a specific small bandwidth, you can't hear much acoustic colouration. A product of its tube-less design?

I asked Jed if he had any pics of a CIEM Omnium in a clear shell so I can see the tubeless internals, but there haven’t been any requested to be made that way yet. I was going to go with a clear shell if I could see what it looked like beforehand, as my CIEM RN6 wasn’t too pretty to look at. But their CIEM designs are so nice I opted for a green galaxy shell and faceplate with gold flakes, I’m looking forward to seeing how it turns out!

Dec 20, 2023 at 7:26 AM Post #288 of 345
My CIEM Omnium has shipped.. hoping to have it sometime next week.

Sneak peek courtesy of Craft Ears:

5fc54472-504c-49bf-9be3-718c106959bc.jpeg

😍

Dec 23, 2023 at 9:20 AM Post #290 of 345
Not one for writing reviews usually, but could not, not share how pleased I am with my pair of Craft Ears 'The One'.

In the past I have owned several IEM's and these are hands down my favourites. The only pair I currently own for direct comparison are my Earsonic's Purples. In the past I have used Sennheiser IE800's, Shure SE535, Fiio FH5s Pro and Softears RSV.

My music preferences are varied but typically I'll be tuning into, Electronica, Indie Rock, Alt-Country and more.

I've had these for just over a month now and have listened to them pretty much every working day for many, many hours.

Here's a bullet point list of my thoughts, in no particular order.

Build, comfort, accessories, blah, blah etc.

1. Flawless design and build quality.
2. Comfort, I have very small ears and I can find the shells on the 'One' a bit bulky. With the spin-fit tips I get good seal, but these are still a little uncomfortable for me. Not enough to make me consider changing them, but enough to be one minor gripe. I would say that these are the first IEM's I have owned I would consider a custom fit, as I love them so much :)
3. The supplied cable, comfortable, good length, a little bit boring? More on that later.
4. Good case and decent accessories.

Sound impressions

1. Large and spacious soundstage
2. Great layering and level of detail
3. Awesome bass, controlled, quick and impactful (yes - to me, they do give decent impact even for an IEM)
4. Good tonality music sounds natural to me
5. Work really well with EDM, Indie Rock etc

Other observations

1. They like some juice. Swapping the cable for a balanced one was very worthwhile. I have the Effect Audio Cadmus 8w (bit heavy and uncomfortable, but sounds great)
2. They play well from my portable source (Luxury & Precision W2), but using my Burson Audion Conductor 3xp desktop and these sound incredible. Easily as good as all of the IEM's I have used and I prefer them to my Meze 109 Pro's as well

Comparison to the EarSonics Purple

1. The EarSonics are much more comfortable for me, with my small ears!
2. Level of detail is similar
3. 'The One' has a much larger soundstage
4. 'The One' beats the EarSonics on Bass Control, Bass impact
5. 'The One' are more pleasing to my ears, but I prefer the EarSonics for when using out and about

Anyway, I hope this helps others if they are considering these. I deffo recommend and would also mention dealing with Craft Ears when purchasing was problem free

Dec 23, 2023 at 3:00 PM Post #291 of 345
Not one for writing reviews usually, but could not, not share how pleased I am with my pair of Craft Ears 'The One'.

In the past I have owned several IEM's and these are hands down my favourites. The only pair I currently own for direct comparison are my Earsonic's Purples. In the past I have used Sennheiser IE800's, Shure SE535, Fiio FH5s Pro and Softears RSV.

My music preferences are varied but typically I'll be tuning into, Electronica, Indie Rock, Alt-Country and more.

I've had these for just over a month now and have listened to them pretty much every working day for many, many hours.

Here's a bullet point list of my thoughts, in no particular order.

Build, comfort, accessories, blah, blah etc.

1. Flawless design and build quality.
2. Comfort, I have very small ears and I can find the shells on the 'One' a bit bulky. With the spin-fit tips I get good seal, but these are still a little uncomfortable for me. Not enough to make me consider changing them, but enough to be one minor gripe. I would say that these are the first IEM's I have owned I would consider a custom fit, as I love them so much :)
3. The supplied cable, comfortable, good length, a little bit boring? More on that later.
4. Good case and decent accessories.

Sound impressions

1. Large and spacious soundstage
2. Great layering and level of detail
3. Awesome bass, controlled, quick and impactful (yes - to me, they do give decent impact even for an IEM)
4. Good tonality music sounds natural to me
5. Work really well with EDM, Indie Rock etc

Other observations

1. They like some juice. Swapping the cable for a balanced one was very worthwhile. I have the Effect Audio Cadmus 8w (bit heavy and uncomfortable, but sounds great)
2. They play well from my portable source (Luxury & Precision W2), but using my Burson Audion Conductor 3xp desktop and these sound incredible. Easily as good as all of the IEM's I have used and I prefer them to my Meze 109 Pro's as well

Comparison to the EarSonics Purple

1. The EarSonics are much more comfortable for me, with my small ears!
2. Level of detail is similar
3. 'The One' has a much larger soundstage
4. 'The One' beats the EarSonics on Bass Control, Bass impact
5. 'The One' are more pleasing to my ears, but I prefer the EarSonics for when using out and about

Anyway, I hope this helps others if they are considering these. I deffo recommend and would also mention dealing with Craft Ears when purchasing was problem free
Thanks a lot for the great review. Aurum also needed quite some juice ! Happy to see that there is more bass than Aurum as well !

Jan 24, 2024 at 5:26 PM Post #293 of 345
Craft Ears Omnium

I received the Craft Ears Omnium in custom-fit and I'm delighted with the final result. They look outstanding. Build quality and fit is perfect.

DSC01378-Edit.jpg

My first impressions are extremely positive. I've been using it with the Mojo2/Poly combo and the Sound Tiger Sinfonia portable AMP. I added the Ansuz MKII cable from Viking Weave Cables to the chain. It's a neutral sounding equipment but with rich transients and excellent details retrieval. My music library is mainly prog, rock, metal with some nu jazz, trip hop, film scores and contemporary classical.

1000008908.jpg

In my opinion, the best sound characteristic of the Omnium are the mids. It has an extraordinary naturalness and coherence with just a hint of warmth. Very transparent and clear with excellent layering of instruments. Vocals are sublime.

The bass has great punch with great sub-bass focus. It has good texture and resolution. No bass bleed giving space for vocals instruments. Mid-bass is fairly neutral. I don't think it's lacking anything. It's versatile and it's only present when it's called for Wich is rather a good thing. Sounds faithful to the recording.

Treble is fairly neutral with pretty good details. Resolving without any signal of harshness. No sibilance. The reproduction once again sounds very natural and dynamic. A treble-head probably would want an more emphasized treble but since it has a neutral tonality, there's always space to fine-tune the sound with different sources.

1000008906.jpg

The Omnium technically is very competent. Imaging and staging are the highlights for me. It sounds natural, accurate and very progressive. Not the widest soundstage but with good depth. I also appreciate the dynamics of the Omnium. It really has good energy and it is a very versatile set with good pace, rhythm and timing that works greatly with any music genre.

1000008907.jpg

The Omnium has an exotic driver configuration. Again, for me, it sounds very natural and coherent, especially for an IEM with planar drivers, which is a plus in my book. Nothing is out of place. Nothing is overemphasized and it's balanced across the spectrum. Excellent bass foundations, liquid and detailed mids, articulated and smooth treble and excellent dynamics. I'm sure it will sound even better after burn-in. The Craft Ears Omnium is an very impressive IEM overall.

Feb 1, 2024 at 4:19 PM Post #294 of 345
Mine arrived today, felt in love with the sound quality of this set paired up with Ibasso Dc Elitę. 😍 Craft Ears Six Vs Um Mest MK 2 anyone? What do you think.
IMG_6262.jpeg

Feb 2, 2024 at 5:56 AM Post #295 of 345
Craft Ears Omnium

I received the Craft Ears Omnium in custom-fit and I'm delighted with the final result. They look outstanding. Build quality and fit is perfect.

DSC01378-Edit.jpg

My first impressions are extremely positive. I've been using it with the Mojo2/Poly combo and the Sound Tiger Sinfonia portable AMP. I added the Ansuz MKII cable from Viking Weave Cables to the chain. It's a neutral sounding equipment but with rich transients and excellent details retrieval. My music library is mainly prog, rock, metal with some nu jazz, trip hop, film scores and contemporary classical.

1000008908.jpg

In my opinion, the best sound characteristic of the Omnium are the mids. It has an extraordinary naturalness and coherence with just a hint of warmth. Very transparent and clear with excellent layering of instruments. Vocals are sublime.

The bass has great punch with great sub-bass focus. It has good texture and resolution. No bass bleed giving space for vocals instruments. Mid-bass is fairly neutral. I don't think it's lacking anything. It's versatile and it's only present when it's called for Wich is rather a good thing. Sounds faithful to the recording.

Treble is fairly neutral with pretty good details. Resolving without any signal of harshness. No sibilance. The reproduction once again sounds very natural and dynamic. A treble-head probably would want an more emphasized treble but since it has a neutral tonality, there's always space to fine-tune the sound with different sources.

1000008906.jpg

The Omnium technically is very competent. Imaging and staging are the highlights for me. It sounds natural, accurate and very progressive. Not the widest soundstage but with good depth. I also appreciate the dynamics of the Omnium. It really has good energy and it is a very versatile set with good pace, rhythm and timing that works greatly with any music genre.

1000008907.jpg

The Omnium has an exotic driver configuration. Again, for me, it sounds very natural and coherent, especially for an IEM with planar drivers, which is a plus in my book. Nothing is out of place. Nothing is overemphasized and it's balanced across the spectrum. Excellent bass foundations, liquid and detailed mids, articulated and smooth treble and excellent dynamics. I'm sure it will sound even better after burn-in. The Craft Ears Omnium is an very impressive IEM overall.
Is it better than Multiverse Mentor? :))

Feb 2, 2024 at 6:05 AM Post #296 of 345
Feb 2, 2024 at 6:08 AM Post #297 of 345
Feb 2, 2024 at 8:33 AM Post #299 of 345
They’re tuned quite differently so it wouldn’t really make sense to call one better or worse than the other. The Mentor is stronger technically but doesn’t feel quite as organic in timbre as the Omnium.
Wow and what about detail retrieval?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back